REMEMBER these Senators up for relection in 2012!

Senators have districts?
I stand corrected.

His cycle must run opposite of Martinez/Rubio.
I did skip voting in the GE the year W got re-elected.

If you don't vote-don't bitch.

Also if you don't even know who the two US senators from your own state are...you really don't know enough about politics. Go get educated, then come back. Thanks!
I didn't vote in that particular general election. I did vote in the primaries.
I admitted being wrong about 'districts'. I was going by not seeing him on my ballot.

As to my reasons for being against the bullet train; I thought I already said it was huge un-necessity.
It runs from Orlando to Tampa. So does I-4.
Why would I spend 10 bucks to ride a train when I can spend 5 on gas and drive? How do I get around once I get there?
Can't the 2 billion be better spent on adding lanes to I-4?

Next time ya'll see Bill lick his balls one extra time for Obama.
I'd think they were twins separated at birth if Nelson wasn't 5 times the democrat Barry is.
:eusa_shhh:

psh...WHO is a douche?

Gotta give you props tho...you did stand corrected, which is more than I can say for most of the right leaning, argument happy douchenags around here. :)
As a Senator, Bill Nelson is literally the anti-me.
Vote for vote, line by line he votes exactly opposite of my beliefs.

:cool:

yea, thats not hard to imagine...given the fact that a lot of people in central florida share your beliefs.

Luckily, in the name of progress, there were enough people around here who can see the truth of where this state and this country is heading, that Bill Nelson got voted in. Dont worry, we will take you with us when we make this place better. :D

Like Opie Dope make the country better these last two years? Put down the fucking crack pipe.

Bullet-Train and all, hunh??

sure dude! Look this place needs people working. Living in Central FL I am sure you are aware of the amount of foreclosed on homes there are in this area.

While I AM against the new bill signed into law by Obama, I WAS FOR the gov spending some dollars to try to increase some jobs. People working is what is going to help them remain solvent. If it is a bullet train or whatever is going to help people get back to work, even if it IS temporary.

BUILD the damn thing. Have you tried to travel on our major highways lately? What exactly IS your opposition to the bullet train???
Seems like a huge white elephant.
The idea isn't a bad one. Just as smaller classroom sizes was a good idea until we saw the price tag.
Just how many jobs will be created by the 2.1 billion$ ??
bullet train will create 7,000 new jobs
http://ruby.fgcu.edu/courses/ndemers/IDS3303/spr07/bullet%20train%202007/Bullet%20Train%20Webpage%201.htm
That's 300,000 per job.
Where do I sign up?
:eusa_whistle:

I don't know if your stats are any good or not, but employment has a ripple effect on the region. Those 7000 jobs could revive the whole area, as "invisible" jobs like transportation/delivery crop up, and all the restaurants, apartment complexes, gas stations and stores in the region start seeing new business.

As to cost-per-job, I never liked that sort of analysis... It assumes you're just handing the money directly to the worker, and ignores the fact that your getting something (in this case the bullet train) when it's all over. You're not just taking $2.1B and broadcasting it among 7000 individuals. You're buying the materials that go into the project as well.

Bill Nelson, FL, is no surprise.
I can't count the number of nasty-grams I've sent that douche.
He's not in my district, though.....

Senators have districts?

They think they have most won't take your emails if you don't live in their state which is total bullshit to me they get paid by everyone and what these morons do effect everybody lives with their votes and actions who is an American citizen. these employees of the people represent every citizen.

It'll be my pleasure to cast my vote for anybody but Stabenow in 2012. Demonrats learned NOTHING from this election. I expect them to continue pissing off the Americam people.

I stand corrected.

Also if you don't even know who the two US senators from your own state are...you really don't know enough about politics. Go get educated, then come back. Thanks!
I admitted being wrong about 'districts'. I was going by not seeing him on my ballot.

As to my reasons for being against the bullet train; I thought I already said it was huge un-necessity.
Why would I spend 10 bucks to ride a train when I can spend 5 on gas and drive? How do I get around once I get there?

I'd think they were twins separated at birth if Nelson wasn't 5 times the democrat Barry is.

No that wasnt made clear. However, I dont particularly consider it necessary, but I think it would be far better than adding yet one more lane to I-4. There are enough fools out there on that road not paying attention to what they are doing IMO. Im pretty sure there is a bus system in Tampa, and I feel that a lot of people going to events in Tampa, but staying in Orlando could make fine use of it. Considering that and the jobs it will create, I think it is a great idea. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

As a Senator, Bill Nelson is literally the anti-me.
Vote for vote, line by line he votes exactly opposite of my beliefs.

yea, thats not hard to imagine...given the fact that a lot of people in central florida share your beliefs.

Luckily, in the name of progress, there were enough people around here who can see the truth of where this state and this country is heading, that Bill Nelson got voted in. Dont worry, we will take you with us when we make this place better. :D

Like Opie Dope make the country better these last two years? Put down the fucking crack pipe.

oh, shut the hell up. You have no idea what you are talking about. My disdain for how president Obama has handled things so far is printed throughout this forum.

It's sad that the people we send to congress don't have the fortitude to do the right thing and vote for the Dream Act.

They did vote the Dream Act - they just voted AGAINST it. To many, that WAS the right thing.

I stand corrected.

I vote republican when Bill Nelson runs, can't stand the guy-nice try. I'm not a democrat (or a republican), but an independent and I will vote for members of both parties (and sometimes 3rd party).

As I said if you don't exercise your right, and privilege (as an American citizen that thousands and thousands of people have died for) to vote in this great democracy-don't whine when you don't get what you want. Also not knowing who your state senators are is pathetic-no matter how you wanna spin it.

No that wasnt made clear. However, I dont particularly consider it necessary, but I think it would be far better than adding yet one more lane to I-4. There are enough fools out there on that road not paying attention to what they are doing IMO. Im pretty sure there is a bus system in Tampa, and I feel that a lot of people going to events in Tampa, but staying in Orlando could make fine use of it. Considering that and the jobs it will create, I think it is a great idea. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.
It seems like it would only be beneficial to a very limited population for something that would be paid for by ALL of us

I'm from Tampa, and we have a bus system (that not many people use-it's not that efficient). And I-4 is pretty good at getting to Orlando to be honest, and I don't think we need another lane for it-I rarely get stuck in traffic really badly (although I must admit I don't drive during rush hour on it).

Yes it would create a lot of jobs across the state, lower unemployment, they pump more money into our economy, and the trains would be used a lot, especially by tourists (who make up so much of our economy) that want to go to different areas of the state.

I don't see how it would be bad for our economy here in Florida.

It seems like it would only be beneficial to a very limited population for something that would be paid for by ALL of us

Sales tax it was funds much of Florida's economy, from tourism, let alone the money they spend that stays here. I don't think I need to tell you that. Long term the train would allow tourists to visit different areas of Florida (they don't have a way to get around anyways-they usually don't drive here), thus helping the different areas of Florida.

-The more money the tourists spend, the more money the state makes
-The more money the state makes, the lower our taxes are
-How does this not effect every area of Florida?

Sales tax it was funds much of Florida's economy, from tourism, let alone the money they spend that stays here. I don't think I need to tell you that. Long term the train would allow tourists to visit different areas of Florida (they don't have a way to get around anyways-they usually don't drive here), thus helping the different areas of Florida.

-The more money the tourists spend, the more money the state makes
-The more money the state makes, the lower our taxes are
-How does this not effect every area of Florida?
Fair enough.
Our tourist population would benefit from it in much the same way they do from all the theme parks.

Forum List

Back