Remind me why we had to extort $20BB from BP again?

By imposing a drilling moratorium, which was falsely justified by misrepresenting expert advice.

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

dissipates?

gulf-oil-spill-killing-wildlife-hermit-crabs_21358_600x450.jpg

Idiot.

Why would you want frank to stop stomping his feet and crying. It's hacktastick.

AUGUST 9, 2010, 11:24 A.M. ET

WASHINGTON—BP PLC said Monday that it has made an initial deposit of $3 billion into a $20 billion spill-recovery fund.

BP said it was making the deposit earlier than the originally scheduled Sept. 30 deadline to show its commitment to restoring the livelihoods of people affected by the worst offshore oil spill in history. The company said it would make an additional $2 billion deposit in the fourth quarter.

In June, BP agreed to set up the fund following a meeting between company Chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg and then-Chief Executive Tony Hayward with U.S. President Barack Obama and senior administration officials.

BP Deposits $3 Billion in Spill Fund - WSJ.com

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

dissipates?

Idiot.

That's it? That's the disaster?

Um, dumbasses. The oil is still there. They think it is lurking just under the surface and forming into tarballs. There is no telling how bad this will be, as we do not know the toxicity of the dispersants on top of all of that oil. So go ahead and defend your poor put-upon corporation that could have PREVENTED all of this if they didn't cut corners to make more of a profit just like 99% of corporations do. I wouldn't eat any crab, though. THAT'S why people are not coming to Nawlins... they fear tainted seafood.

The Associated Press: Crabs provide evidence oil tainting Gulf food web

Gulf Spill Pictures: Toxic Oil Found Just Under Beaches

There's Less To See, But Oil Still Haunts The Gulf : NPR

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not true at all.

A recent report by the U.S. Travel Association predicts the economic losses for Gulf Coast businesses and individuals could top $23 billion over the next three years
| Pensacola Business | Pensacola News Journal

I guess it's a non-event if you don't live there.

I live here.... we have asshats like Aretha Franklin who cancels concerts because of the "oil". And others who don't come to New Orleans because of the "oil". Have these dipshits ever looked at a map?

Don't get me wrong, people are stupid.

But it's causing billions of tourism dollars to be lost, even if it's just because people are stupid.

The dildo in the White House......errr..... I mean, in Air Force One........ on a golf course some where......... on a basketball court somewhere....... whatever. Barack Obama proves your statement......... people are stupid.

So are the biased "scientist" that compared an accidental blowout in the warm waters of The Gulf of Mexico to the Exxon Valdez tanker running aground by a drunk in the frigid waters of Prince William Sound......... A huge difference. Another huge difference was the oil itself, part of the reason for the high flow of oil was it's type, light sweet crude. The Valdez was thick, heavy black crude. Add that to water temperature and the higher population of oil eating organisms and you see that we were bullshitted by "scientist" that were either lying or full of shit. We were also lied to by the Asshole in chief as he used this as an excuse for shutting down the oil industry in the Gulf....... this in itself has caused more damage to jobs than the spill itself.

As for the fishermen...... I don't give a shit about their tax cheating, over fishing, over priced, drunkard profession.

dissipates?

Idiot.

That's it? That's the disaster?

Well...those tar balls have crabs. It is a public health issue at a minimum.

I think Louisiana should get another 20 billion and Florida should get 10 billion and we call it even. Put the moritorium on BP only.

I live here.... we have asshats like Aretha Franklin who cancels concerts because of the "oil". And others who don't come to New Orleans because of the "oil". Have these dipshits ever looked at a map?

Don't get me wrong, people are stupid.

But it's causing billions of tourism dollars to be lost, even if it's just because people are stupid.

The dildo in the White House......errr..... I mean, in Air Force One........ on a golf course some where......... on a basketball court somewhere....... whatever. Barack Obama proves your statement......... people are stupid.

So are the biased "scientist" that compared an accidental blowout in the warm waters of The Gulf of Mexico to the Exxon Valdez tanker running aground by a drunk in the frigid waters of Prince William Sound......... A huge difference. Another huge difference was the oil itself, part of the reason for the high flow of oil was it's type, light sweet crude. The Valdez was thick, heavy black crude. Add that to water temperature and the higher population of oil eating organisms and you see that we were bullshitted by "scientist" that were either lying or full of shit. We were also lied to by the Asshole in chief as he used this as an excuse for shutting down the oil industry in the Gulf....... this in itself has caused more damage to jobs than the spill itself.

As for the fishermen...... I don't give a shit about their tax cheating, over fishing, over priced, drunkard profession.

Wow, your classiness astounds me.

You managed to mindlessly attack the President (which was NOT what I was talking about), insult an entire industry, and invalidate the damage of this spill, all in a single paragraph.

The Federal Government owns 20% of Ctitibank.

Citibank is the bank of choice for holding the BP Blackmail Fund. Of the MEGA banks that received TARP bail out funds, it's the only one that hasn't repaid the government for all of the funding it received (as of now, it's repaid about half).

And that is a big part of the reason why its balance sheet is now being propped up with BP money.

The End.

Forum List

Back