Remember when the left mocked us for saying gas would hit 5 bucks by election day?

Average price of gas was $1.89 on Jan 26 2009.

When have we seen gas prices like that under this administration? With a President who pushes government investment into a Chevy Volt, regulations that attempts to eliminate further coal production, and throwing money at financial unstable companies that support green energy, WILL we ever find gas prices like that again?

Average gas prices--January 26, 2009
Gas was about 4.50 here the summer before Obama was elected, you know when Bush was president.

And that lasted how long? A few months. We're onto years of high prices now.

Sure seems to thrive on bad news, even if it affects them. Oh, and don't forget to bring the chevy volt into the discussion. It obviously brings up prices at the pump.

Sure seems to thrive on bad news, even if it affects them. Oh, and don't forget to bring the chevy volt into the discussion. It obviously brings up prices at the pump.

Without publicly screaming about it idiots like you and the press would ignore it. Thus nothing would change. Fuck that, give me a loud horn

Maroonie!

California prices continue to go up, while prices in the rest of the country to head downward.

AAA tells Burden that the higher prices are a result of refinery power outages, a fire in Northern California, and low fuel inventory as stations switch from summer to winter blends.

In Houston I paid 3.44 per gal for reg. Down from 3.54 just last week.

Next!

Are Those High Gas Prices Ever Going To Come Down? « CBS Los Angeles

As refineries close around the country, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the nation starts suffering the way California is because of government policies.

Jerry Brown took action which was to order the AQMD to waive the start date for the winter blend and order the EPA to approve the permit so the Exxon refinery could reopen in Torrance. As the EPA starts closing refineries around the country you can see these shortages spreading every place.

Wildfires caused the power outages that shut down the refineries in N. California. Our refining capacity has increased even thought the number of refineries has declined. Look it up.

Average price of gas was $1.89 on Jan 26 2009.

When have we seen gas prices like that under this administration? With a President who pushes government investment into a Chevy Volt, regulations that attempts to eliminate further coal production, and throwing money at financial unstable companies that support green energy, WILL we ever find gas prices like that again?

Average gas prices--January 26, 2009
Gas was about 4.50 here the summer before Obama was elected, you know when Bush was president.

Compared to what? We still have much lower prices than most major countries in the world.

Maroonie!

California prices continue to go up, while prices in the rest of the country to head downward.

AAA tells Burden that the higher prices are a result of refinery power outages, a fire in Northern California, and low fuel inventory as stations switch from summer to winter blends.

In Houston I paid 3.44 per gal for reg. Down from 3.54 just last week.

Next!

Are Those High Gas Prices Ever Going To Come Down? « CBS Los Angeles

As refineries close around the country, it's only a matter of time before the rest of the nation starts suffering the way California is because of government policies.

Jerry Brown took action which was to order the AQMD to waive the start date for the winter blend and order the EPA to approve the permit so the Exxon refinery could reopen in Torrance. As the EPA starts closing refineries around the country you can see these shortages spreading every place.

Wildfires caused the power outages that shut down the refineries in N. California. Our refining capacity has increased even thought the number of refineries has declined. Look it up.

You also have EXTREME regulations that IS driving the cost.

Compared to what? We still have much lower prices than most major countries in the world.

I don't live in Europe. I live here so i don't really give a damn what they pay. By your measure i should also support the talibans repression of women.

Failed logic

please explain how Democrats or Republicans have control over gas prices? Im lost here.

I was of the mind set the fuel market is a market that is highly volatile and run by speculators and lord knows who else behind the curtain.

My best guess is demand world wide is increasing and we have hit peak production. No drilling can of set the growth of fossil fuel consumption that's heading our way.

It is lower here but as long as we continue to rely on oil that we don't have and alternative energy/fuel remains a rare commodity, we will get to pay outrageous prices for all of it.

please explain how Democrats or Republicans have control over gas prices? Im lost here.

I was of the mind set the fuel market is a market that is highly volatile and run by speculators and lord knows who else behind the curtain.

My best guess is demand world wide is increasing and we have hit peak production. No drilling can of set the growth of fossil fuel consumption that's heading our way.

Through epa regulations and over all energy policies.

You also have EXTREME regulations that IS driving the cost.

The State of California is doing that, it isn't the feds.

There goes that out-of-control EPA again, telling companies to make cars that go farther on a gallon of gas. There already is a sizeable fleet of individual commuter cars getting upwards of 35-37 mpg. The Fiat 500 reports up to 38 mpg, and Hyundai claims the average of all its new cars will be 35 mpg by 2015.

Low gasoline sales are not a situation unique to the U.S. In addition to Sunoco and Conoco Phillips, Valero Energy Corp., PetroPlus AG, and Hess Corp reportedly are making plans to close or sell their refineries on the U.S. East Coast and in Europe – because oil from Nigeria, Norway and other sources is becoming too expensive and consumers are not buying enough.

The controversial Keystone XL pipeline will not help, either. The oil it would transport from Canada to Texas is too heavy to be processed in New Jersey and Pennsylvania refineries, and the Galveston, Texas refineries it will feed already have said they will be selling their products to Asian markets.

EPA Not To Blame For Closing Refineries | Rock The Capital - A network of political stakeholders addressing local and regional elements of politics

See, yet another who thinks that we should price oil beyond the reach of the average person.

Completely ignoring the fact that when you do that, people can't afford to heat their homes in the winter, or gas their cars up to go shopping and see the doctor...

I don't live in Europe. I live here so i don't really give a damn what they pay. By your measure i should also support the talibans repression of women.

Failed logic

Failed logic is your stupid statement about Taliban women... And knowing nothing about gas prices.
And you just have to cross over the border to Canada to pay those higher prices, you know a country with a larger supply of oil than us. Canada kind of proves the drill baby crowd are morons.

Through epa regulations and over all energy policies.

If those regulations were discontinued that would hardly be a drop in the bucket for the near future.

I think we need to assume peak production has been hit. Just wait, you think $5 is bad now, HA. And its mostly out of our control as America cant support her oil consumption on her own.

Forum List

Back