Remember The Photo Of The Soldier Carrying The Blanketed Critical Girl

GunnyL said:
Obviously he was caught on his way to one of many "black" torture facilities to shove bamboo slivers under her nails and make her talk. :rolleyes:

Did you look through his 'Show and Tell' post? :clap: :clap:
I think he is going to be quite famous for both photos and writings.

Countless people have asked for reprints, but I wanted to give the matter some thought. I did not want to diminish the symbolism of this photograph, and the American soldiers who risked their lives to save this little girl.
but it still didnt stop him from making 175.00 a print though.

Johnney said:
but it still didnt stop him from making 175.00 a print though.

Framed. I begrudge him none of it. He spent months there, financed by himself. Finally he is starting to get some notice.

...Many people say this is the most important photograph of the Iraq war. Some have called it "a national treasure." The image most completely embodies my experience throughout Iraq.

Countless people have asked for reprints, but I wanted to give the matter some thought. I did not want to diminish the symbolism of this photograph, and the American soldiers who risked their lives to save this little girl.

I more than espoused this belief, I lived it: I have not accepted advertisements on this site, and my first 7 months of work in Iraq were completely without compensation. When I reached the point where my equipment was ruined and my resources exhausted, I had to choose between stopping the work altogether or rethinking my independence. I solved both problems by accepting reader support...

I did not want to diminish the symbolism of this photograph
this was the part i was reffering too.
and yes he did it his self, props to him for it thats for sure.

Forum List

Back