Remember when the left mocked us for saying gas would hit 5 bucks by election day?

The only blip was during the Bush recession

Which recession the Democrats always talk about are you referring to? The second one that did start under W or the first one that started under Clinton?

Here's the thing with the second one though, usually they last about 18 months. Obama managed to take the Bush recession and drag it out into 4 years now and no end in site. I like how you blame Bush for a recession that started 6 months before he took office, but you don't blame Obama for a recession 4 years into his Presidency.

Maybe if I were blind like you I'd do that too, but I'm not...

The latest recession ended in July of 2009.

On your side:

1) The technical, economic definition of a recession is generally 2 out of three quarters of negative growth.

Against you:

1) Zero nominal growth is negative real growth, so individuals are still clearly in a recession even if the whole economy technically isn't.

2) We plummeted a long way down and stayed at the bottom. If you tumble a hundred yards down a ravine, then walked 5 yards back up the other side, you'd still think of yourself as "in" the ravine, wouldn't you?

3) You need to get out more.

I said recently based on my businesses that September wasn't good. Your liberal buds mocked me how well the economy is coming along. Well, coming out now is that September numbers are bad. If you spent more time on the street living your life instead of in your liberal fantasy world, you'd be more aware of what's going on around you.

I believe what I see, you see what you believe.

Which recession the Democrats always talk about are you referring to? The second one that did start under W or the first one that started under Clinton?

Here's the thing with the second one though, usually they last about 18 months. Obama managed to take the Bush recession and drag it out into 4 years now and no end in site. I like how you blame Bush for a recession that started 6 months before he took office, but you don't blame Obama for a recession 4 years into his Presidency.

Maybe if I were blind like you I'd do that too, but I'm not...

On your side:

1) The technical, economic definition of a recession is generally 2 out of three quarters of negative growth.

Against you:

1) Zero nominal growth is negative real growth, so individuals are still clearly in a recession even if the whole economy technically isn't.

2) We plummeted a long way down and stayed at the bottom. If you tumble a hundred yards down a ravine, then walked 5 yards back up the other side, you'd still think of yourself as "in" the ravine, wouldn't you?

I said recently based on my businesses that September wasn't good. Your liberal buds mocked me how well the economy is coming along. Well, coming out now is that September numbers are bad. If you spent more time on the street living your life instead of in your liberal fantasy world, you'd be more aware of what's going on around you.

You're an idiot. The bottom was losing about 6 to 800,000 jobs a month with GDP growth at -6%.

Are we there NOW?

First of all, you know NOTHING about the energy industry. And second, I'm against the wars in the middle east, but your wanting Hussein in power who murdered and terrorized his own people, used WMD's on multiple occasions whether or not they were found and started two wars in order to maintain gas prices is just sick.

You want the regimes in North Korea and Iran in power?

You really can't follow a conversation can you. You can't even follow your own points.

You're denying that the Iraq war put a premium on oil prices. You're an idiot.

Gas is nowhere near $5 a gallon. The Kalifornia situation has nothing to do with anything but it's own stupidity.

From the OP's own link:

A power outage at a Southern California refinery supposedly created wholesale shortages and a price surge.

In the idiot world of Conservatopia, that's Obama's fault.

There was a fire that severely damaged one of the largest California refineries, and there were a bunch of refineries shut down in Cali.

There's really no question as to why this is happening. The only question is whether it's intentional or not, and I'm pretty convinced that it is.

On your side:

Against you:

You're an idiot. The bottom was losing about 6 to 800,000 jobs a month with GDP growth at -6%.

Are we there NOW?

Gaining 100K jobs a month when 400K are required to just absorb incoming workers and maintaining the unemployment rate? The only reason it's going down is people who are just giving up. And he's sustaining virtually zero economic growth and threatening not to renew the Bush tax cuts which even liberal economists predict will push us back into actual negative growth.

And you didn't understand my point on real versus nominal growth, did you? If there are 100 families in your town, and they average $50,000 a year in economic activity, then the size of the economy in your town is $5 Million.

If 10 more families move in, but the average economic activity per family drops to $48,000 a year then, the size of the economy in your town grows to roughly $5.3 million. The total economy grows, but the average family is poorer.

This is the new Obama economy, growth is so slow that even though it's technically going up, which was my point on the nominal size of the economy, it is not keeping pace with the per capita growth, which was my point on real growth.

You combine that with my ravine example, and you get to my point #3. Get out more, you'll get what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Canada has more supply and higher prices.
Oil production is also up in the US, with demand down. You would do better suggesting US oil not be exported or sold on the world market, then suggesting we drill more.
And if you consider inflation isn't the price of gas at a pretty normal rate?

Canada has more oil, Not more Gas moron. You lack basic Understanding of the Issues. Canada has very limited Refinery Capability, Plus high taxes on Production and the end Products.

Epic fucking fail.

You left wingers are just so simple minded and idealist. It's really very silly.

I never said they have more Gas.
And what would be the point of us drilling more Oil if we don't have more refineries?

We have been calling for more Refineries in the US all along but that is besides the point.

You countered my Point of going after more of our own Supply by saying Canada pays more for Gas. So you were betraying that you do not understand how it works and why prices are the way they are both here and there. Any Attempt to compare the Price of end product compared to the supply of oil in a country must include talking about the Refinery Capability of said country, and the Taxes and Regulations on the Market as well, or you are just spewing figures that mean nothing because they are out of context.

So I guess my question is why are you even engaging in a debate you know so little about?

Gas is nowhere near $5 a gallon. The Kalifornia situation has nothing to do with anything but it's own stupidity.

From the OP's own link:

A power outage at a Southern California refinery supposedly created wholesale shortages and a price surge.

In the idiot world of Conservatopia, that's Obama's fault.
Do you see Obama's name in the op?

Negged

As far as the slow pace of the recovery, look to the obstructionist who put party over country. Nothing was more important that making Obama a one term president, nothing

Party over country? Back that up with what any fiscal conservative (Republican or libertarian like me) would have supported but for the liberal in the white house. I'm not even a Republican and I oppose everything he proposed, so party over country is ridiculous. Everything he has supported is completely contradictory to both the field of economics and the freedom that we support.

Liberals constantly blindly repeat this lie. Well, I'm calling you out, back it up. What do I not support because I want Obama's disastrous Presidency to end in three months.

It's no lie. There was no fiscal reason gto oppose many of the same idea the GOP had. The only reason they opposed them was because of who it came from.

"David Obey, then chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, met with his GOP counterpart, Jerry Lewis, to explain what Democrats had in mind for the stimulus and ask what Republicans wanted to include. “Jerry’s response was, ‘I’m sorry, but leadership tells us we can’t play,’ ” Obey told me. “Exact quote: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.”

The New New Deal: Why the GOP Became the Party of No | Swampland | TIME.com

As far as the slow pace of the recovery, look to the obstructionist who put party over country. Nothing was more important that making Obama a one term president, nothing

Party over country? Back that up with what any fiscal conservative (Republican or libertarian like me) would have supported but for the liberal in the white house. I'm not even a Republican and I oppose everything he proposed, so party over country is ridiculous. Everything he has supported is completely contradictory to both the field of economics and the freedom that we support.

Liberals constantly blindly repeat this lie. Well, I'm calling you out, back it up. What do I not support because I want Obama's disastrous Presidency to end in three months.

It's no lie. There was no fiscal reason gto oppose many of the same idea the GOP had. The only reason they opposed them was because of who it came from.

"David Obey, then chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, met with his GOP counterpart, Jerry Lewis, to explain what Democrats had in mind for the stimulus and ask what Republicans wanted to include. “Jerry’s response was, ‘I’m sorry, but leadership tells us we can’t play,’ ” Obey told me. “Exact quote: ‘We can’t play.’ What they said right from the get-go was, It doesn’t matter what the hell you do, we ain’t going to help you. We’re going to stand on the sidelines and bitch.”

You repeat the lie, then quote somebody. I asked you a specific question, name what Obama proposed that a fiscal conservative would support if it hadn't come from a liberal. Cut the word games.

JoeTheBigot made the same claim and then when I asked the same question came up with Socialized Medicine. A fiscal conservative would support Socialized Medicine, there's a reason he's a bigot, he's a dumb ass. You made the same claim, so back it up.

Last edited:
Do me a favor, look up the 11 countries that have lower gas prices than we do.

I don't work for you. I live here. So sell those gas prices to the working poor and unemployed whydonchya? And remind them of what they were when bozo came into office.

They were higher here the summer before he was elected than they are now. Your point?

what were they when bozo came into office.. didn't you hear Bill O'Reilly? BUSH IS GONE! WISE UP

You repeat the lie, then quote somebody. I asked you a specific question, name what Obama proposed that a fiscal conservative would support if it hadn't come from a liberal. Cut the word games.

JoeTheBigot made the same claim and then when I asked the same question came up with Socialized Medicine. A fiscal conservative would support Socialized Medicine, there's a reason he's a bigot, he's a dumb ass. You made the same claim, so back it up.

It dosen't matter. No matter what was proposed the GOP was going to say no. Even if it was a former GOP proposal the order of the day was obstruct. And that's where we are.

Remember when the left mocked us for saying gas would hit 5 bucks by election day?

No.

next...

You really can't follow a conversation can you. You can't even follow your own points.

You're denying that the Iraq war put a premium on oil prices. You're an idiot.

I didn't deny that, you didn't follow my point. Calling me an idiot while proving your one is a dubious strategy...

Okay. So you agree that Bush starting an unnecessary war put a premium on oil prices. Thus it is valid to assume that gas prices were also pushed up by the war,

therefore it is valid to blame Bush for increasing gas prices unnecessarily during his time in office.

On your side:

Against you:

Are we there NOW?

Gaining 100K jobs a month when 400K are required to just absorb incoming workers and maintaining the unemployment rate? The only reason it's going down is people who are just giving up. And he's sustaining virtually zero economic growth and threatening not to renew the Bush tax cuts which even liberal economists predict will push us back into actual negative growth.

And you didn't understand my point on real versus nominal growth, did you? If there are 100 families in your town, and they average $50,000 a year in economic activity, then the size of the economy in your town is $5 Million.

If 10 more families move in, but the average economic activity per family drops to $48,000 a year then, the size of the economy in your town grows to roughly $5.3 million. The total economy grows, but the average family is poorer.

This is the new Obama economy, growth is so slow that even though it's technically going up, which was my point on the nominal size of the economy, it is not keeping pace with the per capita growth, which was my point on real growth.

You combine that with my ravine example, and you get to my point #3. Get out more, you'll get what I'm talking about.

I know what a recession is, you don't apparently. That was the end of that portion of the conversation.

Another specious argument that doesn't account for the Bush economic colaspe of 2008.

#Date Gallons $ $/gallon
08/29/2008 2.132 7.97 3.7390
09/10/2008 8.681 32.46 3.7390
09/29/2008 12.504 48.75 3.8990
10/19/2008 13.434 47.01 3.4990
11/04/2008 13.872 31.06 2.2390
11/24/2008 13.954 26.22 1.8790
12/16/2008 13.593 23.77 1.7490
12/19/2008 10.630 21.25 1.9990
12/24/2008 4.336 7.58 1.7490
12/29/2008 13.380 21.26 1.5890
01/22/2009 13.809 25.39 1.8390
02/11/2009 13.731 27.31 1.9890
03/01/2009 13.540 26.93 1.9890
03/16/2009 13.542 26.94 1.9890
03/24/2009 9.901 20.68 2.0890
04/05/2009 13.485 29.52 2.1890
04/07/2009 2.532 5.54 2.1890
04/13/2009 13.605 32.64 2.3990
04/16/2009 13.954 30.55 2.1890
05/04/2009 13.270 29.05 2.1890
05/18/2009 13.542 32.49 2.3990
05/30/2009 13.529 34.89 2.5790
06/14/2009 13.623 36.36 2.6690
06/21/2009 10.523 28.40 2.6990
07/02/2009 14.146 38.18 2.6990
07/17/2009 14.009 36.41 2.5990
07/24/2009 11.641 29.79 2.5590
08/02/2009 13.046 34.43 2.6390
08/12/2009 9.516 25.49 2.6790
08/15/2009 12.635 37.89 2.9990

http://www.randomuseless.info/gasprice/gasprice.txt

looks like that as soon as obama came into office....gas prices started rising

but obama gets a pass while bush got the blame

:eusa_shhh:

Bush started an unnecessary war in the ME that put a premium on oil prices. His cronies in the oil business made a lot of money off that.

Only the worst recession since the Great Depression was able to drive prices down.

lmao...that is some spin. the war in the ME did virtually nothing to gas prices and were not responsible for the spike in the summer. the recession had little to do with gas prices going as low as that did. if that were true...why did they immediately rise when obama took office?

according to dems, in the summer of 2008 we were already in a depression, yet gas prices were high. you can't have both ways.

Crow is being served.

Five dollar gas is back

Thanks tree huggers....

I mock you. I mock you for saying things like, "Remember when the left mocked us for....." and then you make up some shit out your tiny mind. I mock you for being delusional. I mock you for being wrong about, oh, everything. But for "gas"? Why bother? Gas prices are volatile.

Forum List

Back