Remember the promise of transperency, senate voted against it on health care reform.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Well, here we go again guys, remember the TRANSPERENCY Obama promised, remember the no stimulus stimulus bill that was signed before ANYONE had a chance to read it. Remember a week later after the bill was signed into law, the Failed AIG bonuses that were written into the plan. Chris Dodd with egg all over his face. Had any of these idiots read the bill they would have seen the bonuses. The democratic senate voted today to post a summary of the health care bill instead of the entire document, they say in order not to confuse us dummies that voted them in there. Do you trust that?? because I sure as hell don't. The republicans voted against this and want FULL DISCLOSURE. Time to e-mail your senators?? I already did.

Senators Debate Transparency of Health Care Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

What crap.

Finance

It won't be viewable in real time as they cut and paste and stall. CBS should be fired.

Ya'll should be too.

i don't want the bill, i want the explanation of each part of the bill....a summary and what it will cost.

the legal language of the bill won't tell us crap, in many areas...referring to the usc112 act line A subsection 2, 5th paragraph, replacing the word ''care'' with ''health care''...

i don't want to see that crap!

i want to KNOW what this bill does, how will it reduce the cost of MY HEALTH CARE insurance and that of fellow citizens, how will it insure more people and at what estimated cost....

but please do NOT give me a thousand pages of mumbo jumbo!

i don't want the bill, i want the explanation of each part of the bill....a summary and what it will cost.

the legal language of the bill won't tell us crap, in many areas...referring to the usc112 act line A subsection 2, 5th paragraph, replacing the word ''care'' with ''health care''...

i want to KNOW what this bill does, how will it reduce the cost of MY HEALTH CARE insurance and that of fellow citizens, how will it insure more people and at what estimated cost....

A brief synopsis: It won't.....Other than get the hell out of the way (an option that is completely off the table in this bill), nothing gubmint does ever makes anything less costly.

Last edited:

I'd rather have the 1000 pages and 2 notebooks and a week to go through it. I just dont trust the government to give me a FULL summary.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' -RR

The basic proposal is 223 pages. It's all there for anyone to see at the link. Complete transparency.

quitcherbitchin.

Care for all, you had better be reading that entire bill otherwise you will be fooled by it, when billions more go to clean up pig stink in some state or where bonuses are offered to some failed company.

The congress and the senate are notorious for slipping stuff in on midnight deals with this kind of stuff inserted in their bills. The bonuses for the Failed AIG were in the stimulus bill that no one read before they signed.

Last edited:
Obama promised "transperency". I remember hearing it in a great many of his campaign speeches. Let's add this to the ever growing list of his lies to the American public. I didn't buy into it then because I was smarter than the flock of liberal sheep that followed him around like he was the Pied Piper.

The basic proposal is 223 pages. It's all there for anyone to see at the link. Complete transparency.

quitcherbitchin.

Sure it is, would you be interested in buying some nice beach property in Florida, because I have some for sale.:lol:

I'd rather have the 1000 pages and 2 notebooks and a week to go through it. I just dont trust the government to give me a FULL summary.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' -RR

as long as we have the cbo mark(estimated long term costs) with the explanation, it will tell us enough, and we will have what CONGRESS interprets the passage of the bill to MEAN, which will then give us SOMETHING to hold them to the fire on imo!!!!!

I agree, I would like to see a full week on this monstrosity.

It was in my post.

Finance

These are not abbreviated synopses, these are the proposed bills/bills/amendments from the finance committee.

All the details are there. Geez you people are dense.

The amendments are on a list there too, blockhead. How would one know what to amend if one didn't know what was proposed?

Dense. You'd find equilibrium on Jupiter.

A little clarification here...

yes, "proposed" because they have not been voted on yet...getting the bill 72 hours before voting on it, WOULD ALSO be a "proposed" bill, not ''the bill'' because it has not been voted on yet...

WE WANT TO SEE the PROPOSED bill...NOT the Bill... the bill would be too late to do anything.

Forum List

Back