Remind me again

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
Remind me again, why is the United States backing a rebel force that uses suicide bombers?

(Reuters) – Rebel suicide bombers struck overnight at an Air Force Intelligence compound on the edge of the Syrian capital Damascus, killing or wounding at least 100 people, insurgents and activists said on Tuesday.
The militant Islamist group al-Nusra Front said it had mounted the attack because it was used a center for torture and repression in the crackdown on the 18-month-old revolt against President Bashar al-Assad.
“Big shockwaves shattered windows and destroyed shop facades. It felt as if a bomb exploded inside every house in the area,” said one resident of the suburb of Harasta, where the compound was located.
Activists living nearby said the bombing caused at least 100 casualties among security personnel, based on the number of ambulances that rushed to the scene and the enormity of the explosions.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012. That's the worst news I've read all day.

To answer your initial question: We have a muslim in office who enjoys this. "Smile in their faces and curse them in your hearts."

As he wrote in his book, he stands with Islam first.

I'm getting creeped out by this whole thing. I talk to people who have been conservative longer than I have and they get mad at me for suggesting our governement has already surrendered, genuinely and secretly, to the rule of Islam, and they think I am nuts.

I also have noticed, on the spiritual side, that the moderate non-suicidal Muslims are being as much silenced by our own supposedly "secular" or "judeochristian" media and unsupported in their efforts to protect themselves against Muslim extremists as you'd expect if they were in a Taliban country instead of American.

I have begun to study Islam a little, in efforts to understand this new level of war and I am amazed at what I am learning. My heart goes out to all the moderate & peaceful Muslims as well as to all my fellow Christians and others.

I really do believe Obama is a figurehead laughing at us all while a very sinister and evil cartel of some kind is running things behind a facade of democracy.

I'm getting creeped out by this whole thing. I talk to people who have been conservative longer than I have and they get mad at me for suggesting our governement has already surrendered, genuinely and secretly, to the rule of Islam, and they think I am nuts.

I also have noticed, on the spiritual side, that the moderate non-suicidal Muslims are being as much silenced by our own supposedly "secular" or "judeochristian" media and unsupported in their efforts to protect themselves against Muslim extremists as you'd expect if they were in a Taliban country instead of American.

I have begun to study Islam a little, in efforts to understand this new level of war and I am amazed at what I am learning. My heart goes out to all the moderate & peaceful Muslims as well as to all my fellow Christians and others.

I really do believe Obama is a figurehead laughing at us all while a very sinister and evil cartel of some kind is running things behind a facade of democracy.

As you see, even the most "peaceful" muslims smile about 9/11. :mad:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg]Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque - YouTube[/ame]

Well, I can't see it because for some reason the image is not loading but I get your point. However, this kind of photo that is made to make a point is not a genuine contact with real people. I was listening to several Muslims who tried to discuss moderation on the radio get shouted down byt he emotional hosts and it made me sad because this means that young Muslim listeners are robbed of hearing a critical voice that might pull them back from extremism.

Islam itself is not that different from Christianity or Judaism. The theologies of all three contain layers and layers of metaphorical expressions that are lately interpreted only in literal and violent senses.

Well, I can't see it because for some reason the image is not loading but I get your point. However, this kind of photo that is made to make a point is not a genuine contact with real people. I was listening to several Muslims who tried to discuss moderation on the radio get shouted down byt he emotional hosts and it made me sad because this means that young Muslim listeners are robbed of hearing a critical voice that might pull them back from extremism.

Islam itself is not that different from Christianity or Judaism. The theologies of all three contain layers and layers of metaphorical expressions that are lately interpreted only in literal and violent senses.

I was following you until the first sentence of your second paragraph. They are diametrically opposed.

Then all those "moderate & peaceful muslims" need to align themselves with christians who oppose radical Islamists who would destroy all who disagree with their evil and perverted religion.

well, i can't see it because for some reason the image is not loading but i get your point. However, this kind of photo that is made to make a point is not a genuine contact with real people. I was listening to several muslims who tried to discuss moderation on the radio get shouted down byt he emotional hosts and it made me sad because this means that young muslim listeners are robbed of hearing a critical voice that might pull them back from extremism.

Islam itself is not that different from christianity or judaism. The theologies of all three contain layers and layers of metaphorical expressions that are lately interpreted only in literal and violent senses.

bullshit.

well, i can't see it because for some reason the image is not loading but i get your point. However, this kind of photo that is made to make a point is not a genuine contact with real people. I was listening to several muslims who tried to discuss moderation on the radio get shouted down byt he emotional hosts and it made me sad because this means that young muslim listeners are robbed of hearing a critical voice that might pull them back from extremism.

Islam itself is not that different from christianity or judaism. The theologies of all three contain layers and layers of metaphorical expressions that are lately interpreted only in literal and violent senses.

bullshit.

Indeed. :clap2:

I was following you until the first sentence of your second paragraph. They are diametrically opposed.

To be "not that different" does not mean that they are not opposed.

Sorry about the multiple negatives. Try it this way: two football teams hate each other, massive rivalry, etc etc. Fans dare not walk alone in the wrong stadium with their own team colors, etc.

But the teams are "not that different" in what they are trying to accomplish, what they believe, etc.

I have been attacked many times as a Christian with the accusation that I believe all kinds of crazy violent stuff that only a totally materialist atheist would think the Bible supports, because of the "layer" on which the atheist is reading the Bible. Also attacked by Bible fundies who hate other Christians for our wider reading of Scripture.

The same is true of Islam. "Jihad" can mean a metaphorical, spiritual struggle but if that layer is erased by the extremists and the erasure is supported by Christian opponents, then "Houston, we have a problem." There are indeed Muslims who still hold to the metaphorical reading but they are attacked by extremist Muslims just as badly as if they were not Muslim.

To be "not that different" does not mean that they are not opposed.

Sorry about the multiple negatives. Try it this way: two football teams hate each other, massive rivalry, etc etc. Fans dare not walk alone in the wrong stadium with their own team colors, etc.

But the teams are "not that different" in what they are trying to accomplish, what they believe, etc.

I have been attacked many times as a Christian with the accusation that I believe all kinds of crazy violent stuff that only a totally materialist atheist would think the Bible supports, because of the "layer" on which the atheist is reading the Bible. Also attacked by Bible fundies who hate other Christians for our wider reading of Scripture.

The same is true of Islam. "Jihad" can mean a metaphorical, spiritual struggle but if that layer is erased by the extremists and the erasure is supported by Christian opponents, then "Houston, we have a problem." There are indeed Muslims who still hold to the metaphorical reading but they are attacked by extremist Muslims just as badly as if they were not Muslim.

Somehow I can't compare a football game to the War on Terror, 9/11, and the muslim pig currently occupying the White House.

To put it bluntly.

Somehow I can't compare a football game to the War on Terror, 9/11, and the muslim pig currently occupying the White House.

To put it bluntly.

Well, look: how did our "team" end up with a Muslim in the White House? :confused:

See, I am up in the bleachers scratching my head over how those guys on the field are playing the same game with each other and us poor fans dare not speak the truth:

We been had, and not by some desert bedouins in North Africa, but by our own so-called "team" right here within our own borders. Sharia law is now appearing within our own formerly free land, and ironically it could never have gotten this far had the road not been paved by the very Jews the Muslims hate so much. (No muslim ever stood up to attack Christian culture every Christmas. In my experience in past years of town and city councils, it was ALWAYS a Jew demanding that we silence our joyful celebration of life, each and every time.)

Forum List

Back