Remember what you were warned about with egypt a few months back?

I remember.

I also remember being a young dumb shit who cheered when the Shah of Iran was overthrown, only to be replaced with Khomeini.

Unfortunately, there are too few people who take such object lessons to heart.

Yes I remeber that also but I did not cheer about it. I knew what was going to happen just like whats about to happen now.

Of course you did. :eusa_whistle:

LIAR WELSHED ON THE BET BE GONE BITCH:clap2:

The two go hand in hand. Democracies only exist until a majority of the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury. They then only vote for those who promise the most benefits for doing nothing. The nation falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and is replaced by a dictatorship.

Evidence?

Germany 1932
ancient rome and greece

Last edited:
Well I don't think I'm going to lose sleep over this one. Egypt's last war with Israel was over in 6 days. :lol:

I remember.

I also remember being a young dumb shit who cheered when the Shah of Iran was overthrown, only to be replaced with Khomeini.

Yes I remeber that also but I did not cheer about it. I knew what was going to happen just like whats about to happen now.
It's all over but the spin. IRAN is now saying WE are in an American Spring...I'm sure the meaning is lost on a bunch of wierd-beard islamics...that have no concept of true Liberty in such a Marxist Theocracy.

I remember.

It's all over but the spin. IRAN is now saying WE are in an American Spring...I'm sure the meaning is lost on a bunch of wierd-beard islamics...that have no concept of true Liberty in such a Marxist Theocracy.

I, for one, am little concerned about what the crazy people running Iran say.

I remember.

Spesking on the wall strret protest
You must get past the hupla and swril of the word "inhjustice' and look at who are the real handlers of this movement to see it what it is and what they stand for.

The two go hand in hand. Democracies only exist until a majority of the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury. They then only vote for those who promise the most benefits for doing nothing. The nation falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and is replaced by a dictatorship.

Evidence?

Germany 1932
ancient rome and greece

Athenians had democracy challenged, but always as a result of war, not from the public voting themselves into the treasury. It was finally dissolved by the Romans, long after Athens lost its independence. It never collapsed from economic means. I hope you're not planning on quoting me something from "The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic" by Alexander Fraser Tyler since that book doesn't exist.

Rome didn't fall apart until long after it had stopped being a Republic. It also expanded and became more prosperous after the Emperor. And the Republic did not become a dictatorship because of overspending, but through the ambitions of a general.

Even the Nazis in the Weimar Republic, who come closest to your premise, didn't capture a majority (only about 32%). And even then, I wouldn't call it people voting to gain access to the purse strings that bankrupted Germany. Germany had massive war debt and the Great Depression crippled the German banks. The public just opposed austerity in the face of economic disaster. The only way your point would hold any water is if you think the 1927 unemployment insurance caused Germany's economic crisis and I view that as ridiculous because of the world-wide depression.

Evidence?

Germany 1932
ancient rome and greece

Athenians had democracy challenged, but always as a result of war, not from the public voting themselves into the treasury. It was finally dissolved by the Romans, long after Athens lost its independence. It never collapsed from economic means. I hope you're not planning on quoting me something from "The Decline and Fall of the Athenian Republic" by Alexander Fraser Tyler since that book doesn't exist.

Rome didn't fall apart until long after it had stopped being a Republic. It also expanded and became more prosperous after the Emperor. And the Republic did not become a dictatorship because of overspending, but through the ambitions of a general.

Even the Nazis in the Weimar Republic, who come closest to your premise, didn't capture a majority (only about 32%). And even then, I wouldn't call it people voting to gain access to the purse strings that bankrupted Germany. Germany had massive war debt and the Great Depression crippled the German banks. The public just opposed austerity in the face of economic disaster. The only way your point would hold any water is if you think the 1927 unemployment insurance caused Germany's economic crisis and I view that as ridiculous because of the world-wide depression.

History proves me right no matter how you twist it, democracy is a danger to freedom and individual liberty's. It's the birth place of Dictatorships

Last edited:
With mubarak gone the peace that was may not be for very much longer. No one listen when I said Egypt would end the peace treay with Israel because of the muslim brotherhood influence.

And so what if everyone had ‘listened’ to you, were you advocating the US intervene and prop up Mubarak against the will of the Egyptian people? If so that’s fundamentally idiotic.

And the right needs to realize the fact that much of the ME’s radicalization resulted from GWB’s ill-considered and illegal invasion of Iraq.

Consequently conservatives are in no position to whine about events in the ME.

With mubarak gone the peace that was may not be for very much longer. No one listen when I said Egypt would end the peace treay with Israel because of the muslim brotherhood influence.

And so what if everyone had ‘listened’ to you, were you advocating the US intervene and prop up Mubarak against the will of the Egyptian people? If so that’s fundamentally idiotic.

And the right needs to realize the fact that much of the ME’s radicalization resulted from GWB’s ill-considered and illegal invasion of Iraq.

Against the will of the people? Would you support Lennin's over throw of the Czar of russia?

Against the will of the people? Would you support Lennin's over throw of the Czar of russia?
While using Unions and the people to get power...then outlaw the tools that you used?

SOP for Marxist/Communists/Fascists

While using Unions and the people to get power...then outlaw the tools that you used?

SOP for Marxist/Communists/Fascists

Yep not all democracy protest movements are not for the people by the people. They are for the handlers of the pupets who march.

Forum List

Back