Remember when Kushners family was in China selling condos??

This is a no brainer unless a hypothetical low-skilled immigrant is going to become a millionaire. Then, sure, that person would be just as much of a potential economic boon to our country as an immigrant who is already a millionaire. That's rare, though. In the vast majority (to put it lightly) of cases, low skilled workers don't become millionaires, and thus the millionaire is going to be the more advantageous addition to our society.

The question boils down to whether you believe that the purpose of our immigration system is to serve our nation's interests, or that the purpose of our immigration system is to appropriate other citizens' resources to serve your moral imperatives.

Side note, when you say that 60 percent of wealthy people inherit their wealth, citation needed. Also, define wealthy.

This is a no brainer unless a hypothetical low-skilled immigrant is going to become a millionaire. Then, sure, that person would be just as much of a potential economic boon to our country as an immigrant who is already a millionaire. That's rare, though. In the vast majority (to put it lightly) of cases, low skilled workers don't become millionaires, and thus the millionaire is going to be the more advantageous addition to our society.

The question boils down to whether you believe that the purpose of our immigration system is to serve our nation's interests, or that the purpose of our immigration system is to appropriate other citizens' resources to serve your moral imperatives.

Side note, when you say that 60 percent of wealthy people inherit their wealth, citation needed. Also, define wealthy.

Did you read post 19. Rich people like rich people.

Oh I'm not going to waste my time on explaining how wealth creates wealth or look for where I read that, due to most articles will say they are self made.

Is DTrump self made, I say no. You might say yes, since he didn't inherit all his wealth. (if he really has any)

Should Congress Let Wealthy Foreigners Buy Green Cards?

Each year, America grants green cards to 10,000 rich investors, the vast majority of whom are Chinese. Is this program creating enough jobs to warrant its continuation?

The massive $20 billion Hudson Yards project is one of the nation’s biggest development efforts. When it’s completed on New York’s west side, it will have have 5,000 apartments, six skyscrapers, and pneumatic tubes for trash disposal. And one more feature of the project: It has paved the way for the green cards of about 1,200 Chinese millionaires.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/should-congress-let-wealthy-foreigners-buy-citizenship/406432/

It was originally scheduled to sunset on April 28, 2017, but was extended with the omnibus spending bill that funded the government for the first half year of the Trump presidency.

Looking Into The Crystal Ball At The EB-5 Investor Immigration Program And Trump's Raise Act

--------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure this is what merit means, ability to buy expensive apts and condos. Money can buy you anything , even citizenship.

So I ask you:
Would you rather immigrants to take the entrance level jobs, and you rise up, (I am talking legal) or do you want on highly skilled whites here or the wealthy.

As it is many Chinese rich kids are here in the US going to college.

Think about it.

No, but i do remember when bill clinton sold china our Tomahawk missile production line for a price less than one third of what the employees were willing to pay for it.

Each year, America grants green cards to 10,000 rich investors, the vast majority of whom are Chinese. Is this program creating enough jobs to warrant its continuation?

The massive $20 billion Hudson Yards project is one of the nation’s biggest development efforts. When it’s completed on New York’s west side, it will have have 5,000 apartments, six skyscrapers, and pneumatic tubes for trash disposal. And one more feature of the project: It has paved the way for the green cards of about 1,200 Chinese millionaires.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/should-congress-let-wealthy-foreigners-buy-citizenship/406432/

It was originally scheduled to sunset on April 28, 2017, but was extended with the omnibus spending bill that funded the government for the first half year of the Trump presidency.

Looking Into The Crystal Ball At The EB-5 Investor Immigration Program And Trump's Raise Act

I'm sure this is what merit means, ability to buy expensive apts and condos. Money can buy you anything , even citizenship.

So I ask you:
Would you rather immigrants to take the entrance level jobs, and you rise up, (I am talking legal) or do you want on highly skilled whites here or the wealthy.

Think about it.

No, but i do remember when bill clinton sold china our Tomahawk missile production line for a price less than one third of what the employees were willing to pay for it.

Lets get it together. This was obviously pay to play. Trumps post office is pay to play, Trump Mar-a-largo is pay to play. Lets admit it , Trump is pay to play. He takes his Con senators to his golf courses, to get them to agree with them.

What are you talking about Clinton for?

So I ask you:

Think about it.

Lets get it together. This was obviously pay to play. Trumps post office is pay to play, Trump Mar-a-largo is pay to play. Lets admit it , Trump is pay to play. He takes his Con senators to his golf courses, to get them to agree with them.

What are you talking about Clinton for?

The clinton foundation is pay to play darling. How do we know this? Because the second she lost the election the "donations" stopped. Until you can come up with something even half as obvious with trump, you're merely pissing up a rope.

I don't think I have had enough coffee. I keep reading the title as Remember when Kushners family was in China selling condoms. Clearly today was brought to you by the letter M.

Neither; that isn't how it plays out and there is a track record here that demonstrates that; however, I am aware that this is happening and it presented an issue last year but both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party became defensive.

Kushners sisters were in China trying to sell apts this summer.

Did you want me to rage against Kushner's sisters or address the issues as stated? You have framed the issue in a manner that doesn't address the problems. The issue of the wealthy coming from different countries came up before and the response from the Democratic Party and the Republican Party was they loved it. Had no intention of changing it. They became defensive of it.

You can address either or? it all the same. Trump has extended the policy due to the more rich that come here the more he and his family apts get rented and the more that can afford his golf courses.

Its pay for play for the elites. When has it come up before? It started as a way to address more jobs, we do not have a job problem now. It has been found there are ways to work the system. For someone to hire 10 people, well most of the elites have 10 employees anyway.

There were multiple articles written covering the pay to play crap and if I get home at a decent hour then I will hunt them down. I believe we discussed it here before as well.

We do have a job problem. That's why it is still a primary issue. The misconception is that mass immigration take the entry level jobs and citizens move up the ladder. That isn't what happens. We have a track record that shows that is not how it plays out.

Well I don't know why we need rich people here that hire 10 employees and buy other rich people apts. and play on the rich people golf courses.

I don't either. Never underestimate the level of prostitution of those that have been elected.

https://www.uschamber.com/sites/def...files/022851_mythsfacts_2016_report_final.pdf

MYTH: Undocumented immigrants do not pay taxes.

FACT: Undocumented immigrants pay billions of dollars in taxes each year.

Undocumented immigrants pay sales taxes, just like every other consumer in the United States. Undocumented immigrants also pay property taxes—even if they rent housing. More than half of undocumented immigrants have federal and state income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes automatically deducted from their paychecks. However, undocumented immigrants working “on the books” are not eligible for any of the federal or state benefits that their tax dollars help to fund.74 As a result, undocumented immigrants provide an enormous subsidy to the Social Security system in particular. Each year, Social Security taxes are withheld from billions of dollars in wages earned by workers whose names and Social Security numbers do not match the records of the Social Security Administration (SSA). According to the SSA, undocumented immigrants paid $13 billion in payroll taxes into the Social Security Trust Funds in 2010 alone.75

Tax payments by undocumented immigrants and their families are also sizable at the state and local levels. The Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) estimates that households headed by undocumented immigrants paid $11.6 billion in state and local taxes in 2013. That included just under $1.1 billion in personal income taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes, and more than $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes. The states with

the largest tax contributions headed by undocumented immigrants were California ($3.2 billion), Texas ($1.5 billion), New York ($1.1 billion), Illinois ($743.3 million), and Florida ($588 million).76

Penolope, how can you look at your own people and tell them to get bent? How can you look at your own people and tell them to take underemployment, unemployment or low wages in favor of undocumented workers, continued h1b visas, continued "refugees" or even, at this time, legal immigration?

Oh I'm not going to waste my time on explaining how wealth creates wealth or look for where I read that, due to most articles will say they are self made.

Is DTrump self made, I say no. You might say yes, since he didn't inherit all his wealth. (if he really has any)

You're not going to bother to try and back up your claim with any evidence because it's too hard to find news articles that support your point? Lol. Well, as Christopher Hitchens once said, that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. I call bullshit, and, like you, I cite nothing.

I don't think I have had enough coffee. I keep reading the title as Remember when Kushners family was in China selling condoms. Clearly today was brought to you by the letter M.

Neither; that isn't how it plays out and there is a track record here that demonstrates that; however, I am aware that this is happening and it presented an issue last year but both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party became defensive.

Kushners sisters were in China trying to sell apts this summer.

Did you want me to rage against Kushner's sisters or address the issues as stated? You have framed the issue in a manner that doesn't address the problems. The issue of the wealthy coming from different countries came up before and the response from the Democratic Party and the Republican Party was they loved it. Had no intention of changing it. They became defensive of it.

You can address either or? it all the same. Trump has extended the policy due to the more rich that come here the more he and his family apts get rented and the more that can afford his golf courses.

Its pay for play for the elites. When has it come up before? It started as a way to address more jobs, we do not have a job problem now. It has been found there are ways to work the system. For someone to hire 10 people, well most of the elites have 10 employees anyway.

There were multiple articles written covering the pay to play crap and if I get home at a decent hour then I will hunt them down. I believe we discussed it here before as well.

We do have a job problem. That's why it is still a primary issue. The misconception is that mass immigration take the entry level jobs and citizens move up the ladder. That isn't what happens. We have a track record that shows that is not how it plays out.

Well I don't know why we need rich people here that hire 10 employees and buy other rich people apts. and play on the rich people golf courses.

That's 10 more employees than a poor immigrant is going to hire, on top of which a millionaire will spend more money here than a poor immigrant. Let's not forget, a rich immigrant is far less likely to require health insurance subsidies and other forms of state funded welfare than is a poor immigrant.

Forum List

Back