Remind us again how the dems will compromise?

Excuse me if the schadenfreude is just too delicious at least as far as the political maneuvering here is concerned, republicans do not have a problem with this mess that they did not bring upon themselves 100%. The incredible amount of political capital they wagered on kicking the can to this point in time and winning the election and therefore having the upper hand in this situation is mind boggling in it's stupidity and carelessness. They have played chicken with their entire platform and lost, pray you still have a party to peel off the road when this over.

Republicans "kicked the can?"

You are utterly hilarious.

You are a fucking retard, as usual.

They will cut plenty but the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy are history and the pentagon gets cut too, just the way it is, republicans put this incredible piece of political leverage here for the party who won the election to pick up, somehow they never even prepared themselves for the possibility that it might not be them.

I hope the Republicans allow the Bush tax cuts to expire. Then a good chunk of the 47% will learn what it's like to pay taxes again. I also hope the all the sequestration cuts to take affect. What "piece of political leverage" did the Republicans create? Democrats are the ones who have been lobbying for both of those outcomes. Let them get what they've been demanding.

Republicans just wasted four years, making an endless string of demands that weren't commensurate with their actual negotiating leverage. When offered anything less than total acquiescence, they walked away. And all of it based on the gamble that being useless for four years would pay off for their party on Election Day 2012.

It didn't. They lost the presidency (again) and they lost seats in both chambers of Congress; only the structural advantages they built through the redistricting process saved them from losing the House this year, as well.

The Democrats won 50.6% of the votes for president, to 47.8% for the Republicans; 53.6% of the votes for the Senate, to 42.9% for the Republicans; and…49% of the votes for the House, to 48.2% for the Republicans (some ballots are still being counted). That’s not a vote for divided government. It’s a clean sweep.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=fvwrel]You Get Nothing! - YouTube[/ame]

They will cut plenty but the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy are history and the pentagon gets cut too, just the way it is, republicans put this incredible piece of political leverage here for the party who won the election to pick up, somehow they never even prepared themselves for the possibility that it might not be them.

I hope the Republicans allow the Bush tax cuts to expire. Then a good chunk of the 47% will learn what it's like to pay taxes again. I also hope the all the sequestration cuts to take affect. What "piece of political leverage" did the Republicans create? Democrats are the ones who have been lobbying for both of those outcomes. Let them get what they've been demanding.

Looks like Britpat has the usual conservative memory loss, it makes it possible to actually believe their own bullshit. Also saying the Republicans should just surrender is pretty funny from a former "no compromise" Zealot.

Elections have consequences, republicans have put themselves in a situation where all their sacred cows are at peril at a time when they cannot possibly feel that confident taking a hardline stand. Democrats just do not have that much at stake in this mess so prepare your anus.

well, just remember what bamie said, there has to be a balance, increased taxes along with spending cuts, course I knew the whole fucking time he was lying through his teeth.

Excuse me if the schadenfreude is just too delicious at least as far as the political maneuvering here is concerned, republicans do not have a problem with this mess that they did not bring upon themselves 100%. The incredible amount of political capital they wagered on kicking the can to this point in time and winning the election and therefore having the upper hand in this situation is mind boggling in it's stupidity and carelessness. They have played chicken with their entire platform and lost, pray you still have a party to peel off the road when this over.

Republicans "kicked the can?"

You are utterly hilarious.

How dumb are you? :cuckoo:

Democrats stiffen spine against trimming benefits - Yahoo! News

Remind me again how compromise just means the republicans give in.

why would you cut things that matter to the vast majority of this society before you make the top 1% kick in?

because history has shown that the tax increases come and the cuts never do, just like the border never gets closed.

that's not true at all, willow. what history has shown is cutting taxes for the top 1% does nothing but enrich the top 1%

http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/files/documents/CRSTaxesandtheEconomy Top Rates.pdf

and for the record, i have no problem with shared sacrifice. but i'll be damned if i'm going to watch them cut funds to my son's schools, take away student loans, and drive the middle class into the ground so someone earning over a million a year can save 4%... because, really, that's what we're talking about.

Looks like Britpat has the usual conservative memory loss, it makes it possible to actually believe their own bullshit. Also saying the Republicans should just surrender is pretty funny from a former "no compromise" Zealot.

If you think Obama and the Dims want all the Bush tax cuts to expire and the sequestration cuts to take affect, then I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.

why would you cut things that matter to the vast majority of this society before you make the top 1% kick in?

because history has shown that the tax increases come and the cuts never do, just like the border never gets closed.

that's not true at all, willow. what history has shown is cutting taxes for the top 1% does nothing but enrich the top 1%

http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/files/documents/CRSTaxesandtheEconomy Top Rates.pdf

and for the record, i have no problem with shared sacrifice. but i'll be damned if i'm going to watch them cut funds to my son's schools, take away student loans, and drive the middle class into the ground so someone earning over a million a year can save 4%... because, really, that's what we're talking about.

The rich will get that 4% back and you know it, and still the cuts will never come and you know that too. so what we're talking about really and what you voted for is a 20 trillion dollar debt that your children and grandchildren will be stuck with. You and I won't live long enough to see the long term ramifications and that's what bamie is counting on.

Yep, the politicians can't close the border without "comprehensive" immigration reform (Amnesty). Of course, once the amnesty is granted, the border will remain open.

Elections have consequences, republicans have put themselves in a situation where all their sacred cows are at peril at a time when they cannot possibly feel that confident taking a hardline stand. Democrats just do not have that much at stake in this mess so prepare your anus.

In other words, Democrats have no intention of cutting anything, despite what they said before the election. But we already knew that. Only the suckers who voted for them believed otherwise.

I thought that according to you Wingnuts, they cut 716 Billion from Medicare...

Yep, the politicians can't close the border without "comprehensive" immigration reform (Amnesty). Of course, once the amnesty is granted, the border will remain open.

It certainly will.

Democrats stiffen spine against trimming benefits - Yahoo! News

Remind me again how compromise just means the republicans give in.

Because the Republicans have painted themselves into a corner.

Defense cuts kick in automatically, as do entitlement cuts and tax increases. This is what they agreed to.

Obama can just sit back, and watch them get all the blame. He's not running again.

The GOP took a gamble they could kick the can down to now, and they'd control the House and Senate and Presidency.

They were wrong.

yep, just screw the other half that didn't vote for the dear leader

How is that possible? Millions of them are in the 47%, too.

In other words, Democrats have no intention of cutting anything, despite what they said before the election. But we already knew that. Only the suckers who voted for them believed otherwise.

I thought that according to you Wingnuts, they cut 716 Billion from Medicare...

he stole 716 billion from medicare to fund obamacare.

If you think Obama and the Dims want all the Bush tax cuts to expire and the sequestration cuts to take affect, then I have some swamp land in Florida I'd like to sell you.
I never said that but when republicans made this deal they never planed to implement, they confidently predicted a republican president and senate to make the tax cuts permanent, raise pentagon spending, cut some entitlements and never mention the D word until democrats win again. Instead of that conservative dream of plutocratic cock gobbling they now have to negotiate from a remarkable position of weakness, you do not know yet just how horribly they failed you but you will and you will cry.

Forum List

Back