Remember the liberals crying and whining about wiretapping?

Continued Wars – Check
Continued Bail outs – Check
Continued Government HC – Check
Continued Torture – Check
Guantanamo still going – Check
Recession still going strong – Check
Government stimulus still has no affect – check
Pushing for Amnesty of illegal’s – Check
Homeland security expanded – Check
Wire taps being expanded – check

Is there really anything Obama is different on than Bush?

Why were there so many protests and unhappy liberals under Bush but somehow today everything they hated Bush doing seems to be ok under Obama?

Why ..... Do you hate America?

I concur with the ACLU on this:

“Under the guise of a technical fix, the government looks to be taking one more step toward conducting easy dragnet collection of Americans’ most private communications. Mandating that all communications software be accessible to the government is a huge privacy invasion. With concern over cybersecurity at an all-time high, this proposal will create even more security risks by mandating that our communications have a ‘backdoor’ for government use and will make our online interactions even more vulnerable.

“Congress must reject the Obama administration’s proposal to make the Internet wiretap ready.”

So do I.

The way I read it, this isn't merely wiretapping.

The government would require all communication programs as well as cell phone software to have a back door access built in specifically for government use.

That goes way beyond mere wiretapping.

To better track criminals, U.S. wants to be able to wiretap online communications.

By CHARLIE SAVAGE, New York Times

WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations of the Internet, arguing that their ability to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects is "going dark" as people increasingly communicate online instead of by telephone.

Essentially, officials want Congress to require all services that enable communications -- including encrypted e-mail transmitters such as BlackBerry, social networking websites such as Facebook and software that allows direct "peer-to-peer" messaging such as Skype -- to be technically capable of complying if served with a wiretap order. The mandate would include being able to intercept and unscramble encrypted messages.

The legislation, which the Obama administration plans to submit to Congress next year, raises fresh questions about how to balance security needs with protecting privacy and fostering technological innovation.

Wiretapped phones, now Internet? | StarTribune.com

Seems they have no problem supporting Obamay doing it with the approval of majority of democrats in congress.

Damn you fucking retarded democrat=liberals get exposed daily for the lying hypocrites you are.

The topic of this thread has nothing to do with Democratic of Republican administrations. The sad fact is that "federal officials law enforcement officials" are, well . . . federal law enforcement officials, and that should say it all. It always has been, and it always will be, that law enforcement officials want to do whatever they can to catch the bad guys and they generally view the Constitution as a bothersome impediment to doing so.

So please don't try to make the zealousness of law enforcement into a partisan issue. Law enforcement is going to act like law enforcement regardless of who is in the White House.

You know this thread could have been written differently and actually gotten somewhere. Blaming liberal hypocrisy just makes you sound like someone with an axe to grind...not someone with something real to say.

I don't know of any liberals outside of Washington who want more wiretapping. I'm a centrist who leans to the left and I sure as hell don't. But I do think that the law is going to have to catch up with technology.

This idea that the internet is some wild wild west that should never have any restrictions on it is retarded and backwards. Your phone can get tapped legally...why should any other, equal, alternative method of communication be different.

A wiretap is like any weapon or instrument...can it be used incorrectly? yes. should it be outlawed because it can be misused? fuck no.

Forum List

Back