Remember the Peak oil fairly tale?

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The Bakken gets bigger - likely a LOT bigger
Friday, June 13, 2014
Oil producers are now “cracking the code” on the Torquay, or Three Forks formation below the Bakken, and coming up with incredible economics—these wells are paying back in only seven months.

This news has completely re-invigorated the Canadian side of the Bakken. And on the US side, the Three Forks is causing industry to leap-frog estimates of the amount of recoverable oil available–by about 57%! OilVoice | The Bakken gets bigger - likely a LOT bigger - Page 1

I've heard all sorts of crazy shit in my 37 years as an oil baron (as I've been called).

As far back as the ought-70's folks would tell me that we should stop producing hydrocarbons in the U.S., and save them for later while importing from overseas. :lol:

The Bakken gets bigger - likely a LOT bigger
Friday, June 13, 2014
Oil producers are now “cracking the code” on the Torquay, or Three Forks formation below the Bakken, and coming up with incredible economics—these wells are paying back in only seven months.

Sure, but then some Bakken wells do as well. Plus they have learned how to drill all these things faster, therefore cheaper. Once upon a time I would spend a month drilling 5000' of lateral section in a horizontal well. In the Marcellus they are now accomplishing these sorts of things in days, I can't imagine they are much slower in the Bakken and Three Forks formations of North Dakota.

ManOnTheStreet said:
This news has completely re-invigorated the Canadian side of the Bakken.

Maybe. But it hasn't changed the amount of water produced per unit of oil now has it? :lol:

ManOnTheStreet said:
And on the US side, the Three Forks is causing industry to leap-frog estimates of the amount of recoverable oil available–by about 57%! OilVoice | The Bakken gets bigger - likely a LOT bigger - Page 1

Industry ALWAYS claims things are bigger, the current USGS estimates for both Bakken and Three Forks run about 7+ billion at the mean. I believe the EIA numbers calculated from their most recently released assumptions documents is close to 8 or 9 maybe?

So a minor oil discovery means there no peak oil?

That's very peculiar logic.

The Bakken/Three Forks producing area is one of the largest producing oil fields in the western hemisphere as of late.

And peak oil is a religion, the acolytes of whom really don't know anything about oil. Or the engineering of creating oil production. Or economics. Or math. Or geology. Or energy. They pretty much don't know anything, and as with all religious organizations, they are hell on wheels when it comes to pimping their favorite fear.

Lost in the argument is the inconvenient fact that the freaking world depends on oil. Solar energy is nothing but a hobby while windmills kill migratory birds and produce about 2% of the energy grid. Why do liberals keep shooting themselves in the foot by pretending that oil companies are the enemy?

but still if it turns out there are huge pools of oil there and dont let it be developed ......still doesnt make sense judging by their past actions

gee didnt know that.......come on......Obama wants to find more to put them off limit.....whats your point.......timing of this still puzzles

The U.S. is now the second largest fossil fuel producer in the world. So why are gasoline and diesel prices still out of this world? Because it isn't being sold here. It is being sent overseas.

Lost in the argument is the inconvenient fact that the freaking world depends on oil. Solar energy is nothing but a hobby while windmills kill migratory birds and produce about 2% of the energy grid. Why do liberals keep shooting themselves in the foot by pretending that oil companies are the enemy?

I spent 13 years pulling their corroded and leaking underground storage tanks out of the ground. If you think they are your friend, you are deluding yourself.

The U.S. is now the second largest fossil fuel producer in the world. So why are gasoline and diesel prices still out of this world? Because it isn't being sold here. It is being sent overseas.

Yeah...that tricky fungible commodity problem. The good news being that on an energy security level, we are far less vulnerable to energy shocks most other folks on the planet.

Forum List

Back