Remember when the left mocked us for saying gas would hit 5 bucks by election day?

Crow is being served.

Five dollar gas is back

Thanks tree huggers....

I mock you. I mock you for saying things like, "Remember when the left mocked us for....." and then you make up some shit out your tiny mind. I mock you for being delusional. I mock you for being wrong about, oh, everything. But for "gas"? Why bother? Gas prices are volatile.

i bet dollars to pesos you blamed bush for high gas prices

16x9
abc_gma_boudreau_121005_wn.jpg

bp.jpg
0.jpg

199937_10151095377766028_273286059_n.jpg
20121004__BW_DN05-GAS-05+PC72NRK.JPG

Gas.jpg

Crow is being served.

Five dollar gas is back

Thanks tree huggers....

I mock you. I mock you for saying things like, "Remember when the left mocked us for....." and then you make up some shit out your tiny mind. I mock you for being delusional. I mock you for being wrong about, oh, everything. But for "gas"? Why bother? Gas prices are volatile.

I never even mentioned it even once. Gas prices are volatile.

Since you are a well known lying hack I don't believe you.

really?

Bush and the Republicans deregulation led to the speculation that keeps the oil prices high. Republicans know so little about their leaders. How unfortunate.

care to walk back your statement?

On your side:

1) The technical, economic definition of a recession is generally 2 out of three quarters of negative growth.

Against you:

1) Zero nominal growth is negative real growth, so individuals are still clearly in a recession even if the whole economy technically isn't.

2) We plummeted a long way down and stayed at the bottom. If you tumble a hundred yards down a ravine, then walked 5 yards back up the other side, you'd still think of yourself as "in" the ravine, wouldn't you?

3) You need to get out more.

I said recently based on my businesses that September wasn't good. Your liberal buds mocked me how well the economy is coming along. Well, coming out now is that September numbers are bad. If you spent more time on the street living your life instead of in your liberal fantasy world, you'd be more aware of what's going on around you.

I believe what I see, you see what you believe.

You're an idiot. The bottom was losing about 6 to 800,000 jobs a month with GDP growth at -6%.

Are we there NOW?

Gaining 100K jobs a month when 400K are required to just absorb incoming workers and maintaining the unemployment rate? The only reason it's going down is people who are just giving up. And he's sustaining virtually zero economic growth and threatening not to renew the Bush tax cuts which even liberal economists predict will push us back into actual negative growth.

And you didn't understand my point on real versus nominal growth, did you? If there are 100 families in your town, and they average $50,000 a year in economic activity, then the size of the economy in your town is $5 Million.

If 10 more families move in, but the average economic activity per family drops to $48,000 a year then, the size of the economy in your town grows to roughly $5.3 million. The total economy grows, but the average family is poorer.

This is the new Obama economy, growth is so slow that even though it's technically going up, which was my point on the nominal size of the economy, it is not keeping pace with the per capita growth, which was my point on real growth.

You combine that with my ravine example, and you get to my point #3. Get out more, you'll get what I'm talking about.

You made this claim:

"I like how you blame Bush for a recession that started 6 months before he took office..."

The unemployment rate for the last 6 months of 2000:

4.0, 4.1, 3.9, 3.9, 3.9, and 3.9

That's what you're calling the first 6 months of the 2001 recession.

really?

Bush and the Republicans deregulation led to the speculation that keeps the oil prices high. Republicans know so little about their leaders. How unfortunate.

I suspect he will be gone for awhile now. The hack has no character

really?

I suspect he will be gone for awhile now. The hack has no character

he won't admit he was wrong and that he did in fact blame bush?

What was the cost per barrel when Obama came in as compared to now?

It was something like a $1.84 a gallon when Obama took office promising us Hopelessness and Changeless

What about he grocery hikes, yikes food is sky rocketing! Time for everyone to go on a diet whether they want to or not.

Last edited:
Crow is being served.

Five dollar gas is back

Thanks tree huggers....

They mocked us and now it's a reality. Just like they mocked us on other things and all they could do was deny, deny, deny until it became undeniable, then they said either it wasn't Obama's fault or that there is nothing wrong with it. Like the warnings about health care that they denied and now those same things are right there for all to read.

As far as the high gas prices in California and the shortages, it reeks of government interference. They have so many taxes and so many restrictions on what type of gas can be used that even though people could have their tanks filled, there is no gas (of the right grade) that they can buy. They could loosen the rules, but whoever set them (the Al Gore types) won't budge.

I also think it's designed to encourage people to do away with their cars and start relying on the monorail. How long before Californians are forced to live in communes? So many tax payers have left the state because the load was getting heavy. People just aren't thrilled about IOUs instead of real checks to get some of their tax money back.

It's no lie. There was no fiscal reason gto oppose many of the same idea the GOP had. The only reason they opposed them was because of who it came from.

"David Obey, then chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, met with his GOP counterpart, Jerry Lewis, to explain what Democrats had in mind for the stimulus and ask what Republicans wanted to include. “Jerry’s response was, ‘I’m sorry, but leadership tells us we can’t play,’ ” Obey told me. “Exact quote: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.”

The New New Deal: Why the GOP Became the Party of No | Swampland | TIME.com

You repeat the lie, then quote somebody. I asked you a specific question, name what Obama proposed that a fiscal conservative would support if it hadn't come from a liberal. Cut the word games.

JoeTheBigot made the same claim and then when I asked the same question came up with Socialized Medicine. A fiscal conservative would support Socialized Medicine, there's a reason he's a bigot, he's a dumb ass. You made the same claim, so back it up.

It dosen't matter. No matter what was proposed the GOP was going to say no. Even if it was a former GOP proposal the order of the day was obstruct. And that's where we are.

You made a specific claim, you said ... if it hadn't come from Obama, we would have supported it. And you indicated it was a whole range of things.

Yet you can't come up with a single example, not one. You are full of it, I'll let you go hide now. The point is made.

You're denying that the Iraq war put a premium on oil prices. You're an idiot.

I didn't deny that, you didn't follow my point. Calling me an idiot while proving your one is a dubious strategy...

Okay. So you agree that Bush starting an unnecessary war put a premium on oil prices. Thus it is valid to assume that gas prices were also pushed up by the war,

therefore it is valid to blame Bush for increasing gas prices unnecessarily during his time in office.

That wasn't the point I made, that was the point you wanted to argue.

The unemployment rate for the last 6 months of 2000:

4.0, 4.1, 3.9, 3.9, 3.9, and 3.9

That's what you're calling the first 6 months of the 2001 recession.

I've never seen recessions defined in terms of unemployment rates, can you show me a link for whatever you're talking about?

Remember when the left mocked us for saying gas would hit 5 bucks by election day?

Nope. I don't remember. We've mocked you so many times, it would be impossible for us to recall every single case.

But, since you're here now, we can mock you for your economic ignorance, the way you think that the President controls gasoline prices. That's rarely the case, the notable exception being when your messiah Bush insisted on buying to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve even when oil prices were already high. His oil industry buds appreciated that, of course.

Now tomorrow, you'll all probably give us fresh new reasons to mock you. It's the way of the universe. Don't fight it, just accept that it's the reason why you were put on earth.

demotivational-poster-mistakes.jpg

Last edited:

Nope. I don't remember. We've mocked you so many times, it would be impossible for us to recall every single case.

But, since you're here now, we can mock you for your economic ignorance, the way you think that the President controls gasoline prices. That's rarely the case, the notable exception being when your messiah Bush insisted on buying to fill the Strategic Petroleum Reserve even when oil prices were already high. His oil industry buds appreciated that, of course.

Now tomorrow, you'll all probably give us fresh new reasons to mock you. It's the way of the universe. Don't fight it, just accept that it's the reason why you were put on earth.

demotivational-poster-mistakes.jpg

So many ways to mock grandpa... Soooo little time!

Forum List

Back