Remember what you were warned about with egypt a few months back?

Ahh the spreading of democracy.....

That's exactly what this is, the spreading of democracy.

No one considered that the people of Egypt would quite democratically decide to slaughter the Coptic Christians. It was the dictator, Mubarak, that kept this from happening. There is no reason whatsoever, that would stop people from democratically voting to legalize honor killings or adopt strict shariah law. This is what democracy does.

Now they complain.

With mubarak gone the peace that was may not be for very much longer. No one listen when I said Egypt would end the peace treay with Israel because of the muslim brotherhood influence.

Egyptian warplanes defy pact with Israel

CAIRO: Egyptian warplanes are patrolling the Sinai without Israeli consent, despite a 1979 peace treaty limiting Egypt's military presence in the peninsula, Egypt's air force chief said.

Parts of the Sinai have been off limits to Egyptian troops under the terms of the 1979 treaty by which Israel agreed to end its occupation, but in recent months the army has deployed reinforcements

Read more: Egyptian warplanes defy pact with Israel
]

Hows that Middle east peace doing you now?

And what would you have had us do?

I'm more worried about this.

Last year, I had an Egyptian roommate. I decided to go back on Facebook and dig up his original posts when Mubarak fell. He doesn't really know a lot about Egyptian politics, though.

さっき母から聞いたんだけど ムバラク大統領が辞職したらしい みんなの望みや夢がかなった エジプト人おめでとうございます 次期大統領はだれ?
Recently, I heard from my mom that Mubarak resigned. Everyone's wishes and dreams came true. Congratulations, Egyptians. Who will the next president be?

He posted this two days later and it seems related:
人々の人生においては自由を感じるほど幸いことはない 
People are not happy until they can feel free in life. (I'm a bit rusty, so this translation may be off).

A few days before the fall of Mubarak:
エジプトはどうなってるの? みんな大丈夫なの? 本当にデモ運動したりストライキしたりしたら 政府が変わるのだろう 変わたらいいけど
What is Egypt becoming? Is everyone ok? If we really demonstrate and strike, I wonder if it'll change? It will be good if it changes.

With mubarak gone the peace that was may not be for very much longer. No one listen when I said Egypt would end the peace treay with Israel because of the muslim brotherhood influence.

CAIRO: Egyptian warplanes are patrolling the Sinai without Israeli consent, despite a 1979 peace treaty limiting Egypt's military presence in the peninsula, Egypt's air force chief said.

Parts of the Sinai have been off limits to Egyptian troops under the terms of the 1979 treaty by which Israel agreed to end its occupation, but in recent months the army has deployed reinforcements

]

You were warned that this would happen you want peace you are not going to get it until the jew are dead or the muslim are dead.

Which last longer
Dictatorships
Democracy

The two go hand in hand. Democracies only exist until a majority of the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury. They then only vote for those who promise the most benefits for doing nothing. The nation falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and is replaced by a dictatorship.

Right now we are at the point where people are voting for those candidates who promise the most benefits. We have people in the streets demanding more benefits for doing nothing. We have a regime in power that smells dictatorship in the air promising "If you just give us the power we will give you new I-Pods". We have really stupid and ignorant people who believe that once such power is given to the dictator he really WILL give eveyone that toy they have been pining over. They need do nothing but take drugs, screw and crap in the street as celebrating their freedom.

My only question is WHY would anyone believe the democrats? WHY?

Which last longer
Dictatorships
Democracy

The two go hand in hand. Democracies only exist until a majority of the people find they can vote themselves funds from the public treasury. They then only vote for those who promise the most benefits for doing nothing. The nation falls apart over such loose fiscal policy and is replaced by a dictatorship.

Right now we are at the point where people are voting for those candidates who promise the most benefits. We have people in the streets demanding more benefits for doing nothing. We have a regime in power that smells dictatorship in the air promising "If you just give us the power we will give you new I-Pods". We have really stupid and ignorant people who believe that once such power is given to the dictator he really WILL give eveyone that toy they have been pining over. They need do nothing but take drugs, screw and crap in the street as celebrating their freedom.

What people fail to realize is democracy is a threat to individual liberties.

I remember.

I also remember being a young dumb shit who cheered when the Shah of Iran was overthrown, only to be replaced with Khomeini.

Unfortunately, there are too few people who take such object lessons to heart.

Yes I remeber that also but I did not cheer about it. I knew what was going to happen just like whats about to happen now.

Of course you did. :eusa_whistle:

Which last longer
Dictatorships
Democracy

What people fail to realize is democracy is a threat to individual liberties.

Oh. THAT's a keeper! :clap2:

]

You were warned that this would happen you want peace you are not going to get it until the jew are dead or the muslim are dead.

Let me repeat the question. What would you have had us do? Specifically.

Evidence?

Forum List

Back