Remember when the Hollywood elite said they wanted to pay more taxes?

so we should continue to subsidize oil companies too because they produce jobs in the US.. I am happy that you see the light. Thank You.

As long as Oil Companies are paying their fair share of taxes, and royalties on all of the oil they produce on government lands, and the jobs would otherwise go to another country, which is the case here, sure give the oil companies subsidies to keep the jobs at home.

But if the oil companies are not paying 35% corporate taxes, then NO.

so we should continue to subsidize oil companies too because they produce jobs in the US.. I am happy that you see the light. Thank You.

As long as Oil Companies are paying their fair share of taxes, and royalties on all of the oil they produce on government lands, and the jobs would otherwise go to another country, which is the case here, sure give the oil companies subsidies to keep the jobs at home.

But if the oil companies are not paying 35% corporate taxes, then NO.

IZZZZ hollywood paying 35% in corporate taxes?

so you're just blowing shit out yer ass? typical demoncrap.

The comparison makes no sense. You drill where there is oil. You don't get to pick and chose and say well, it's cheaper to drill in China because labour is cheaper, so let's drill in China.

If an American company moves production to a third world country, taking American jobs overseas, like General Electric did:

https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2011/08/24-9

They should be heavily penalized for doing so.

And was also pointed out so people with more money are a benefit to the economy even though rich 1%?
I thought all this tax talk was about fairness?
I guess fairness stops with those rich hollywood elite.

I'll try to post this in words of once syllable so even you can understand.

Tax cuts given to wealthy individuals do not produce jobs.

Some tax cuts given to businesses to help certain sectors of the economy do produce jobs, or make it easier to employers to take on new employees. Since it's cheaper to make movies in Canada, this tax break was given to keep jobs in the US.

I would think that YOU would be happy to keep the money in the US, but no, you're complaining about a tax cut given to a business sector so they won't outsource US jobs.

I really that conservatives are really challenged when it comes to economic matters, but you unwillingness to do ANYTHING to keep jobs in the US is why people in China are taking over US manufacturing.

I'm willing to give tax cuts to keep jobs from going offshore. Why aren't you?

By the same token, why not include the coal, costruction, and manufacturing industries. I understand that the manufactured home industry is moving to Canada as I write. Shouldn't they get the same breaks as Hollywood and the stars get?

First off, the stars are not getting tax breaks. Only production companies which film TV series or movies in financially disadvantaged areas. So the credit only applies to a relatively small segment of production.

The same people who decried Obama's so-called lack of jobs bills are now complaining about a jobs bill.

First off, the stars are not getting tax breaks. Only production companies which film TV series or movies in financially disadvantaged areas. So the credit only applies to a relatively small segment of production.

The same people who decried Obama's so-called lack of jobs bills are now complaining about a jobs bill.

No, they are complaining about a 'job' bill that is a payoff to supporters of a specific industry rather than fixing the things that are chasing jobs away in the first place.

Taking money from one industry through taxes and then giving another special breaks to 'promote' jobs is asinine. Get out of the way in the first place and you won't need such obvious capital cronyism. There really is no way to slice this. You are essentially saying that lower taxes on an industry promotes jobs BUT you don't actually want to lower taxes on industry. Just those specific industries that government wants to single out. Why?

Likely because they are paying the politicians for it.

Forum List

Back