Remembering Republican Statements

What on earth are you talking about? Bush took over with a surplus and a strong economy that he pissed away.
Huh? :confused:

Bill Clinton started his presidency with an expanding economy and left it in a disaster. First there was the stock market bust. And don't forget about the Enron, Tyco, Worldcom, Global Crossing, etc. fiascoes. Those led to a recession (remember it was president Clinton that declared that the business cycle was over - LOL). And the impact of 9/11 on the markets alone was almost two trillion dollars. And then there was the depleted military, intel services, etc. Some "strong economy"...

What on earth are you talking about? Bush took over with a surplus and a strong economy that he pissed away.

So what turnabout? Lies??? Cool... destroy your credibility so you can be spiteful. It isn't our fault that you voted for an incompetant who ran the economy into the ground .... TWICE.

I'm still wondering how Obama caused Bush's recession... amusing. Irrational, but amusing.

As for Obama's actions.... since your dude seems to have abdicated responsibility other than passing a lot of disgusting regs before he leaves office to screw the new administration.... then it probably is up to Obama to show people that at least the smart people will take over come January rather than let the economy tank even more because of right wing incompetence.

Oh brother. Talk about ass-backward thinking. Turnabout that YOU and especially YOU were first to chirp up about how Clinton was no longer President each and every time his name was brought up.

My credibility is fine, thanks. Some ARE delusional about theirs though. There's nothing spiteful at all about calling you hypocrites every time you mention Bush's name since you went high and to the right every time Clinton's got mentioned. That's called pointing out your hypocrisy.

As far as Obama goes, he's out of bounds and you know it. If a Republican did that you'd be pissing your pants over it.

And speaking of ruining one's credibility ... how long do you intend to perpetuate the myth that the economy is tanking because of rightwing incompetence? Wasn't a Republican that loosened restrictions so lenders could make a bunch of high risk loans.

Then there's the fact the Dems who blew smoke up y'all's asses and got you to vote for them, as usual, have had control of Congress for 2 years and done NOTHING but investigate steroids in baseball.

Oh that's right ... they voted for the bailout and are working on another with nothing to back it up but taxpayer dollars, but that's okay with you because big government and higher taxes are what you vote for.

You need to stay out of the fast lane and keep your ass over there with the toolers-alongers. You won't get your ass falt run over some much.

The fish we currently have to fry are so much bigger than this whole Democrat V Republican battle some of us still want to fight.

Honestly, it's time to stop this partian bickering and figure out how on earth we're going to keep our nation from going down entirely.

Now I understand completely that there are differences in opinion about what the right course is to take, but it truly is time to start thinking outside these tiny partisan boxes some of us seem to be trapped in.

The CRA is a Democrat created monster and directly led to this financial crsis. They refused to allow further oversight of Freddie and Fannie out of committees which may have prevented or at least greatly lessoned the financial meltdown.

If Republicans are at fault why are the Democrats not investigating any Republicans? :confused:

It is the height of partisanship to primarily blame the Democrats for this mess, and its merely political talking points to finger the GSEs as the cause of this problem.

The fish we currently have to fry are so much bigger than this whole Democrat V Republican battle some of us still want to fight.

Honestly, it's time to stop this partian bickering and figure out how on earth we're going to keep our nation from going down entirely.

Now I understand completely that there are differences in opinion about what the right course is to take, but it truly is time to start thinking outside these tiny partisan boxes some of us seem to be trapped in.

Toro said:
It is the height of partisanship to primarily blame the Democrats for this mess, and its merely political talking points to finger the GSEs as the cause of this problem.
Bipartisanship to a Democrat:

1. When Democrats in power pander for votes by declaring they will be bipartisan with absolutely no intent

2. When Democrats insist that legitimate Republican criticism is partisan

3. When Democrats insist that Republicans share in a Democrat screwup

4. When Democrats insist that Republicans get on board a Democrat solution that has a high likelihood of failure

5. When Democrats demand that Republicans just shut up and let Democrats do as they wish

6. When Democrats initially support a Republican policy and then reverse their support for political convenience

Last edited:

Your quite funny..but we do have recorded history to reflect the truth....

Bush presided over a healthy and robust economy from his inauguration in 2001 until the DOW managed a RECORD HIGH in 10/2007...passing the 14000 point mark.....thats the Bush record

THEN...we elected a Democrat Congress with a substantial majority vote in both houses , 2006....Took office in January 2007 and by Oct. 2008, they managed to destroy the economy.....that just happens to be the facts of history....we were fortunate the momentum carried us to 10/07 but then the Dim Congress got organized and their policy or lack of policy started to have effects on the Bush ecomony....
One guy against both houses...and down we went....thats HISTORY, thats FACT and your rant about incompetence is just so much crap.

So what turnabout? Lies??? Cool... destroy your credibility so you can be spiteful. It isn't our fault that you voted for an incompetant who ran the economy into the ground .... TWICE.

I'm still wondering how Obama caused Bush's recession... amusing. Irrational, but amusing.

As for Obama's actions.... since your dude seems to have abdicated responsibility other than passing a lot of disgusting regs before he leaves office to screw the new administration.... then it probably is up to Obama to show people that at least the smart people will take over come January rather than let the economy tank even more because of right wing incompetence.
a

I daytrade futures - I live this stuff every day...

Well, that's nice.

You watch CNBC when you day trade? I talk to some of those guys they put on there.

I invest for an institution that has over $100 billion in assets. Do you know what a synthetic CDO is? Last year, I kiboshed a $1 billion swap trade that payed 30 bps over the Russell 1000 with the underlying being a mezzanine subprime synthetic CDO swap. So yeah, I live this stuff every day and I'm pretty confident that I know of what I speak.

lol, I'm willing to bet most of the Republicans on this forum don't even know that doing away with the downpayment requirement for mortgages was a bill introduced by a Republican at Bush's urging.

Not that that little piece of legislation was the smoking gun of the financial crisis, but still, it makes me laugh.

lol, I'm willing to bet most of the Republicans on this forum don't even know that doing away with the downpayment requirement for mortgages was a bill introduced by a Republican at Bush's urging.

Not that that little piece of legislation was the smoking gun of the financial crisis, but still, it makes me laugh.
there are faults on BOTH side of the political aisles
but you guys want to blame just ONE MAN

DAMN that Bush
did you stub your toe again ravi?

Well, that's nice.

You watch CNBC when you day trade? I talk to some of those guys they put on there.

I invest for an institution that has over $100 billion in assets. Do you know what a synthetic CDO is? Last year, I kiboshed a $1 billion swap trade that payed 30 bps over the Russell 1000 with the underlying being a mezzanine subprime synthetic CDO swap. So yeah, I live this stuff every day and I'm pretty confident that I know of what I speak.
I know what a CDO is, but nope I don't know what a synthetic CDO is (although I'll look it up). Is that the magic formula that washes Democrats free of guilt from originally creating, and then expanding, and then defending the CRA and Freddie and Fannie and their pushing of bad loans from increased congressional oversight?

I love listening to Rush these days. Sounds like he wants the GOP to be in a permanent minority. Face it, his ideology is completely wacked and not suited towards governing. Its a failure. He was calling for purging the party of all moderates and for embracing Sarah Palin :clap2:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

He wants the GOP to simply be an extremist party with a base that has its feet firmly planted in a laissez-Faire fallacy land ideology.

Good luck with that GOP.

Rush Limbo and his many imitators are millstones about the neck of the second biggest party in the United States

Forum List

Back