Remember When The Neo-Cons Were Ignorining & Lying About The State of The Economy?

Dude...the economny started to tank almost IMMEDIATELY after Herr Bush took office.

If it wasn't for 9.11 his presidency would have crumbled over concerns about the abysmal economy. He certainly would not have survived to see a 2nd term.

I remember well, I graduated from college in 99, all my college years and even high school years, under Clinton, everyone everywhere was happy about how the economy was running under Clinton.

Soon after Bush took over, everyone and I mean EVERYONE started moaning about how the economy was starting to tank.

I can remember well how the economy steadily went down, down and down each year Bush was in office. It had a slight rise around 03 - 05 then it started to decline again...rapidly by late 06. I witnessed it personally.

Try again neo-cons with your BS about the democratic congress.

Hey, moron, go back and check out the quarterly GDP reports, unemployment rates, interest rates, etc., and then get back to us.

Just because Kerry and other Dimocrats leading up to the '04 election were complaining about the worst economy in 50 years didn't make it so. They were just preaching to their choir and the pliant media idiots.
Damn...looks like we lost ANOTHER one!

head_in_sand.jpg

The real point of the thread was FURTHER proof that the talking heads, pundits and other RWers and neo-cons only do and say things that promote the GOP...even if it means to deny facts and/or outright lie and create new ones.

Capice Dr. House fanatic?

We didn't seem to have any media the last 8 years that would call the GOP out on all their lies. Maybe we had Keith Olberman, but what can one man do?

The rest of the media just reported the right's position and ignored the left's position when we were in the minority.

They didn't discuss what the right said, so we couldn't call them out for aiding the GOP in their lies. They just reported what was said.

They just let the GOP say nonsense and left it up to the viewers to figure out what was fact and what was fiction.

Thank God for the Daily Show and MSNBC.
The MSM's problem is they are AFRAID of the right and their nutjobs. The Right's constant false cries, moaning, wailing and screeching about the "biased librul MSM" has them doing double-time to bend-over backwards to PROVE that they are not. So much so they are no longer doing what the news media is supposed to do...which is REPORT news and break news stories...regardless of who or what it is or affects.

So all they do is parrot FOXNews and RW radio's false stories and say things that legimize them like "some Americans think/believe..." for every news story instead of telling it like it is.

It allowed BushCo to run roughshod over this nation causing havoc and turmoil here and abroad unchallenged. They still have not learned. Hence you will not see one tear shed by me when their asses go bellyup. In fact I long for the day when the internet and new-media topples the ancient and useless MSM. It will happen soon enough.

Thank God for shows like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, The Rachel Maddow Show and Air America. Of course NPR and PRI as well, where we can get a more fuller and acurate picture of whats really going on around us. I forgot BBC and PBS as well.

But what sucks is that even though more and more of us are informed, the media has the power to squash a story from picking up steam by not reporting on it. For example, the net helped expose Iraq for being a bullshit war. But what did any of us do? Nothing. Iranians have more balls than we do.

Look how the media kept Monica front page? But when billions went missing in Iraq, they only reported on it for a day. They have the power to make a serious issue seem unimportant. We may all have wanted Bush impeached, but the media never talked about impeachment.

The public doesn't know that the neo cons bought up all the major media's and now they decide what is discussed. And they may even report some liberal stories to appear liberal, but they won't really tell us the whole truth. The truth is sensored. Even MSNBC will only go so far. I wish they would hire Randi Rhodes. She tells it like it is.

I should check out that Jesse Ventura Conspiracy theory show. I wonder if he does political issues. Like, does he explain exactly what went down in Florida 2000?

Now that the Dems are in charge, the media owners gave us MSNBC. They don't want the dems to try and regulate it so they backed off. Same reason gas went down from $4 a gallon. The Dems wouldn't put up with the oil companies gouging us. Clearly the GOP did because their voters are dumb and don't complain. Instead they tried to have us give the oil companies more of our land.

From 2000-2006, it was literally Keith Olbermann vs the rest of the media. And the righties kept trying to say guys like Glen Beck and Lou Dobbs were liberal.

Thats their strategy. Call everything that isn't extreme right LIBERAL.

I watch factual documentaries on channels like PBS and righties call those documentaries left wing bullshit. But its exactly what happened!! The last time I remember this was PBS's documentary on the war on terror. It was all FACTUAL, yet righties didn't want to discuss because it was on PBS. And the facts prove they are/were and have always been wrong.

Or I was watching a documentary on the guy who was the Carl Rove for Reagan. Can't think of his name right now. He died of a brain tumor. Anyways, the documentary explained exactly how Reagan won the election. Dirty politics. Carter wasn't that unpopular. But the iran hostage thing cost him re election. The point is, the righties have re wrote history and painted Carter to be one of the worse presidents ever, when in fact he wasn't that bad. And one reason he wasn't that good is because he didn't sell out the American people to the corporations. So they got him out of office.

Anyways, yes, thank God for MSNBC, even though righties can just say "big deal, msnbc is liberal".

If the main news networks don't report on it too, the stories just go away.

Thank God for the Internet too. We decide what is major news and then they have to report on it, or they appear to not be credible.

For 200 years the US had trade rules, tariffs, taxes on imports to help protect the American workers. Why all of the sudden did we do away with these regulations? Maybe some of those regulations were bad, but not all of them.

Its a global economy? Bullshit. Every other country protects its economy/workers. The only reason the GOP/Corporations fucked the middle class is because American workers make too much and they don't care about protecting the strong American middle class. They'd be better off if we were all broke.

My brother deals with manufacturing plants in other countries. They give bonus', they have unions too, their workers want raises.

Basically what I'm saying is that its starting to not be that profitable to manufacture outside the US and ship it all back. So hopefully jobs will gradually come home.

PS. You GOP'ers. When we realize the banks were only profitable because of the government bailout and our economy tanks in the next year, are you going to join us in bringing jobs back home? What besides more tax breaks to the rich do you guys think we should do? Chances are, we are doing everything else, but unless we give the rich more tax breaks, you'll fight us every step of the way.

I love how the left decides it was the right who was responsible for this.

Dem congress folks.

I love how the left decides it was the right who was responsible for this.

Dem congress folks.

What specific bills did the Dems pass and why didn't Bush veto them?

It was bills passed between 2000-2006 that caused this mess. Go back and educate yourself on the real story, not rushy spin. Fanny Mae? Don't you feel foolish suggesting it was Fanny that took down the economy? The GOP can sell you anything, no matter how wrong or idiotic their story is, you swallow it.

And wasn't it Bush who told us to give the bankers the trillions or else a catastrophy would happen? A couple months before, he and McCain said the economy was strong. So is he that dumb/wrong? Or did he not see it coming? Sort of like 9-11?

You don't believe him? We told you he was a liar.

Toro, could it be you that grossly OVERESTIMATES the American people?

Bill Maher was correct in his assertation that the American public is dumb...just look at how they spend their time, look at their entertainment...look at what news media is the most popular.

It all leads to dumb and dumber.

Heck, just look at how they full the malls up...DURING a recession. *nods to uscitizen*

Sorry to have to break it to ya Toro, but it is what it is.

The American public is not dumb. Americans aren't perfect but dumb people do not create the richest, most powerful, most dynamic country the planet has ever seen.

Maybe the FOUNDERS weren't so dumb Toro, but the CURRENT crop of Americans have been THOROUGHLY dumbed-down over the decades. It prolly started in the 50s with the into of da teevee, and it really took full-swing by the 80s...the decade of excess.

Don't get it twisted.

Maybe the FOUNDERS weren't so dumb Toro, but the CURRENT crop of Americans have been THOROUGHLY dumbed-down over the decades. It prolly started in the 50s with the into of da teevee, and it really took full-swing by the 80s...the decade of excess.

Don't get it twisted.

Since 1950, real GDP has increased 6000%. America stared down communist expansion and stands alone as the world's only Superpower. We have sent people to the moon. We lead the world in patents filed. We are the center of global finance, commerce and innovation. American movies and TV shows are shown in every corner of the planet.

Americans aren't dumb.

o, could it be you that grossly OVERESTIMATES the American people?

Bill Maher was correct in his assertation that the American public is dumb...just look at how they spend their time, look at their entertainment...look at what news media is the most popular.

Heck, just look at how they full the malls up...DURING a recession. *nods to uscitizen*

Look at how they continuously argue about right & left eternally, while ignoring the real issues and accomplishing anything.

Fixed.

Don't get it twisted.

Since 1950, real GDP has increased 6000%. America stared down communist expansion and stands alone as the world's only Superpower. We have sent people to the moon. We lead the world in patents filed. We are the center of global finance, commerce and innovation. American movies and TV shows are shown in every corner of the planet.

Americans aren't dumb.

You mean those commies in Nam? The ones That Bush went to hobnob with?

Had Kerry done that we would never have heard the end of the Fox outrage from the right.

Yep we have been well programmed for the benefit of others.

Last edited:

Had Kerry done that we would never have heard the end of the Fox outrage from the right.

Communism has fallen all across the planet, including in Vietnam. Whether or not Bush or Kerry did this or that does not change the fact that America is the richest, most powerful nation the planet has ever seen.

That doesn't happen because Americans are dumb.

Toro, you can believe that if you will, but I don't or won't. Like I said, you are seriously OVERESTIMATING the American Gen Pop.

*peace sign*

I hear people disappointed with the Democrats say, "I just won't vote next time".

That is the second best thing you can do for the GOP. When turn out is high, the GOP NEVER win.

They stole 2000 and 2004. And turn out wasn't that high those elections because no one loved Gore or Kerry.

But look at Gore now. Emmy, Oscar, Golden Globe, Pulitzer and a Nobel Piece Prize?

o, could it be you that grossly OVERESTIMATES the American people?

Look at how they continuously argue about right & left eternally, while ignoring the real issues and accomplishing anything.

Fixed.

Yeah....you are pretty dumb.:cool:

Communism has fallen all across the planet, including in Vietnam. Whether or not Bush or Kerry did this or that does not change the fact that America is the richest, most powerful nation the planet has ever seen.

That doesn't happen because Americans are dumb.

Don't waste your time dude.

These guys think they're smarter then everyone else and they're more compassionate and more understanding then anyone else. They think the American voter is just a bunch of mouth-breathers that love to watch Wheel and don't keep up on current events.

And when it comes to Democrat voters....they just might be right.

Forum List

Back