Remember when Bush talked about his faith?

Lost Soul

Sep 23, 2009
ALBUQUERQUE — President Obama expounded Tuesday on the reasons he became a Christian as an adult, telling a group of residents here that he was a “Christian by choice” and that “the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead – being my brother and sister’s keeper.”

Mr. Obama, who has been criticized by conservative pundits who have questioned his Christian faith, gave a lengthy discourse on it in response to a woman who said she had three “hot topic questions” for him. The first was: “Why are you a Christian?” The second was on abortion — the president said it should be “safe, legal and rare” — and her third was whether Mr. Obama would accept her husband’s chili pepper. He said he would.

Obama Talks About His Faith - NYTimes.com

Boy the libtards couldnt wait to attack him on it yet I have yet to see one liberal creating a thread to bash Obamay about his faith and the sky fairies.

How do you hypocrites live with yourselves? It must be hard to look in a mirror. Beside most of you are butt ugly, but the shame of your hypocrisy must be heavy.

ALBUQUERQUE — President Obama expounded Tuesday on the reasons he became a Christian as an adult, telling a group of residents here that he was a “Christian by choice” and that “the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead – being my brother and sister’s keeper.”

Mr. Obama, who has been criticized by conservative pundits who have questioned his Christian faith, gave a lengthy discourse on it in response to a woman who said she had three “hot topic questions” for him. The first was: “Why are you a Christian?” The second was on abortion — the president said it should be “safe, legal and rare” — and her third was whether Mr. Obama would accept her husband’s chili pepper. He said he would.

Boy the libtards couldnt wait to attack him on it yet I have yet to see one liberal creating a thread to bash Obamay about his faith and the sky fairies.

How do you hypocrites live with yourselves? It must be hard to look in a mirror. Beside most of you are butt ugly, but the shame of your hypocrisy must be heavy.

Well, I have a pretty easy time looking in the mirror - because not only did I NOT attack Bush because of he talked about his "faith", but NO ONE DID.

Got a link to "all liberals" attacking Bush for "talking about his faith"?

Bush said he made his decisions based on "gut instinct" and because he was "guided by God".

That's why we ended up getting tens of thousands of Americans maimed and wounded in Iraq and bankrupting our country. Gotta stop listening to God. Instead, "READ".

Well, I have a pretty easy time looking in the mirror - because not only did I NOT attack Bush because of he talked about his "faith", but NO ONE DID.

i've read more than one post here and elsewhere that attacked him for his faith. i take it for what it's worth-nothing, but it certainly happened.

i've read more than one post here and elsewhere that attacked him for his faith. i take it for what it's worth-nothing, but it certainly happened.

You're right.

It probably has happened.

But I don't think you can blame all liberals for it. Maybe the very few who made the comments, sure.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Bush said he made his decisions based on "gut instinct" and because he was "guided by God".

That's why we ended up getting tens of thousands of Americans maimed and wounded in Iraq and bankrupting our country. Gotta stop listening to God. Instead, "READ".

Maybe that was right after the "pretzel incident" that all this god talk popped up.

I recall something about Bush saying God told him to invade Iraq.

When our president starts taking orders from god that impacts me and my country....

The ONLY answer to your question is that they KNOW he's lying.

They saw and heard his "pastor."

For some reason, they're perfectly down with Obama lying about WHATEVER he feels like he needs to, in order for him to Save Us.

NO ONE could see any of the investigative reports and NOT have some questions,

unless they knew that HE WAS (AND IS) LYING,

not just about THAT, but about a lot of other things, as well.

He's not a Christian ~ he espouses NONE of the Christian beliefs that make Christians, Christians,

and they know it.

Either that, or they don't know anything about the Christian religion,

along with not knowing anything about math, science, critical thinking, history, english and politics.
smiley-rolleyes008.gif
:lol:

Last edited:

How do you hypocrites live with yourselves? It must be hard to look in a mirror. Beside most of you are butt ugly, but the shame of your hypocrisy must be heavy.[/QUOTE]

bush said his faith was to secret to talk about...skull and bones vs skull n bones..and the call it democracy..lol...wake up America..its all 2 sides of the same shitcoin
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPh7sUvhZ3E]YouTube - George Bush and John Kerry Skull and Bones members 322[/ame]

And when Obama starts talking about how he makes decisions based on what "THE father" (not his father) tells him, and he starts letting faith decide who gets funding for things like...um...I dunno...abstinence-only programs in schools, then I think he will be vilified. Nobody gave a shit about Bush and his faith, only if he brought it to the table when he was making decisions that affected the country..

So, troll, STFU...

If God exists then George Bush and his entire bloodline are going to burn in hell, right down to his grandchildren, and deservedly so. I have faith in that fact.

:confused: He was asked WHY he is a Christian and Obama answered the question. You got a problem with that? :cuckoo:

I don't have a problem with it Maggie. I do have a problem with him practically groveling before Muslims to convince them that he is one of them while dismissing the truth that Americans are mostly Christians and that the fact that Americans are mostly Christian is a good thing. He quotes the "Holy Qu'ran" often in his speeches. He rarely quotes the Bible and when he does, I think he does it incorrectly and out of context; i.e. the "brothers' keeper" line he used in the current speech. :) (I think he has had little or no formal Christian education.)

But I have no problem with ANY elected leader using religious references as they all have done so. You can't find a single administration in which religious references were not common.

I don't have a problem with it Maggie. I do have a problem with him practically groveling before Muslims to convince them that he is one of them while dismissing the truth that Americans are mostly Christians and that the fact that Americans are mostly Christian is a good thing. He quotes the "Holy Qu'ran" often in his speeches. He rarely quotes the Bible and when he does, I think he does it incorrectly and out of context; i.e. the "brothers' keeper" line he used in the current speech. :) (I think he has had little or no formal Christian education.)

But I have no problem with ANY elected leader using religious references as they all have done so. You can't find a single administration in which religious references were not common.

Why on earth would a president (or any American) seek a "formal" Christian education unless they wanted to be seen as more of an ecumenical leader than a governor of all?

I'd like your proof of that. He quoted the Quran and spoke about Muslims when in Egypt and his big speech in Germany. If he quotes the Quran AND the Bible in speeches, it is to show that they are very similar in teachings, which they are.

Comparing and contrasting Christianity and Islam

Ethic of reciprocity (Golden rule):

Christianity: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them." Matthew 7:12

Islam: "Not one of you is a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself." Fourth Hadith of an-Nawawi 13

I've spent a good deal of my adult life studying, writing on, and teaching comparative religions Maggie. So your link to Religious Tolerance is well known to me and is also 100% irrelevent to this discussion.

Here is a you tube compilation that takes a bit to watch but, while I don't think it PROVES he is a Muslim, it does illustrate the increasingly obvious appreciation the President has for all things Muslim.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giet9QiA3dY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giet9QiA3dY[/ame]

If you can show any similar evidence that he has given anything other than almost indifferent or passing notice or appreciation of Christianity, I would be pleased to see it. As I said, on the rare occasion in which he quotes the Bible, he generally uses it incorrectly.

As for 'formal education', I mean Obama appears to have had almost zero instruction in Bible or the Christian faith he claims to profess.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back