Remember when the Food Stamp President voted against raising the Debt ceiling?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rodack, May 20, 2011.

1. Rodack

Rodack BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Obama Debt @ 14.7 Trillion and yet he needs more.....

Obama is the worst President ever

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    Yea, it's all Obama. Republicans had nothing to do with it.

3. Rodack

Rodack BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Republicans made Obama a hypocrite?

4. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    The only thing republicans did was approve the amendments made to the community reinvestment act just to "prove" they weren't racists..

Yeah all the poor folks got their credit, they got their free house and credit cards and fucked good responsible people over in the process...

5. Mr.Nick

Mr.Nick VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Bankruptcy attorneys wouldn't advertise on TV if it wasn't lucrative for them...

How the fuck can millions of people rack up epic debt then declare bankruptcy and act like that debt just goes away??

Do you really believe bankers should cover those losses out of pocket??

Would you cover your companies losses? hell no - you'd say "I'm a fucking employee" yeah, well so are they.

Do I like their bullshit practices? no, but at the same time the idiots are the ones who thought they would get something for nothing.

Fuck it - few if any understand my assertions anyways.

6. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Republicans made the surplus go away with tax cuts for the rich. The theory was the rich would ‘trickle down’ upon us jobs and prosperity – what they accomplished was the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression: the Great Recession of December 2007.

Nah, not even close – if anyone that would be Nixon.

7. Rodack

Rodack BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10

Didnt Obama just give tax cuts to Billionaires?

LOL

I guess obamanomics is trickle up poverty since poverty is up? Foreclosures up? Food Stamps up? All Obama, all failure

8. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,006
    The only thing Republicans did was lie us into an unpaid for war, a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, Medicare Part D costing trillions more and pass the debt on to Obama. Everyone knows that. It's why they are failures. It's proof their policies don't work.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    And yet, it is Obama's own words that hang him. Oops, are we allowed to say 'hang' or is that racist now? :lol::lol:

Blame, blame, blame, blame, blame.... You make truthmatters look positively intellectual at times, really, you do.

10. pAntiChrist

pAntiChrist la vie boheme

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I would like to know if anyone does anything besides point fingers around here. The more posts I read the more evident it becomes that most of this is wasted banter spent on bullying other's into admitting defeat. There are many severe issues facing our nation with the citizens bearing the brunt of punishment. Here we are speaking of debt, so I will stick to that one particular issue.

What purpose are you serving by pulling some quote of the internet and posting it with some asinine remark about how "Obama is the worst president evar!"? Then the "I know you are, but what am I?" juvenile arguments are in hot pursuit. A lot of this seems rather redundant. Problems aren't solved by standing around pointing fingers. Problems are solved by rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done. So, let's put the child's play aside and get down to brass tacks people. Real solutions are needed for our national deficit. What are you implementing in real life to produce real resolution? Do any of you actually participate in genuine endeavors demanding said reform or do you merely hide behind a computer screen trying to one up the other side? I hate to break it to you, but nobody wins that way. We. All. Lose. Now I ask, how do you suggest this can be different? Ideas are plentiful, but what are you willing to do about it? Stop bitching. Start a revolution.

Having said that, I would love to hear some of your ideas on the issue of resolving national debt. I have a great passion for my country, my home. The great political divide is slowly killing us in it's choke hold. We are all entitled to personal beliefs and the POV that comes along with them, but sometimes sacrifice is necessary. Are you willing to put aside your selfish feelings if it means saving your home? Unity. As hippie and utopian as I sound right now it's the truth. It is going to take a whole lot more than a bunch of people trying to sound smart on a message board. It's not a case of "whodunit." It's a case of who's going to clean up this mess? The answer is we are. Or I am at least going to try. Suggestions welcome. I would like to have few rounds with some equally passionate people and maybe knock some ideas around. Let's feed off each other, not ON each other.

How can we start to generate some income to pay down this debt? Go!

Last edited: May 21, 2011