Reminder: Congress Approval Ratings Still at 9%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Sep 4, 2008.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  2. TruthOrg

TruthOrg Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    More bad news, three out of the four nominees (President and Vice President) are from Congress. The only true outsider is Palin. Too bad she can't VP for someone outside of Washington. We are stuck at selecting another four years of talk but no action. If only they can work as hard in the Oval Office as they do politicking/campaigning. Let's hope Obama or McCain will work just as hard if elected than he would have campaigning.

Here's the problem, can we trust one of the Two Senators who come from a Congress that has a less approval rating than the President, George W. Bush? If you want the next four years as the last eight, we're stuck.

3. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I partly agree... However McCain showed that he is trying to change politics by getting Palin where as Obama picked Biden, a 35 year senator. Hard to believe Obama really wants change, when he does this plus in the past Democrats have been the party of big government. So in my opinion those who vote for Obama are voting for bigger, more of the same, government.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
  5. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Uhh when congress is judged, they're judged as a whole and not just one side. Do you honestly believe that the Democrats having a one delegate lead on most issues automatically means the Democrats = failed congress?

Right wingers need to stop spinning the current nation's problems on the Democrats. George W Bush is a Republican and up until the last election; they controlled congress.

So unless republicans all of a sudden mean democrats, it's the republicans fault.

That's from the OP article posted. Surprise Surprise that the Republicans aren't happy and the Democrats are not happy but a little more then the republicans.

It's all politics being played.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  6. MartaK

MartaK Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    And up until the election of 2006, it was a Republican-controlled Congress

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    yes--again ! American AGAIN is faced with bullshit choices offered up to us my the same old parties. Same products--different packaging. Name me one shitty thing that one does that the other does not.

8. gowhite08

gowhite08 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It doesn't matter who's "controlling" congress. Democrat or Republican. Everyone's an expert and everyone is so quick to point a finger. The fact is, BOTH PARTIES are responsible. Behind closed doors, most of them are just as quick to spend tax dollars of the American people. I believe that there are a small few that genuinely want to make a difference, but what can they do?

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,775
    I understand that things started going well in Iraq after the Dems took over Congress.

10. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    That's the point... Both parties are to blame so why would anyone want more of the same....