Remember when Bachmann said this?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Rep. Michele Bachmann's camp was retreating Monday after the Republican presidential candidate's statement seemingly attributing Hurricane Irene and the Virginia earthquake to God came under scrutiny.

"Obviously she was saying it in jest," campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart told political website Talking Points Memo (TPM) in a statement.

The comment in question was made by Bachmann while the Minnesota congresswoman was campaigning in Sarasota, Fla., over the weekend.

Speaking to a reporter from the St. Petersburg Times Sunday, Bachmann said:

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending

Read more at Michele Bachmann Quote About Earthquake, Irene Being Messages From God a Joke?

Now.............not for nothing but back in 2008, during the last RNC convention, hurricane Gustav delayed the GOP convention for a full day, and now it looks like it may happen again with hurricane Issac heading over to Tampa (with projections that it will be there on the first day of the convention).

Maybe it's not all politicians that God is sending warnings to, just the GOP.

So, is God sending a message to the GOP? Because He's never done something like that to a Democratic convention.

Rep. Michele Bachmann's camp was retreating Monday after the Republican presidential candidate's statement seemingly attributing Hurricane Irene and the Virginia earthquake to God came under scrutiny.

"Obviously she was saying it in jest," campaign spokesperson Alice Stewart told political website Talking Points Memo (TPM) in a statement.

The comment in question was made by Bachmann while the Minnesota congresswoman was campaigning in Sarasota, Fla., over the weekend.

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending

Read more at Michele Bachmann Quote About Earthquake, Irene Being Messages From God a Joke?

Now.............not for nothing but back in 2008, during the last RNC convention, hurricane Gustav delayed the GOP convention for a full day, and now it looks like it may happen again with hurricane Issac heading over to Tampa (with projections that it will be there on the first day of the convention).

Four years ago, events on the first day of the GOP convention were largely scrapped due to a storm — even though it was thousands of miles from the convention hall. Republicans gathered in Saint Paul, Minn., in 2008 but didn't want to seem insensitive with Hurricane Gustav then threatening New Orleans. http://m.npr.org/news/U.S./159918874?page=1

Last edited:

Clearly an evil omen indicating yet another failed WH bid.

I dont see a problem with God's hand being in it. God works in mysterious ways. Throughout the American Revolution He intervened with Fog, storms, winds, etc to help our Founders win.

I dont see a problem with God's hand being in it. God works in mysterious ways. Throughout the American Revolution He intervened with Fog, storms, winds, etc to help our Founders win.

Nice spin...

Did God intervene to create a new country or was He just pissed that the King of England created his own religion because he found the original a bit restricting when it came to divorce?

Nice spin...

Did God intervene to create a new country or was He just pissed that the King of England created his own religion because he found the original a bit restricting when it came to divorce?

Maybe it was to win a bet.................you know..................a bunch of scruffy colonialists against the might of Britian?

Probably made a lot of money on that bet.

God also helped the British sack Washington in 1814, right? God gave them clear enough weather to sail to the eastern coast of the united states and do his bidding.

God... why do you idiots believe that god is only looking out for you, if anybody at all. That's a fucking complex right there.

I'm just wondering why Bachmann can say it, but if anyone else does, it's an attack.

BTW...........last night David Letterman said that Issac is proof that God is a Woman.

Forum List

Back