Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero

How did Lincoln "inspire" them on his side? Most of the carpetbaggers in the Union Army despised blacks and did not want to fight alongside them. Blacks in the army faced intense abuse from racists Union soldiers. For a long time they were not even allowed to carry a rifle. Lincoln was a known white supremacist who looked down his nose at blacks, so I'm curious about the source of this so-called "inspiration."
Despite your ignorance, close to 200,000 blacks fought for the north. Most from the south and border states.

Who Fought

Don't you ever tire of being shown up as the forum fuckwit, fuckwit??

You didn't respond to a thing I posted.

How did Lincoln, the white supremacist, inspire blacks to fight for the Union?
You're ridiculously stupid, fuckwit. No doubt about it. He inspired them with the chance to fight against slavery. :eusa_doh:

You mean he did absolutely nothing to inspire them.

Thanks for playing.
Again, I forgot ... words have no meaning to you. :dunno: That's not what I said, yet your diseased brain still translated my words wrong. :cuckoo:

Did you post an explanation of what he did to inspire them? No?

Case closed.

Fuckwit, it means he wanted to free the slaves. He fucking said so. He said his first impulse is to free them. His own words.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot ... you have your own dictionary where words have different meaning to you.

Of course, you are free to interpret his words any way you like, no matter how absurd your interpretation is. I simply note what he actually said, and it's not what you claim.
One would have to be brain-dead to interpret these words to mean anything other than he wanted to free the slaves ...

"My first impulse would be to free all the slaves"

I didn't interpret anything. I noted exactly what he said, and it isn't what you claim. The later is interpretation, and it's justified by absolutely nothing.
What he said was his first impulse would be to free the slaves ... meaning he wanted to free the slaves. :eusa_doh: He went on to say his idea, to ship them all back to Liberia, would not work ... meaning he would not do that even though he wanted them freed.

Savvy?
You will argue anything to death.

I'm done discussing it.
Actually, you were already done. You've already demonstrated you have your own definition for words, you think you know better than authoritative sources, and you're eager to alter historical documents to fit your purposes.

Of course blacks fought on both sides. Many were still slaves. Many may have not been so eager to end slavery.

Some Jews helped the Nazis. Your logic would dictate because of that, Jews weren't against the Nazi's :cuckoo:

You have no idea what the war was about, because you're an idiot who was taught it was about slavery. So in your mind, everything was motivated by that single issue. That makes you a moron who ate the marshmallow.

The truth is, from the Southern side, the war was seen as a defense against invasion. People were defending their lands, their families, and their country from an invading army. If President Obama sent an army to invade Idaho, I would rush to its defense, not giving a damn about what other issues there might be. Patriotism was seen as loyalty to one's state first, then the Union. You see, you have no idea what axioms and mentalities governed that era because you blindly swallow everything you were taught in government schools. You aren't a thinker, you are indoctrinated. You can't think outside of what you were told to believe.

I feel bad for you. I do everything in my power to make sure my kids turn out nothing like you.
Too bad for your flame out the south seceded to save slavery. Their reasons for defending their land doesn't change that. Kind of destroys your entire diatribe. :eusa_doh: The [white] north didn't fight to end slavery either but to restore the union. But Lincoln seized the opportunity to free the slaves to attract many to fight against the south, which many did. Upwards of almost 150,000 between the southern and border states. Brilliant move which helped the north win. For Lincoln, a win-win. He restored the union and freed the slaves. Firmly establishes him among the greatest presidents despite what lunatics like you and fuckwit think.

He only had to kill 600,000 to do it too. That's the entire city of Las Vegas dead. That's not greatness, that's just evil. Buddha was great. Gandhi was great. Jesus was great. They achieved remarkable things without killing anyone. To glorify somebody for starting a war and killing people, even if something positive resulted from it, shows you have no idea what true greatness is.
The south didn't have to secede. That was their choice for which they paid dearly for. And Lincoln didn't start the war. Confederates started when they attacked a U.S. fort. They paid dearly for that too. That doesn't change simply because you wish to rewrite history.

Repeating the same idiocies over and over again doesn't make them true.
I will post the truth as long as you post your hallucinations.

Despite your ignorance, close to 200,000 blacks fought for the north. Most from the south and border states.

Who Fought

Don't you ever tire of being shown up as the forum fuckwit, fuckwit??

You didn't respond to a thing I posted.

How did Lincoln, the white supremacist, inspire blacks to fight for the Union?
You're ridiculously stupid, fuckwit. No doubt about it. He inspired them with the chance to fight against slavery. :eusa_doh:

You mean he did absolutely nothing to inspire them.

Thanks for playing.
Again, I forgot ... words have no meaning to you. :dunno: That's not what I said, yet your diseased brain still translated my words wrong. :cuckoo:

Did you post an explanation of what he did to inspire them? No?

Case closed.
Yes, I did. But again, you don't understand English. So I can't help you more than I already have.

Oh, and also, blacks fought on both sides of the war. Now there's an inconvenient truth for the Leftist Lincoln cultists.
Of course blacks fought on both sides. Many were still slaves. Many may have not been so eager to end slavery.

Some Jews helped the Nazis. Your logic would dictate because of that, Jews weren't against the Nazi's :cuckoo:

You have no idea what the war was about, because you're an idiot who was taught it was about slavery. So in your mind, everything was motivated by that single issue. That makes you a moron who ate the marshmallow.

The truth is, from the Southern side, the war was seen as a defense against invasion. People were defending their lands, their families, and their country from an invading army. If President Obama sent an army to invade Idaho, I would rush to its defense, not giving a damn about what other issues there might be. Patriotism was seen as loyalty to one's state first, then the Union. You see, you have no idea what axioms and mentalities governed that era because you blindly swallow everything you were taught in government schools. You aren't a thinker, you are indoctrinated. You can't think outside of what you were told to believe.

I feel bad for you. I do everything in my power to make sure my kids turn out nothing like you.
Too bad for your flame out the south seceded to save slavery. Their reasons for defending their land doesn't change that. Kind of destroys your entire diatribe. :eusa_doh: The [white] north didn't fight to end slavery either but to restore the union. But Lincoln seized the opportunity to free the slaves to attract many to fight against the south, which many did. Upwards of almost 150,000 between the southern and border states. Brilliant move which helped the north win. For Lincoln, a win-win. He restored the union and freed the slaves. Firmly establishes him among the greatest presidents despite what lunatics like you and fuckwit think.

The South had designs on invading Mexico and creating a tropical empire; Fortunately Abe stopped them.

Oh, and also, blacks fought on both sides of the war. Now there's an inconvenient truth for the Leftist Lincoln cultists.

The South had designs on invading Mexico and creating a tropical empire; Fortunately Abe stopped them.

Yeah, how would the U.S. invade Mexico if the Confederacy got there first?

He only had to kill 600,000 to do it too. That's the entire city of Las Vegas dead. That's not greatness, that's just evil. Buddha was great. Gandhi was great. Jesus was great. They achieved remarkable things without killing anyone. To glorify somebody for starting a war and killing people, even if something positive resulted from it, shows you have no idea what true greatness is.
The south didn't have to secede. That was their choice for which they paid dearly for. And Lincoln didn't start the war. Confederates started when they attacked a U.S. fort. They paid dearly for that too. That doesn't change simply because you wish to rewrite history.
The 11 states seceding didn't force anyone to go to war. You're starting to bore me. Goodbye.

The 11 states seceding didn't force anyone to go to war.
"Force?" Maybe, maybe not. Lincoln certainly wanted to save the union.

Attacking a U.S. fort, however -- now that certainly forced the U.S. to go to war.

You're starting to bore me. Goodbye.
See ya! Don't let the door knob hit ya.

Ah, irrelevant. The seceding states clearly knew Lincoln's view was there move was illegal (Buchanan and Lee agreed btw), and Lincoln would use force to preserve the union.

The 11 states seceding didn't force anyone to go to war.
"Force?" Maybe, maybe not. Lincoln certainly wanted to save the union.

Attacking a U.S. fort, however -- now that certainly forced the U.S. to go to war.

You're starting to bore me. Goodbye.
See ya! Don't let the door knob hit ya.

That is no more cause for war than France attacking a warehouse in Paris owned by the federal government would be cause for Obama to invade France.

Ah, irrelevant. The seceding states clearly knew Lincoln's view was there move was illegal (Buchanan and Lee agreed btw), and Lincoln would use force to preserve the union.

Lincoln's "view" is irrelevant. When did he become the final arbiter of the Constitution and international law? Hitler's view was that he was justified in invading Poland. See how stupid your theory sounds?

Actually I can because it's the truth. It had nothing to do with what started the war.
Thanks for revealing your ignorance. :thup:

That's not actually a refutation...just in case you thought it was.
Sure it is You think just because morons like you who deny the South seceded and fought to remain separate in order to keep slavery means everyone else believes your idiocies too? :cuckoo:

Who was threatening to end slavery?
The north was.

Just about every state in the north made slavery illegal. Northern states were fighting to prevent slavery from expanding to future states. Lincoln, running for presudent, was against slavery, although he didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

Bullshit. Lincoln was not against slavery (in fact, he explicitly stated as much) and was, in fact, a white supremacist!

Thanks for revealing your ignorance. :thup:

Sure it is You think just because morons like you who deny the South seceded and fought to remain separate in order to keep slavery means everyone else believes your idiocies too? :cuckoo:

The north was.

Just about every state in the north made slavery illegal. Northern states were fighting to prevent slavery from expanding to future states. Lincoln, running for presudent, was against slavery, although he didn't know how it could be ended in the south.

Bullshit. Lincoln was not against slavery (in fact, he explicitly stated as much) and was, in fact, a white supremacist!
"I hate indifference to slavery because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."

I can quote Lincoln, too:
If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.

I can quote Lincoln, too:
If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that.
That was Lincoln stating his top priority was saving the union. He was still against slavery; as the quote I posted indicated.

Lincoln's "view" is irrelevant. When did he become the final arbiter of the Constitution and international law? Hitler's view was that he was justified in invading Poland. See how stupid your theory sounds?

And that question would never be put to the courts because of Lincoln's war with the Supreme Court, defying their rulings and attempting to arrest the Chief Justice under the Alien and Sedition Act. That president was unhinged and an authority only to himself. Adolf Hitler could only wish that historians would work so hard to white wash his legacy like they did Lincoln's.

The north was.

"I hate indifference to slavery because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world-enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites-causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty-criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."

You edited the quote to mean something different than what he actually said. What he really said is that he opposed the spread of slavery. He did not say he was opposed to allowing slavery to remain in the existing slave states:

This is the repeal of the Missouri Compromise.1 The foregoing history may not be precisely accurate in every particular, but I am sure it is sufficiently so for all the uses I shall attempt to make of it, and in it we have before us the chief materials enabling us to correctly judge whether the repeal of the Missouri Compromise is right or wrong.

I think, and shall try to show, that it is wrong,—wrong in its direct effect, letting slavery into Kansas and Nebraska, and wrong in its prospective principle, allowing it to spread to every other part of the wide world, where men can be found inclined to take it.

This declared indifference, but, as I must think, covert real zeal for the spread of slavery, I cannot but hate. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world,—enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites; causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty,—criticising the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest.

Abraham Lincoln, First Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Ottawa, Illinois, August 21, 1858

You lied. But who is surprised about that?

Forum List

Back