P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
It wasn’t that long ago that progressives were losing their shit all over USMB because of a government “shut down”. They were literally accusing Republicans of being “terrorists”. And they were screaming at what an outrage it was that the minority could hold the country “hostage”. They claimed that the American people voted in the majority and that the Republicans should yield to the majority as it represented the “will” of the American people.

And yet here we sit today with the Dumbocrats having shut down the federal government. It seems they are not respecting the will of the American people by yielding to the majority. The hypocrisy of the left is as repulsive as it is absurd.

Personally, I’m every bit as giddy over this shut down as I was over the one under Barack Insane Obama (ok - maybe not every bit since Obama was spending like a drunken sailor with the intent of collapsing the U.S.). But that’s the difference between the right and the left. The right is rational and consistent with their view across the spectrum. The left? Not so much.

The Democrats didn't shut down the government. Your orange clown did.

It wasn’t that long ago that progressives were losing their shit all over USMB because of a government “shut down”. They were literally accusing Republicans of being “terrorists”. And they were screaming at what an outrage it was that the minority could hold the country “hostage”. They claimed that the American people voted in the majority and that the Republicans should yield to the majority as it represented the “will” of the American people.

And yet here we sit today with the Dumbocrats having shut down the federal government. It seems they are not respecting the will of the American people by yielding to the majority. The hypocrisy of the left is as repulsive as it is absurd.

Personally, I’m every bit as giddy over this shut down as I was over the one under Barack Insane Obama (ok - maybe not every bit since Obama was spending like a drunken sailor with the intent of collapsing the U.S.). But that’s the difference between the right and the left. The right is rational and consistent with their view across the spectrum. The left? Not so much.
I happy for the shutdown as well. It clearly reinforces the fact that there is a real divide in this country, and it needs to be brought to a head. The slow festering has to end...

Pepperidge Farms remembers

The Democrats didn't shut down the government. Your orange clown did.

Let's see......... our government is supposed to create laws. We vote for people to do that. So we have majorities and minorities in various sectors of the government.

The majority is creating the laws and the minorities are trying to stop the majority from doing so. It's the Democrats that are stopping the process, therefore it's the Democrats that shut the government down.

The orange clown is shutting down the government? How, by not letting the minority control our government over the majority?

It’s so unbelievable that only the most stupid among society supports the lying, hypocritical left...
In the midst of the government shutdown in 2013, Schumer said on CNN’s “The Lead”: “I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say, ‘I’m going to shut the government down, I am going to not pay our bills unless I get my way?’ It’s a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis.”
Well Chuck...that’s exactly what you just did. And apparently you were too stupid to realize what you said in 2013.

Dems’ words about the 2013 government shutdown come back to haunt them — and prove their hypocrisy

Forum List

Back