Remember the liberals crying and whining about wiretapping?

Lost Soul

Sep 23, 2009
To better track criminals, U.S. wants to be able to wiretap online communications.

By CHARLIE SAVAGE, New York Times

WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations of the Internet, arguing that their ability to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects is "going dark" as people increasingly communicate online instead of by telephone.

Essentially, officials want Congress to require all services that enable communications -- including encrypted e-mail transmitters such as BlackBerry, social networking websites such as Facebook and software that allows direct "peer-to-peer" messaging such as Skype -- to be technically capable of complying if served with a wiretap order. The mandate would include being able to intercept and unscramble encrypted messages.

The legislation, which the Obama administration plans to submit to Congress next year, raises fresh questions about how to balance security needs with protecting privacy and fostering technological innovation.

Wiretapped phones, now Internet? | StarTribune.com

Seems they have no problem supporting Obamay doing it with the approval of majority of democrats in congress.

Damn you fucking retarded democrat=liberals get exposed daily for the lying hypocrites you are.

I concur with the ACLU on this:

“Under the guise of a technical fix, the government looks to be taking one more step toward conducting easy dragnet collection of Americans’ most private communications. Mandating that all communications software be accessible to the government is a huge privacy invasion. With concern over cybersecurity at an all-time high, this proposal will create even more security risks by mandating that our communications have a ‘backdoor’ for government use and will make our online interactions even more vulnerable.

“Congress must reject the Obama administration’s proposal to make the Internet wiretap ready.”

The Internet has been under constant surveillance since at least the mid 90's why the fuck is this news to anyone?

The Internet has been under constant surveillance since at least the mid 90's why the fuck is this news to anyone?

its not the same at all. one the big changes would be things like skype (that currently can't be monitored due to encryption) would have to allow a loophole for eavsedropping with a warrant. Its similar for a bunch of other protocols that can't really be monitored due to encryption and other technologis. Tor would be another big target I assume and so would off-the-record.

its not the same at all. one the big changes would be things like skype (that currently can't be monitored due to encryption) would have to allow a loophole for eavsedropping with a warrant. Its similar for a bunch of other protocols that can't really be monitored due to encryption and other technologis. Tor would be another big target I assume and so would off-the-record.

The NSA?Homeland Insecurity is watching SKYPE and everything else

The NSA?Homeland Insecurity is watching SKYPE and everything else

The nsa maybe... skype has been pretty well beat on publicly by experts and hasn't feel. outside of the nsa bribing/extorting the skype developers, I don't they they will be able to do it.

It would also mean that people who actually investigate crimes that aren't of serious national security (local, state police, field fbi, etc) don't have access to the code that could decrypt skype conversations

It makes it news because obama said he was going to repeal the patriot act

In 2003, Obama provided the following answers to those three questions...

Would you vote to repeal the Patriot Act?

Yes, I would vote to repeal the U.S. Patriot Act, although I would consider replacing that shoddy and dangerous law with a new, carefully crafted proposal that addressed in a much more limited fashion the legitimate needs of law enforcement in combating terrorism (for example, permitting a warrant for the interception of cell phone calls, and not just land-based phones to accommodate changes in technology).

Obama flip-flops on Patriot Act & other issues

People you better get off your dead asses because the beast is hungry for freedom and his name is obamanation

Do you REALLY think that there is any commercial encryption out there that the NSA can't break, and hasn't been able to break for years?

Whats the problem ? We have enemies we cant identify ?
They are White .
They have jobs.
They have read the Constitution .
Bring in the UN.

I didn't support this under Bush. I still don't support this under Obama.

Where's the hypocrisy, exactly?

:clap2:

the hypocrisy would be in the fact that you are an exception to the norm right now.

When Bush did it. Liberals screamed from the roof tops non stop about it. The Liberal Media covered it constantly.

Now that it is Obama doing it. You have the rare Lib such as yourself speaking out against it. However over all the left is much much more quiet about it now.

Do you REALLY think that there is any commercial encryption out there that the NSA can't break, and hasn't been able to break for years?

yes... the nsa doesn't have magic powers they are stopped by math and current computing capabilities

yes... the nsa doesn't have magic powers they are stopped by math and current computing capabilities

You do realize that the NSA most likely has computers MUCH more powerful than what you consider current.

In the infancy of computers, they had one that took up a room, and was thousands of times faster and more powerful than anything you could buy, and for a long time, It was secret.

It is YOUR boys mandating it not Bush, where is the crying and wailing against the oppressor Obama?

Only because the DOJ wants the right to use anything it mines in court in civilian criminal trials instead of merely to monitor cross border communication between terrorists home and abroad.

But they are still asking for this authority under the provision that a legal warrant is provided by a judge.

But I agree with you, they screen everything anyway, everything. Why IS this new authority necessary? Because it forces all inet service providers into a compliance mode. And eliminates any pretense of encryption firewalls.

Hackers must all be united in frenetic laughter.

This is a door that can't be opened without it being continually crashed.

It is YOUR boys mandating it not Bush, where is the crying and wailing against the oppressor Obama?

what are you talking dumbass? Obama is not my boy and who I voted for was against the patriot act, fisa updates, and everything else the neocons bush and obama have shoved down our throrats in the name of freedumb

You do realize that the NSA most likely has computers MUCH more powerful than what you consider current.

In the infancy of computers, they had one that took up a room, and was thousands of times faster and more powerful than anything you could buy, and for a long time, It was secret.

no they don't actually. there computing capabilities come simply b/c they have tens/hundreds of data centers they can utilize

Continued Wars – Check
Continued Bail outs – Check
Continued Government HC – Check
Continued Torture – Check
Guantanamo still going – Check
Recession still going strong – Check
Government stimulus still has no affect – check
Pushing for Amnesty of illegal’s – Check
Homeland security expanded – Check
Wire taps being expanded – check

Is there really anything Obama is different on than Bush?

Bush = one of America's worst Presidents and yet Obama = one of America's best Presidents?? Maybe it's like that Nobel prize Obama won... He gets credit for existing, not what he does while he exists.
Why were there so many protests and unhappy liberals under Bush but somehow today everything they hated Bush doing seems to be ok under Obama?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu

Forum List

Back