Reminder: Congress Approval Ratings Still at 9%

So what do half of you want to do????? Make government bigger.... I don't get it.

More bad news, three out of the four nominees (President and Vice President) are from Congress. The only true outsider is Palin. Too bad she can't VP for someone outside of Washington. We are stuck at selecting another four years of talk but no action. If only they can work as hard in the Oval Office as they do politicking/campaigning. Let's hope Obama or McCain will work just as hard if elected than he would have campaigning.

Here's the problem, can we trust one of the Two Senators who come from a Congress that has a less approval rating than the President, George W. Bush? If you want the next four years as the last eight, we're stuck.

I partly agree... However McCain showed that he is trying to change politics by getting Palin where as Obama picked Biden, a 35 year senator. Hard to believe Obama really wants change, when he does this plus in the past Democrats have been the party of big government. So in my opinion those who vote for Obama are voting for bigger, more of the same, government.

SSsshhhhh...the left wants to forget that the reason this admin has been an alleged failure is they've been hobbled by a DEM congress...which is even more unpopular than the admin they demonize continually.

Once again, they think we're too stupid to notice....

Uhh when congress is judged, they're judged as a whole and not just one side. Do you honestly believe that the Democrats having a one delegate lead on most issues automatically means the Democrats = failed congress?

Right wingers need to stop spinning the current nation's problems on the Democrats. George W Bush is a Republican and up until the last election; they controlled congress.

So unless republicans all of a sudden mean democrats, it's the republicans fault.

Not surprisingly, there's a partisan divide in the ratings. While 64% of Republicans and 62% of unaffiliated voters say Congress is doing a poor job, just 35% of Democrats agree. Sixteen percent (16%) of Democrats think Congress is doing a good or excellent job, but only five percent (5%) of Republican voters and four percent (4%) of unaffiliated voters agree.

That's from the OP article posted. Surprise Surprise that the Republicans aren't happy and the Democrats are not happy but a little more then the republicans.

It's all politics being played.

Last edited:
And up until the election of 2006, it was a Republican-controlled Congress

It doesn't matter who's "controlling" congress. Democrat or Republican. Everyone's an expert and everyone is so quick to point a finger. The fact is, BOTH PARTIES are responsible. Behind closed doors, most of them are just as quick to spend tax dollars of the American people. I believe that there are a small few that genuinely want to make a difference, but what can they do?

That's the point... Both parties are to blame so why would anyone want more of the same....

I understand that things started going well in Iraq after the Dems took over Congress.

LOL... Nice try but I think we all know how Democrats feel about the military....LOL

I understand that things started going well in Iraq after the Dems took over Congress.

You're an idiot.
Things started going well in Iraq after Congress decided, with ONE VOTE, not to RETREAT from Iraq, which would have been a blood bath to end all blood baths..and would still be going on and would probably go on forever.

Things started going well in Iraq after we started the SURGE, which the idiot Dems fought TOOTH AND NAIL, claiming there was no way we could have anything but defeat and dishonor in Iraq, claiming that the Iraqis did not want us there, claiming that we were beat before we even started.

God I wish you would shut that big yapping hole sometimes. It's one thing to be charmingly dim, but sometimes stupidity can be dangerous, and sometimes it's just nauseating to hear lie after lie...and see the bland affect of someone pretending to be even dumber than she really is.

We'll be fine once we get rid of the Dems. They're fouling the whole pond.

LOL... Nice try but I think we all know how Democrats feel about the military....LOL

do we?

Project Vote Smart - S Amdt 2909 Time Between Troop Deployments Member Vote List

Time Between Troop Deployments

Vote to adopt an amendment that adds language to HR 1585 establishing mandatory minimum rest periods for members of the regular and reserve components of the armed forces between deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, and expressing the sense of the Congress concerning ideal rest periods between these deployments.

check who voted yes and who voted no!

Dems overwhelmingly voted YES to allow more time for soldiers between deployments.

who hates the military again?

Forum List

Back