Remember when former pres Jimmy Carter...

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
...went overseas and criticized US policy, and the right wing melted down over it, calling him a traitor, etc...

Now we have Republican politicians that are currently IN OFFICE doing exactly the same thing...and I've not heard a peep out of these people.

IMO this is worse, Carter is basically a bumbling EX office holder, kind of like the crazy old uncle.

The GOP's New Foreign Policy: Undermine American Diplomacy | TPMDC

I remember how when Obama was a candidate and spoke with forenign leaders the republicans went nuts.

...went overseas and criticized US policy, and the right wing melted down over it, calling him a traitor, etc...

Now we have Republican politicians that are currently IN OFFICE doing exactly the same thing...and I've not heard a peep out of these people.

IMO this is worse, Carter is basically a bumbling EX office holder, kind of like the crazy old uncle.

so you were okay with it when Carter did it but now you are not?

so you were okay with it when Carter did it but now you are not?
Nope...I don't think Americans going to other countries speaking against America is a good thing...your turn. I'm sure you think these guys are in the right. :lol:

Remember when Pelosi went over to the middle east acting like she was sec. of state (Conaleeza Rice) was,, Pelosi did it just to undermine Bush. Did you bitch a blue streak then or not?

Forum List

Back