Remember When CPAC was Actually Conservative?

They're still conservative. They are just "focused".

lol, yeah, focused, meaning that they have demonized Obama so much that they have scared themselves into voting for an Obama clone in conservative drag who doesnt have a shred of Obama's honesty and decency.

If conservatives think that Obama is bad, wait till they elect Romney, who is not only to the left of Obama, judging from his record of enabling gay marriage, grabbing guns and using state funds to pay for abortions, but Romney is absolutely ruthless (destroying the reputations of anyone that gets in his way), owned by Wall Street banksters, and is busy as a bee (while he isnt lying to conservatives about how conservative he is) removing Tea Party conservatives from any positions of power int he GOP unless they French kiss his arse with full tongue.

While Obama is recruitng and activating more conservatives to go to the polls than any President since Carter, Romney will destroy any remaining semblance of conservatism within the GOP that it has left since Reagan. They are idiots if they buy Romney's lies and dirty tricks.

Last edited:
I do.

Now they endorse for President a gun-grabbing, abortion paying, Reaganite-bashing liberal from Massachussettes who once ran to the left of Ted Kenedy. Oh, nut wait; he didnt mean any of that, ya know? lol, and conservatards are believing the BS rolling off the liars lips.

One thing that is a constant from one generation to the next: conservatives build an organization, liberals infiltrate it and take it over by one means or another, and then conservatives flee the old organization and build a new one from the ground up.

Guess its past time to scrap/abandon CPAC, leave whats left to the libtards and start something new that is once again truly conservative like they've had to do once every two or three generations.

A rather astute observation...

Thank you, from one gentleman to another.

I do.

Now they endorse for President a gun-grabbing, abortion paying, Reaganite-bashing liberal from Massachussettes who once ran to the left of Ted Kenedy. Oh, nut wait; he didnt mean any of that, ya know? lol, and conservatards are believing the BS rolling off the liars lips.

One thing that is a constant from one generation to the next: conservatives build an organization, liberals infiltrate it and take it over by one means or another, and then conservatives flee the old organization and build a new one from the ground up.

Guess its past time to scrap/abandon CPAC, leave whats left to the libtards and start something new that is once again truly conservative like they've had to do once every two or three generations.

i remember when *conservatives* had two brain cells to rub together.

must have been before your time.

And here we have the typical school yard 'So's your mama' response from the childrens section.

When you can put two facts together and form a conclusion that makes any sense, why dont you come back to play with us? Meaning never....

I do.

Didn't one of them put a bill up for consideration in Congress to rename the Gulf of Mexico, the Gulf of America?

Can't believe there haven't been 3 threads on that.

Wow some conservatard proposed something ridiculous in Congress, THEREFORE ALL conservatives want that to come to fruition?

Good God, no wonder the word 'liberalism' is a pejorative these days.

You far right wacks are not conservatives and Reagan would repudiate you if you were alive, JimBowie.

No true Republican wants anything from you but a vote and a promise you will shut your moufs.

Well, and here we have Jake Starkey, probably the stupidest man participating on these boards, chiming in with two unwarranted assertions loaded with ad hominem, and thinks he is making a cogent argument.

lol, go sober up Jake.

"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

That’s the Goldwater I remember – he was wrong on a number of issues, but he was consistent, and unlike today’s ‘conservatives,’ an advocate of privacy rights.
Liberoidal dickweeds don't give a flying fuck about privacy rights and the 4th Amendment, as evidenced by the origianl 98-1 Senate vote for USAPATRIOT and their continued congressional votes to keep it in place.

Like I said, Goldwater would've kicked your sorry ass into next month.

Was it not republicans who drafted the NDAA and supported it unanimously in congress? Democrats also supported it in high numbers, including the president, but stop acting like republicans didn't play a huge part in destroying our individual liberties.

Remember When CPAC was Actually Conservative?

…and not crazy.

You far right wacks are not conservatives and Reagan would repudiate you if you were alive, JimBowie.

More like Goldwater, Reagan whored for the radical right vote.

lol, and Reagan was also declared in 1979 to be unelectable, inevitably going to fail to get the nomination since Bush the Elder had the GOP establishments support, and was said to be a potential nuclear war instigating disaster as a President.

Instead, he won two elections by landslides, restored the nations confidence and economy, and instigated the collapse of the Soviet Union and has statues dedicated to his memory across Eastern Europe.

Do you nitwits EVER tire of being completely 100% wrong about almost everything?

If it wasnt for the money the liars you support have to spend on rumor mills, slander advertising and buying straw polls, no one would ever pay any attention to you.

But I will give you that much: you do know how to create a mirage of 'everybody knows' that the morons buy no matter how ridiculous the message you are whoring.

I do.

I'm glad they didn't endorse the guy who said that being impregnated by a rapist was receiving a gift from God.

Just sayin'

I dont know what quote you are refering to, Amelia, but I am sure whoever you are refering to did not say the rape was a gift, but the CHILD is a gift.

EVERY innocent human life is a gift.

Conservatives used to understand that.

I do.

Hey guess what! You're not the center of the universe.

lol, I dont have to be the center of the universe to recognise Romney's lies for what they are.

Just because I correctly observe that you have drunk the Kool Aid and are being conned by a fraudster doesnt mean I am absorbed with megalomania.

It only means that you are being a dumb ass.

Cut it out with that "you aren't a conservative if you don't conform to me EXACTLY" bullshit.

You think I am the only person in the universe that thinks gun-grabbing, abortion supporting, gay marriage backing, tax raising, liberal judge appointing ex-govenors from Massachussettes are not conservative?

lolol, dude, put down that bottle....

Or, just sop up your tears with a biscuit and carry on.

A biscuit? lolololo whatever.....

Man... must be terrible to have to demand that everybody conform to your views exactly. I don't get along with all sorts of liberals precisely because my views are different. But I don't give a shit, their views are different from mine. Some might be more conservative, some might be more liberal, but in the end I don't try and deny them being liberal. It's a multifaceted world we live in. Just because we're on the same side of the gemstone doesn't mean we're of the same facet. People are going to be skewed.

Dude, I am not complaining about liberals being liberals, not this time anyway, but I am complaining about two things:

1. liberals that try to pass themselves off as conservative by rewriting their own record and lying their asses off.

2. And that so many conservatives are stupid enough to trust the lying bastard.

Get it yet?

Last edited:
Remember when conservatives were conservative and not progressive & libertarian?

I think there has always been a strain of progressivism and libertarianism in 'reflective' conservatism of the Russel Kirk school of thought.

The tradition of conservative thought that is not merely a reflexive rejection of change, but instead upholds principles that derive from the Judeo-Christian culture that once existed as the primary definition of Western culture, that school of thought does have high regard for 'the city on a hill' and personal liberty. In the US that conservative system of values also was tempered with a respect for secular government and the restraint on government imposed by the Constitution.

But the reflective conservatives have been displaced by power-mongering, ruthless amoral neocons who want to institute a Pax Americana on the entire globe as they extend American hegemony globally and make money for their patronage network to keep power as they do so.

The Old School Conservatives of the Kirk variety were repelled by the underlying principles of todays neocons and so have little influence on the current leadership of the GOP at the national level.

But at the state level, Kirkian Conservatism is alive and well still, and hopefully will one day reclaim the national GOP for the side of the angels.

Last edited:
"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

That’s the Goldwater I remember – he was wrong on a number of issues, but he was consistent, and unlike today’s ‘conservatives,’ an advocate of privacy rights.
Liberoidal dickweeds don't give a flying fuck about privacy rights and the 4th Amendment, as evidenced by the origianl 98-1 Senate vote for USAPATRIOT and their continued congressional votes to keep it in place.

Not to mention property asset forfeiture laws, anti-drug enforcement laws, the growth of administrative law to evade the Constitutional criminal rights of the acused, etc.

But the lie that the neocons repeat sounds so good....to their echo-chamber of a mind.

Was it not republicans who drafted the NDAA and supported it unanimously in congress? Democrats also supported it in high numbers, including the president, but stop acting like republicans didn't play a huge part in destroying our individual liberties.

Newp, I need to point out a couple of things to you:

1. No, they were NOT conservatives who passed that draconian peice of shit legislation. They were politicians who whore themselves out in each election to the conservative part of the electorate so that the whore/politician in question can continue to get inside information to enrich himself with insider trading and retire with a loaded war chest from the recursive re-election funds they still hold.

2. You substituted 'conservative' with 'Republican'. They are two entirely different things in this subject.

Last edited:
There is nothing remotely conservative about todays GOP.

Likewise there is nothing remotely liberal about todays DNC.

We cling to these foolish labels because it saves us the effort of thinking deeply and critically about what is going on in our nation.

No good conservative or good liberal American would have voted in support of NDAA .

I'm glad they didn't endorse the guy who said that being impregnated by a rapist was receiving a gift from God.

Just sayin'

So you are admitting there's nothing morally wrong with abortion?

Not to pick on you personally, because I think you are one of the more pleasent supporters of Mittens, but it is a trick bag for the GOP and it's pro-life position.

If you say it's okay to abort a healthy because it was conceived through rape, then how is it not okay to abort one that was conceived as the result of a one-night stand in a bar?

If you take the position that fetuses are human life and should be protected, then they should all be protected.

Mittens is pro-life this week, isn't he?

I think when you have a situation where Ann Coulter is out defending individual mandates as good governance, but still trying to claim ObamaCare is bad because it has "Obama" in it, the whole argument of "conservative" vs. "Liberal" becomes kind of meaningless.

Conservatives aren't even sure what their principles are these days, they just know they hate Obama. And they've convinced themselves that Romney is the guy who can do it, even though the man has been beaten by Ted Kennedy, Devall Patrick (by default), John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. And he damned well near lost to Ron Paul in Maine.

He did beat someone named Shannon O'Brien once. So he's got that going for him.

I do.

Just sayin'

They call it taking "lemons" and making "lemonAIDS".

Just sayin'

Not to pick on you personally, because I think you are one of the more pleasent supporters of Mittens, but it is a trick bag for the GOP and it's pro-life position.

If you say it's okay to abort a healthy because it was conceived through rape, then how is it not okay to abort one that was conceived as the result of a one-night stand in a bar?

If you take the position that fetuses are human life and should be protected, then they should all be protected.

what goes on inside another persons body is NOT your business

Just sayin'

what goes on inside another persons body is NOT your business

Where the hell do you people get that notion?

We have had laws that regulated what a person may do to their body, inside or outside for millenia, literally. Laws that banned suicide, selling organs, taking illegal substances as food, prostitution, incest or beastiality and far more than these few things have LONG BEEN ILLEGAL.

So where exactly do you get this idea that society has no right to speak on things that goes on in ones body?

Please answer the question or else just admit that you are pulling this shit out of your ass.

Secondly, if what you say is true, then why am I being taxed to pay for the things that people do to their body if it is none of my business? If I have to pay for it then it is by definition MY GODAMNED BUSINESS.

Last edited:
I do.

I wont be supporting Romney, But unlike you I will not support the current corruption you said you would.

I do.

I think I'm too young to have observed that as well.

Forum List

Back