remembering all of you teabaggers

Rick "the seceder" Perry asks for the federal govt's help with the wildfires that have ravaged his state:

To that end, Perry's request to federal authorities -- which he made late Saturday and announced Sunday -- was an attempt to expedite federal assistance.

"I have determined that this incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and the affected local governments, and that supplementary federal assistance is necessary," the governor wrote in his letter to Obama, sent through a Texas-based Federal Emergency Management Agency official.

Official: Texas crews rush to fend off 'perfect storm for wildfires' - CNN.com

They may not like to help other people, but they sure like to recieve help themselves.

you guys are a couple of Morons. Disaster relief is one of the ACTUAL jobs of the Federal Government. True Conservatives have no problem with it.

Rick "the seceder" Perry asks for the federal govt's help with the wildfires that have ravaged his state:

To that end, Perry's request to federal authorities -- which he made late Saturday and announced Sunday -- was an attempt to expedite federal assistance.

"I have determined that this incident is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the state and the affected local governments, and that supplementary federal assistance is necessary," the governor wrote in his letter to Obama, sent through a Texas-based Federal Emergency Management Agency official.

They may not like to help other people, but they sure like to recieve help themselves.

you guys are a couple of Morons. Disaster relief is one of the ACTUAL jobs of the Federal Government. True Conservatives have no problem with it.

Yep. But the States themselves should be prepared to handle it, and ask for Federal help when they become overwhelmed. I have no problem with this at all.

Good. Since you seem to mean it?

WE the people are dog-tired of having charity corerced from us via TAXATION for Government control...

Get it ACE?

How's your Presidential Campaign doing, Tommy? That sounds like a good campaign slogan....

Vote for Tommy! Get it ACE? Vote for Tommy! Bring IT!

I think most people are willing to help other people. Where conservatives get crossways with liberals is that liberals too often want the government to take all the responsibility for helping others while conservatives don't trust the government to pick and chose who is worthy to receive their money.

Conservatives also hate that two thirds to three fourths of the available resources are swallowed up in the bureaucracy of a too big, too bloated, too overreaching government.

Yeah saying people are "worthy" isn't exactly going to win you votes.

I mostly disagree, conservatives have no problem cutting things until it affects them.
See Medicare/medicaid. Cutting things sound wonderful in theory. Buts that's it, it's just theory. People look at it like this. If I can't afford it neither about anyone else.

People are selfish, and people are greedy.

Your two-thirds is fluff. It will never happen nor should it. Everyone wants to go back to the good ole days. Why? Life wasn't as hard because of rose colored glasses.

Hey if you want to go back to the old days fine. But the rich where taxed more and social-neocons didn't exist.

I am not rich or greedy. I simply want to spend my charity where I want to. Government has no business taking my money to spend on ACORN, Planned Parenthood, etc. That is not the role of government. If you want to fund them, by all means.

I mostly disagree, conservatives have no problem cutting things until it affects them. See Medicare/medicaid.

That is why they went parading around the country, protesting government spending, yet still cashing in on their SS check and medicare.

However, teabaggers will say they earned it since they paid into the system. However, everyone else is a lazy ass mooch milking the government.

These people have no shame.

I mostly disagree, conservatives have no problem cutting things until it affects them. See Medicare/medicaid.

That is why they went parading around the country, protesting government spending, yet still cashing in on their SS check and medicare.

However, teabaggers will say they earned it since they paid into the system. However, everyone else is a lazy ass mooch milking the government.

How much did ACORN and Planned Parenthood chip in during their working lives to pay for their funding?

323.png

Lemme guess.....you were never an English Major, right??

303.gif

The hypocrisy doesn't stop there. From the stimulus, to cars for clunkers.. Republican lawmakers love to criticize these programs, yet sure did like them when they benefited their states and businesses..

How can you be against the cookies in the cookie jar, with your hand in the cookie jar?

But.. the hypocrisy with Perry is that he wants to secede from the US, and has repeatedly told the Fed Govt. to leave Texas alone. But he sure likes that govt. assistance when an emergency occurs.. :eusa_whistle:

Yeahh..

medicare.jpg

:lol:.. Oh the irony..

This is your argument?

:lol:

This is your argument?

Why are you laughing at the facts? You probably also think that they tea party is an extension of the Ron Paul movement, instead of a hijacking of it.

EdIT: Sorry, I didn't realize that I was responding to Soggy: One of the most delusional rw kooks on this site.

Last edited:
Several years ago, several dozen families were burned out in wildfires that ravaged North Central Kansas. A call went out for help, a local bank agreed to be a receivership for all cash donations; a local business man offered a near empty warehouse to accept dry goods; a local meat processing plant offered refrigeration and secure storage for all food donations. Donations poured in and dozens of volunteers worked around the clock to organize and get everything out. And every single dime, every single item was distributed to the people who needed it. Housing was available for friends and relatives or beds were made available at the Salvation Army, YMCA, and YWCA. Once the insurance money came in, that took over shelter and living needs for most. The very few who had no insurance were taken care of.

Compare that to the federal government that takes days and weeks to get itself together to do any aid, and that swallows up into the bureaucracy at least two thirds of the resources and seems to have a difficult time identifying who are really victims and who aren't in the distribution process.

Sure we need FEMA for large scale disasters that wipe out all local resources or overwhelm local resources, but for most things the federal government really doesn't have to be involved.
As usual, the partisans present the exception to the rule as evidence of their radical ideology working.

When will you people wake up?

BTW...do you have a link to this story? The name of the family perhaps? I'd like to look this up.

How many times does something like this happen....as far as you know?

WE the people are dog-tired of having charity corerced from us via TAXATION for Government control...

Get it ACE?

How's your Presidential Campaign doing, Tommy? That sounds like a good campaign slogan....

Vote for Tommy! Get it ACE? Vote for Tommy! Bring IT!

CLASSIC!

lol

Several years ago, several dozen families were burned out in wildfires that ravaged North Central Kansas. A call went out for help, a local bank agreed to be a receivership for all cash donations; a local business man offered a near empty warehouse to accept dry goods; a local meat processing plant offered refrigeration and secure storage for all food donations. Donations poured in and dozens of volunteers worked around the clock to organize and get everything out. And every single dime, every single item was distributed to the people who needed it. Housing was available for friends and relatives or beds were made available at the Salvation Army, YMCA, and YWCA. Once the insurance money came in, that took over shelter and living needs for most. The very few who had no insurance were taken care of.

Compare that to the federal government that takes days and weeks to get itself together to do any aid, and that swallows up into the bureaucracy at least two thirds of the resources and seems to have a difficult time identifying who are really victims and who aren't in the distribution process.

Sure we need FEMA for large scale disasters that wipe out all local resources or overwhelm local resources, but for most things the federal government really doesn't have to be involved.
As usual, the partisans present the exception to the rule as evidence of their radical ideology working.

BTW...do you have a link to this story? The name of the family perhaps? I'd like to look this up.

Actiually it happens all the fucking time. At least among white people. I remember the floods in Iowa right after Katrina. I didnt see massive looting and whines for the Fed to do something. I saw communities coming together to help each other.
Why is it inner city blacks are unable to pool resources to help each other in emergencies?

Actiually it happens all the fucking time. At least among white people. I remember the floods in Iowa right after Katrina. I didnt see massive looting and whines for the Fed to do something. I saw communities coming together to help each other.

Why is it inner city blacks are unable to pool resources to help each other in emergencies?
Gee.....for knowing so much, you surely do ask a lot o' questions.

I thought you EIBS-grads were smarter than the average White Trash.

I guess not.​

"You keep going with that attitude and you will not solve the problem. I refuse to pay a lazy worker the same wage as a good worker. You're not getting it and until you get it you're going to be sending jobs across the ocean and there is no one to blame but yourself. "

So a worker should work like a slave for his owner correct? I meant to say a worker should work so very hard for his employer and never ask for a raise correct? Just take the given wage. Only a poor unproductive worker would do this....I mean an overseas worker. I spent 30 plus years of my life working for a company. I gave them all I had. And you know what? THEY STILL OWE ME. Of course, they cant pay cause they are now out of business...THANK GOD! Cheapskates and bad people they were. Talk about a high rate of turnover...and they deserved what they had. You dont pay a living wage i pray for your demise as a business.....Good businesses that pay well with good benefits deserve our praise. The others go overseas and pay their workers nothing because that is exactly what they think of their workers...and too top this all off I now own my own small business but pay my workers very well. I'm not a chickens$%t who sends the job overseas so I can make a larger profit...by means of slave labor. God it feels good to tell the truth.

"You keep going with that attitude and you will not solve the problem. I refuse to pay a lazy worker the same wage as a good worker. You're not getting it and until you get it you're going to be sending jobs across the ocean and there is no one to blame but yourself. "

So a worker should work like a slave for his owner correct? I meant to say a worker should work so very hard for his employer and never ask for a raise correct? Just take the given wage. Only a poor unproductive worker would do this....I mean an overseas worker. I spent 30 plus years of my life working for a company. I gave them all I had. And you know what? THEY STILL OWE ME. Of course, they cant pay cause they are now out of business...THANK GOD! Cheapskates and bad people they were. Talk about a high rate of turnover...and they deserved what they had. You dont pay a living wage i pray for your demise as a business.....Good businesses that pay well with good benefits deserve our praise. The others go overseas and pay their workers nothing because that is exactly what they think of their workers...and too top this all off I now own my own small business but pay my workers very well. I'm not a chickens$%t who sends the job overseas so I can make a larger profit...by means of slave labor. God it feels good to tell the truth.

You didn't answer my point. I'll try again. Why should I pay a lazy worker the same wage as a productive worker? Tell me why.

on Obama's comment on we are all responsible for each other , then theses last storms that came through Mo. , I can see your whining now about Obama might give us government aid ,

I look for no help from you selfish bastards . just complaints

Funny he doesn't hold himself to his own standards.
Brother still living in a hut and aunt still living in the projects.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back