REMEMBER these Senators up for relection in 2012!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
While the Dream Act Amnesty Act didn't pass today.......THESE SENATORS VOTED FOR THE AMNESTY:

Analyzing The Votes In Our Defeat of the DREAM Act Amnesty in Senate Today | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

DEMOCRATS FACING RE-ELECTION COMPETITION IN 2012 WHO VOTED 'YES' FOR AMNESTY TODAY

Stabenow MI
McCaskill MO
Webb VA
Lieberman CT
Nelson FL
Klobuchar MN
Bingaman NM
Brown OH
Cantwell WA
Kohl WI

REPUBLICANS FACING RE-ELECTION COMPETITION IN 2012 WHO VOTED 'YES' FOR AMNESTY TODAY

Lugar IN

Bill Nelson, FL, is no surprise.
I can't count the number of nasty-grams I've sent that douche.
He's not in my district, though.....

Senators represent the whole State, unlike Congressmen. If you live in Florida he is your Senator.

Democrats need another 75 seat asskicking in 2012 and then lose 50 more in 2014

After the gang-raping they attempted to give the American people in the lame duck session.. it may very well happen. I've never seen a bunch as vindictive and hell-bent on just punishing Americans for giving them the boot.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

psh...WHO is a douche?

Gotta give you props tho...you did stand corrected, which is more than I can say for most of the right leaning, argument happy douchenags around here. :)

Democrats need another 75 seat asskicking in 2012 and then lose 50 more in 2014

well, too bad for you. The republicanx holding up the bill to help the first responders this week prolly just cost you those seats next term... You guys were doing relatively well too..

dammit :D

psh...WHO is a douche?

Gotta give you props tho...you did stand corrected, which is more than I can say for most of the right leaning, argument happy douchenags around here. :)
As a Senator, Bill Nelson is literally the anti-me.
Vote for vote, line by line he votes exactly opposite of my beliefs.

:cool:

psh...WHO is a douche?

As a Senator, Bill Nelson is literally the anti-me.
Vote for vote, line by line he votes exactly opposite of my beliefs.

:cool:

yea, thats not hard to imagine...given the fact that a lot of people in central florida share your beliefs.

Luckily, in the name of progress, there were enough people around here who can see the truth of where this state and this country is heading, that Bill Nelson got voted in. Dont worry, we will take you with us when we make this place better. :D

Bullet-Train and all, hunh??

sure dude! Look this place needs people working. Living in Central FL I am sure you are aware of the amount of foreclosed on homes there are in this area.

While I AM against the new bill signed into law by Obama, I WAS FOR the gov spending some dollars to try to increase some jobs. People working is what is going to help them remain solvent. If it is a bullet train or whatever is going to help people get back to work, even if it IS temporary.

BUILD the damn thing. Have you tried to travel on our major highways lately? What exactly IS your opposition to the bullet train???

sure dude! Look this place needs people working. Living in Central FL I am sure you are aware of the amount of foreclosed on homes there are in this area.

While I AM against the new bill signed into law by Obama, I WAS FOR the gov spending some dollars to try to increase some jobs. People working is what is going to help them remain solvent. If it is a bullet train or whatever is going to help people get back to work, even if it IS temporary.

BUILD the damn thing. Have you tried to travel on our major highways lately? What exactly IS your opposition to the bullet train???
Seems like a huge white elephant.
The idea isn't a bad one. Just as smaller classroom sizes was a good idea until we saw the price tag.
Just how many jobs will be created by the 2.1 billion$ ??
bullet train will create 7,000 new jobs
http://ruby.fgcu.edu/courses/ndemers/IDS3303/spr07/bullet%20train%202007/Bullet%20Train%20Webpage%201.htm
That's 300,000 per job.
Where do I sign up?
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Seems like a huge white elephant.
The idea isn't a bad one. Just as smaller classroom sizes was a good idea until we saw the price tag.
Just how many jobs will be created by the 2.1 billion$ ??
bullet train will create 7,000 new jobs
http://ruby.fgcu.edu/courses/ndemers/IDS3303/spr07/bullet%20train%202007/Bullet%20Train%20Webpage%201.htm
That's 300,000 per job.
Where do I sign up?
:eusa_whistle:

your link didnt work. Heres one which does. BTW, may as well put Paula Dockery (R) Lakeland on that list also hey?

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/story/scott-and-rail-ally-could-save-bullet-train

Cant seem to find any legit info about how many jobs it will create, but going with your assessment of 7,000...well, that is 7,000 less people who will be draining state unemployment pools, right?

Also, I think its a little disengenuous to say 300,000 per job. Some of that money will be used to actually BUILD it right? Not to mention the fact that aftrer it is built there will be permanent jobs available for people to drive it, secure it, maintain it, man it, etc... AND perhaps there will be fewer commuters on our way overcrowded and messed up thoroughfares, and hopefully, fewer accidents on those roads which will reduce demands on emergency personnel across the board.
Sorry, I see it as a win, win.

Again, what exactly IS your opposition to the bullet train?

edit: From this site:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/15/high.speed.rail/index.html

Florida's Department of Transportation claims close to 10,000 people would be employed in jobs directly related to the high-speed rail line during the height of construction and thousands more would be employed in indirect jobs.

Last edited:

Senators have districts?
I stand corrected.

His cycle must run opposite of Martinez/Rubio.
I did skip voting in the GE the year W got re-elected.

If you don't vote-don't bitch.

Also if you don't even know who the two US senators from your own state are...you really don't know enough about politics. Go get educated, then come back. Thanks!

Last edited:
It's sad that the people we send to congress don't have the fortitude to do the right thing and vote for the Dream Act.

Just what We the People need - four or more years run by one Party. Now you'd think we'd have learned our lessons during the disastrous Republican years. Wherein they tripled the size of government (while claiming not to believe in it), spent trillions on a meaningless winning-less war for their personal gains, and gave away the farm. Or perhaps soaked up a bit of knowledge from the do-nothing Democrats. But no, somehow the conservatives think the party of Dead Elephants gives a crap about them and after derailing the train is going to right it again. The only epiphany experienced here will be the complete state of shock when their boat upon denial sinks.

But then after watching American politics slime its way into infamy over the last three or four decades nothing surprises me. Except perhaps the fact that it seems if Americans have an option to choose a course of action which would benefit them as opposed to one guaranteed to harm them beneficially, they choose the latter. However, we also now live in a country where a women who doesn't know Africa is a continent, thinks experience in foreign affairs is the ability to see Russia from her front porch and quit her Gubernatorial responsibilities because she couldn't stand the heat has become some kind of over-night political celebrity. One who might by some happenstance be elected President. If that is the best we can do, perhaps we don't deserve to survive either as a nation or a people.

Just my opinion you understand.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back