Remember when the Food Stamp President voted against raising the Debt ceiling?

Rodack

Rookie
May 18, 2011
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Obama Debt @ 14.7 Trillion and yet he needs more.....

Obama is the worst President ever

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Yea, it's all Obama. Republicans had nothing to do with it.

The only thing republicans did was approve the amendments made to the community reinvestment act just to "prove" they weren't racists..

Yeah all the poor folks got their credit, they got their free house and credit cards and fucked good responsible people over in the process...

Bankruptcy attorneys wouldn't advertise on TV if it wasn't lucrative for them...

How the fuck can millions of people rack up epic debt then declare bankruptcy and act like that debt just goes away??

Do you really believe bankers should cover those losses out of pocket??

Would you cover your companies losses? hell no - you'd say "I'm a fucking employee" yeah, well so are they.

Do I like their bullshit practices? no, but at the same time the idiots are the ones who thought they would get something for nothing.

Fuck it - few if any understand my assertions anyways.

Republicans made Obama a hypocrite?

Republicans made the surplus go away with tax cuts for the rich. The theory was the rich would ‘trickle down’ upon us jobs and prosperity – what they accomplished was the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression: the Great Recession of December 2007.

Nah, not even close – if anyone that would be Nixon.

• Banned
Republicans made Obama a hypocrite?

Republicans made the surplus go away with tax cuts for the rich. The theory was the rich would ‘trickle down’ upon us jobs and prosperity – what they accomplished was the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression: the Great Recession of December 2007.

Nah, not even close – if anyone that would be Nixon.

Didnt Obama just give tax cuts to Billionaires?

LOL

I guess obamanomics is trickle up poverty since poverty is up? Foreclosures up? Food Stamps up? All Obama, all failure

The only thing republicans did was approve the amendments made to the community reinvestment act just to "prove" they weren't racists..

Yeah all the poor folks got their credit, they got their free house and credit cards and fucked good responsible people over in the process...

The only thing Republicans did was lie us into an unpaid for war, a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, Medicare Part D costing trillions more and pass the debt on to Obama. Everyone knows that. It's why they are failures. It's proof their policies don't work.

The only thing Republicans did was lie us into an unpaid for war, a 2.4 trillion dollar tax cut, Medicare Part D costing trillions more and pass the debt on to Obama. Everyone knows that. It's why they are failures. It's proof their policies don't work.

And yet, it is Obama's own words that hang him. Oops, are we allowed to say 'hang' or is that racist now? :lol::lol:

Blame, blame, blame, blame, blame.... You make truthmatters look positively intellectual at times, really, you do.

I would like to know if anyone does anything besides point fingers around here. The more posts I read the more evident it becomes that most of this is wasted banter spent on bullying other's into admitting defeat. There are many severe issues facing our nation with the citizens bearing the brunt of punishment. Here we are speaking of debt, so I will stick to that one particular issue.

What purpose are you serving by pulling some quote of the internet and posting it with some asinine remark about how "Obama is the worst president evar!"? Then the "I know you are, but what am I?" juvenile arguments are in hot pursuit. A lot of this seems rather redundant. Problems aren't solved by standing around pointing fingers. Problems are solved by rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done. So, let's put the child's play aside and get down to brass tacks people. Real solutions are needed for our national deficit. What are you implementing in real life to produce real resolution? Do any of you actually participate in genuine endeavors demanding said reform or do you merely hide behind a computer screen trying to one up the other side? I hate to break it to you, but nobody wins that way. We. All. Lose. Now I ask, how do you suggest this can be different? Ideas are plentiful, but what are you willing to do about it? Stop bitching. Start a revolution.

Having said that, I would love to hear some of your ideas on the issue of resolving national debt. I have a great passion for my country, my home. The great political divide is slowly killing us in it's choke hold. We are all entitled to personal beliefs and the POV that comes along with them, but sometimes sacrifice is necessary. Are you willing to put aside your selfish feelings if it means saving your home? Unity. As hippie and utopian as I sound right now it's the truth. It is going to take a whole lot more than a bunch of people trying to sound smart on a message board. It's not a case of "whodunit." It's a case of who's going to clean up this mess? The answer is we are. Or I am at least going to try. Suggestions welcome. I would like to have few rounds with some equally passionate people and maybe knock some ideas around. Let's feed off each other, not ON each other.

How can we start to generate some income to pay down this debt? Go!

Last edited:

Fuck your medicare - you're owed nothing you cant provide for yourself...

In what universe is it my responsibility to take care of you? by the time I'm 50 this country will be dead and all those bitching about their free health care will be dead and I'll be standing there starving with in the middle of a civil war with an AK in my hand saying "im too old for this shit."

Its all about everyone else....

What about me??

You think I will ever see a dime of what I paid into SSI?

I'm 30....

Wait until my age group gets a sniff of what I already know....Problem is most libertarians and republicans are a few years behind me - even economists

Enjoy the internet while you can, because we have a tough road ahead of us....

Last edited:

Don't like it much do ya?.....Everything is fine with you guys when it's all Bush's fault....:lol:

Remember when the Food Stamp President voted against raising the Debt ceiling?

No, I don't.

Can you point us to the time that the "President voted against raising the Debt ceiling?"

I do remember. He said, "raising the debt ceiling is a sign of FAILED leadership" mama always said "ya reaps what ya sows.: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most Democrats were telling the same 'lies' and they also voted to go to war with Iraq.

Congressional Budget Office projection

CBO recently updated its baseline projections for all federal programs. As part of that exercise, we modified our estimate of the Part D benefits slightly, mostly to reflect the slightly higher inflation rate in CBO's most recent economic assumptions. That change added about $6 billion to the projected cost of the Part D program over the 2004-2013 period, raising it from $552 billion to $558 billion. The estimated savings to Medicaid and other federal programs are incorporated in our baseline projections for those programs and are not separately identifiable.
Projection of Spending for the Medicare Part D Benefit

I don't see the word 'trillions' in the CBO report.

The Obama-Biden Plan

• Protect and Strengthen Medicare: Obama and Biden are committed to the long-term strength of the Medicare program. They will reduce waste in the Medicare system -- in part by eliminating subsidies to the private insurance Medicare Advantage program -- and tackle fundamental health care reform to improve the quality and efficiency of our healthcare system. They support closing the "doughnut hole" in the Medicare Part D prescription drug program.

We now will see the word 'trillion' when the so-called donut hole is closed. If Part D was such a bad idea, why is Obama expanding it?

Cost of war in Iraq to date.

$791 Billion
Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM

The Facts

Over the 10-year period, the overall size of the tax cut dropped about 5 percent, or $65 billion, to $1.285 trillion. This includes the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts which cut taxes for every taxpayer, not just the upper income taxpayers.

Revisiting the cost of the Bush tax cuts - The Fact Checker - The Washington Post

The cost of the tax cut was for ALL taxpayers, since EVERY taxpayer had their taxes reduced. Your number was a trillion dollars to high.

Fuck your medicare - you're owed nothing you cant provide for yourself...

In what universe is it my responsibility to take care of you? by the time I'm 50 this country will be dead and all those bitching about their free health care will be dead and I'll be standing there starving with in the middle of a civil war with an AK in my hand saying "im too old for this shit."

Its all about everyone else....

What about me??

You think I will ever see a dime of what I paid into SSI?

I'm 30....

Wait until my age group gets a sniff of what I already know....Problem is most libertarians and republicans are a few years behind me - even economists

Enjoy the internet while you can, because we have a tough road ahead of us....

The important thing to remember here is that EACH WAGE EARNER PAYS into the Social Security system their entire working life. So the next time one of those Washington numb-nuts (who by the way have socialized medicine and pensions most of can only dream about) utter some nonsense about Social Security benefits (SSA) and Medicare being government handouts - remember it's another one of their calculated untruths.

As for our debt - perhaps had we not tried to take over the world (like Pinky and the Brain) either by buying or storming it - we might not be in the monetary fix we find ourselves today.

WWII was solely financed by the American people's willingness to give up many, many commodities and luxuries. Food and gasoline were rationed and other things such as rubber were simply unavailable. We seemed to know that wars devour money so rather than splurge on ourselves, we poured ours into backing the war effort. However such has not been the case since. We spent 11-years in that fiasco called the Viet Nam War, and almost as long in Iraq and Afghanistan. We pretend as if none of this has cost us - and cost us dearly. Ridiculous! And as long as we remain so - the debt ceiling will rise and rise until it's beyond any imaginable stopping point.

In the history of the world no single person, state or nation has ever been successful in their or its bid to rule the world. Genghis Khan came closest - but when that dust settled not only was he destroyed but so nearly were his people and his country.

It is well established that the primary reason behind the fall of the Roman Empire was it's insatiable appetite for world domination, which placed more and more demand to tax its citizens until nothing was left. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
Yes its a FACT the fascist hypocrite punk obama was against raising the debt limit when he was a Senator.Deal with it liberal scum,lol

Yes its a FACT the fascist hypocrite punk obama was against raising the debt limit when he was a Senator.Deal with it liberal scum,lol

Let's see - Bush was the President who raised the debt ceiling by billions without a thought about who would pay or for how long. Therefore by your analogy that constitutes "liberal scum", which Bush must be as well. Right-Wingnuts have a major character flaw - they talk out of both sides of their mouths simultaneously while declaring that no one has the right to call them on it. You simply cannot have it both ways - so please pick one - spinning reality is so dizzying.

lol! Yea that was only when DA BOOOOOOOSH was in there. Now raising the Debt Ceiling is suddenly wonderful and vital to our Nation's survival. Just another shameful lie. One of many. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back