Remember!

LostAmerican

Rookie
Feb 20, 2011
cid_F6E5EE2C56B64425B3883108DB5769A2DFYC4111.jpg

• Banned
The Texas Rebellion had nothing to do with the US. The Alamo is a very inspiring battle but it had nothing to with protecting America.

Americans went to Texas on the promise that they would be left alone to settle the country, fight the Indians that Mexicans were being plagued by, and have representantion in the Mexican government. Several years pass and the Mexicans take back ever promise they made and put a halt to the immigration of Texas. This spurred the Americans living in Texas to rebel. Also, most historian agree that America would have had a very different future if those Americans did not die at the Alamo.

Therefore those Americans at the Alamo did die for the future America.

• Banned
What did the Alamo have to do with America being free?

One could, if they wanted to ignore all the Mexicans supporting Texas independence , argue that in fact, the Alamo was Americans fomenting rebellion in Mexico.

Much like today, Mexico made promises to the Americans who were settling Texas and a few years later, take back everything they promised and expected Americans to wear sombreros, cook tamales, and be humble little peons.

[
It certainly was their nativity, but to settle in Tejas one had to accept Mexican citizenship and convert to the Catholic church.

I watched a lot of documentaries on the Alamo and never heard about people having to convert to the Catholic Church. Being Catholic myself, I know Mexicans in the US sure avoid it. Why the Catholic Church defends those hypocrites is beyond me.

[
It certainly was their nativity, but to settle in Tejas one had to accept Mexican citizenship and convert to the Catholic church.

I watched a lot of documentaries on the Alamo and never heard about people having to convert to the Catholic Church. Being Catholic myself, I know Mexicans in the US sure avoid it. Why the Catholic Church defends those hypocrites is beyond me.

It had very little to do with the Alamo fight. They were required for all settlers under the empresario program. Sam Houston was baptised a Catholic in East Texas soon after arriving in Texas.

[

It had very little to do with the Alamo fight. They were required for all settlers under the empresario program. Sam Houston was baptised a Catholic in East Texas soon after arriving in Texas.

Interesting. I heard a lot of indians who were considered to be converted to Catholism later confessed that they just humored the priests by showing up but still believed in their traditional gods.

Forum List

Back