Remembering an American tradgedy

This was 1911. Things were way different back then.

So if the factory had been unionized the doors wouldn't have been locked is what your saying?? Correct??

Your assuming that working conditions would have been different with a UNion but you can't know for sure that anything would have changed. This was 1911 after all.

It would be nice to think so but who can know for sure??

Yep. That's exactly what I am saying. It was Unions that introduced the safety regulations we now enjoy.

I know for sure this would have not happened had a Union been in place.

You think. You can't know what would have happened in 1915.

We now have both State and Federal laws OSHA Included to protect workers and their rights. Why does anyone still need a Union??

Oh Yeah. I forgot. A Union supports any Democrat running for office. Jeeze. How could I forget that.

And who gets supported by those trying to circumvent safety and environmental regulations?

This was 1911. Things were way different back then.

So if the factory had been unionized the doors wouldn't have been locked is what your saying?? Correct??

Your assuming that working conditions would have been different with a UNion but you can't know for sure that anything would have changed. This was 1911 after all.

It would be nice to think so but who can know for sure??

Yep. That's exactly what I am saying. It was Unions that introduced the safety regulations we now enjoy.

True.
Many things outlive their usefulness however. Unions among them.

Shouldn't it be the workers who decide when unions have outlived their usefulness?

They like to pretend that unions were not what stopped these evil practices.

You know People standing up for their own protection because of the freedoms our constitution provided them.

True.

Shouldn't it be the workers who decide when unions have outlived their usefulness?

Now that's a hell of a good point. This is one of those times I tell myself "I wish I had said that".

True.

At this point in history, the inmates are now running the asylum and with it the Government into the ground as well as any corporation stupid enough to employ them.

It reminds me of a similar American tragedy on a beautiful day in 1995. The Jewish owner of a store called Freddie's Fashion Mart on 125 St in the Bronx NY evicted a Black owned record store at the request of the owners of the building. Left wing social activist Al Sharpton called a mini riot together and fired up (no pun intended) the crowd with anti-semitic chants until a member of the crowd ran into Freddie's Fashion Mart armed with a gun and flammable liquid. He set fire to the store and shot several employees. Eight people were shot to death or died in the fire. Sharpton was not charged.

Forum List

Back