Remember the Madison protests?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Amelia, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Time's person of the year is 'The Protestor' but Time didn't consider those hoards of protestors in Madison, WI worth naming .....

"In the U.S., three acute and overlapping money crises — tanked economy, systemic financial recklessness, gigantic public debt — along with ongoing revelations of double dealing by banks, new state laws making certain public-employee-union demands illegal and the refusal of Congress to consider even slightly higher taxes on the very highest incomes mobilized Occupy Wall Street and its millions of supporters."

Read more: The Protester - Person of the Year 2011

Mobilized OWS?

The local news in Green Bay cast this as a snub. I sort of want to say :eusa_boohoo: to that since I am a Walker supporter, but seriously ... this is a shoddy account of the protest movement in the U.S. during this year.

On a somewhat related note I smile to hear that Paul Ryan was a runner-up. Time called him the most influential American politician of the year and added:

"Through a combination of hard work, good timing and possibly suicidal guts, the Wisconsin Republican managed to harness his party to a dramatic plan for dealing with America's rapidly rising public debt."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. Amelia

Amelia BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,119
    Poor anti-Walkerites. Already on their way to being a footnote in history and nobody cares. ;)

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Fame is fleeting but obscurity is forever, Amelia.:lol: