Remember The Bush Hitler

I agree. But as long as the protesters aren't breaking the law, I don't think the family is immune from seeing protesters.

Now, things can go over the line, so in most cases I agree with you.

But standing at the foot of a 1/4 mile long driveway for a half hour before driving to the next house? Not really interfering with "family".

But obviously that is not what happened with the banker, right? There's more than just a tad of that whacky preacher family that shows up at military funerals going on here.

Yes, of course. But that's the thing, also. Just like the Westboro bugfuck crazies, they have the right to do it.

And you saw me say it was illegal? I don't think so. Just fascinated that you would have that type of role model. *shrug*

tumblr_lg0hu20oCp1qbpo86o1_500.gif

Last edited:
But obviously that is not what happened with the banker, right? There's more than just a tad of that whacky preacher family that shows up at military funerals going on here.

Yes, of course. But that's the thing, also. Just like the Westboro bugfuck crazies, they have the right to do it.

And you saw me say it was illegal? I don't think so. Just fascinated that you would have that type of role model. *shrug*

Eh?

Who do you think is my "role model"?

Eh?

Who do you think is my "role model"?

There's this notion of common decency. Westboro folks haven't any use for it, seems you don't either. Granted, you cite the example earlier that you claim to have helped organize against AIG executive, but without much effort, easy enough to find a myriad of examples where things got out of hand with such tactics on private property. To claim the too often probable outcome would be intimidation, not only of the target but their family crosses the line of common decency.

Once again, legal? Yes. Reasonable? Not so much.

and how liberals now complain about Obama being called a fascist?

Get ready to the next level of incivility without end, once again brought by the left:

Group targets Speaker Boehner

Group targets Speaker Boehner’s (small-h) house
Comments (0) "BookmarkShare PrintPrint
By: Barbara Hollingsworth 02/17/11 3:56 PM
Local Opinion Editor

When did demonstrating at the private homes of politicians or corporate executives become an acceptable way to voice one’s political opinions?

Nearly two dozen activists from DC Vote swarmed House Speaker John Boehner’s Capitol Hill residence at 7:30 Thursday morning, chanting “Don’t tread of D.C.” and “No taxation without representation” to protest congressional “meddling” in the District’s local affairs, in particular a House continuing budget resolution that would cut $80 million in federal payments and prohibit the city from using local funds to pay for needle exchange programs and abortions.

“Speaker Boehner is coming to our home telling us how to spend our money,” Ilir Zherka, the group’s executive director, told his followers. “We decided to come to his house to tell him to leave D.C. alone.”​

After Capitol Police officers blocked their way by using bikes to erect a makeshift barricade, the protestors remained outside Boehner’s home for more than an hour.

This is the same tactic used last month by protestors who don’t want Wal-Mart to open a new store in D.C. As DCist reported:

…Instead of demonstrating at one of the possible Walmart locations or making their opinions known to members of the D.C. Council, the protesters descended on the Woodley Park home of Dick Knapp, an executive at Foulger-Pratt, the company that is set to develop the Georgia Avenue Walmart.​

You can't touch this, has just changed to You can run, but you can't hide. Bush, Cheney, Rummy, and Rice are getting smeared everytime they go public. I see it as a good thing for the elite who want to fuck American lives up, that they are very close, so very close to the public when the public wants to get close.

Get ready to the next level of incivility without end, once again brought by the left:

Group targets Speaker Boehner

Group targets Speaker Boehner’s (small-h) house
Comments (0) "BookmarkShare PrintPrint
By: Barbara Hollingsworth 02/17/11 3:56 PM
Local Opinion Editor

When did demonstrating at the private homes of politicians or corporate executives become an acceptable way to voice one’s political opinions?

Nearly two dozen activists from DC Vote swarmed House Speaker John Boehner’s Capitol Hill residence at 7:30 Thursday morning, chanting “Don’t tread of D.C.” and “No taxation without representation” to protest congressional “meddling” in the District’s local affairs, in particular a House continuing budget resolution that would cut $80 million in federal payments and prohibit the city from using local funds to pay for needle exchange programs and abortions.

“Speaker Boehner is coming to our home telling us how to spend our money,” Ilir Zherka, the group’s executive director, told his followers. “We decided to come to his house to tell him to leave D.C. alone.”​

After Capitol Police officers blocked their way by using bikes to erect a makeshift barricade, the protestors remained outside Boehner’s home for more than an hour.

This is the same tactic used last month by protestors who don’t want Wal-Mart to open a new store in D.C. As DCist reported:

…Instead of demonstrating at one of the possible Walmart locations or making their opinions known to members of the D.C. Council, the protesters descended on the Woodley Park home of Dick Knapp, an executive at Foulger-Pratt, the company that is set to develop the Georgia Avenue Walmart.​

You can't touch this, has just changed to You can run, but you can't hide. Bush, Cheney, Rummy, and Rice are getting smeared everytime they go public. I see it as a good thing for the elite who want to fuck American lives up, that they are very close, so very close to the public when the public wants to get close.

All elites. All public.

Protests outside their houses? Oh, the poor politicians. Whatever will they do?

Can't wait to see when it's those of the other side. Then we'll hear how 'uncivil, even threatening' those protesters are. :doubt:

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. I called out the libs who complained about tea party protests.

I support everyone's right to protest, even when they're wrong.

I do too.... but not at anyone's home. Remember when ACORN bussed 700 people out to protest outside the home of some CEO.... he wasn't home, but his children were. How would you like to have a rabid crowd of 700 whackjobs chanting hateful crap outside your home when you weren't there.... but your 14 year old kid was there on his own?

Is there absolutely no standard of acceptable behavior anymore? To say 'they have a right to protest' is a fucking cop out. Have a spine and draw a line about acceptable behavior.

Uhh, two dozen activists suddenly defines "the left"? I may not agree with what these people are doing by protesting outside a politician's home but that's no reason to paint such a wide brush.

I do too.... but not at anyone's home. Remember when ACORN bussed 700 people out to protest outside the home of some CEO.... he wasn't home, but his children were. How would you like to have a rabid crowd of 700 whackjobs chanting hateful crap outside your home when you weren't there.... but your 14 year old kid was there on his own?

Is there absolutely no standard of acceptable behavior anymore? To say 'they have a right to protest' is a fucking cop out. Have a spine and draw a line about acceptable behavior.

I'm not sure why you mangled the facts when it was in the article.

1.) It wasn't 700 people.

2.) It wasn't ACORN.

3.) Children implies more than one, there was only child there. Least you got the age right though.

4.) He wasn't some CEO, he was deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America.

Last May, 500 screaming, placard-waving members of the Service Employees International Union descended on the home of Greg Baer, deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America, and stood on his front porch to protest foreclosures, terrifying Baer’s 14-year-old son, who was home alone at the time. As Baer’s next-door neighbor, Fortune Magazine’s Nina Easton, pointed out, Baer is a lifelong Democrat who had worked for the Clinton Treasury Department. His wife, Shirley Sagawa, is a former adviser to Hillary Clinton.

Uhh, two dozen activists suddenly defines "the left"? I may not agree with what these people are doing by protesting outside a politician's home but that's no reason to paint such a wide brush.

It's not the first time that the left have used this tactic. Intimidating families and frightening other people's children seems to be a growing trend with left wing 'protesters'. But, hey, they don't 'break the law' so it's all good, huh? Never mind that everyone - every single individual in this country - has the right to live in peace in their own homes.

People who do this are no different to the scum that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church, in my opinion.

I'm not sure why you mangled the facts when it was in the article.

1.) It wasn't 700 people.

2.) It wasn't ACORN.

3.) Children implies more than one, there was only child there. Least you got the age right though.

4.) He wasn't some CEO, he was deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America.

Last May, 500 screaming, placard-waving members of the Service Employees International Union descended on the home of Greg Baer, deputy general counsel for corporate law at Bank of America, and stood on his front porch to protest foreclosures, terrifying Baer’s 14-year-old son, who was home alone at the time. As Baer’s next-door neighbor, Fortune Magazine’s Nina Easton, pointed out, Baer is a lifelong Democrat who had worked for the Clinton Treasury Department. His wife, Shirley Sagawa, is a former adviser to Hillary Clinton.

So shoot me... 500 people, and there was one kid in the house.... the other (12 years old) had to hide in his dad's car while hid dad had to access his own home - through the back to rescue his 14 year old kid.

And... this group the SEIU... they're connected to ACORN.

That you justify this behavior is disgusting.

"We use the power of persuasion, and if that doesn't work, we use the persuasion of power" Andy Stern, President SEIU

Last edited:

It's not the first time that the left have used this tactic. Intimidating families and frightening other people's children seems to be a growing trend with left wing 'protesters'.
But, hey, they don't 'break the law' so it's all good, huh? Never mind that everyone - every single individual in this country - has the right to live in peace in their own homes.

People who do this are no different to the scum that call themselves the Westboro Baptist Church, in my opinion.
Link?

Forum List

Back