Remember the 1980's?

Do you miss me now?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
lol call whatever bullshit you want retard...you can link all the wiki all you want...I know people that actually do the fucking job...I'll take their word over your bullshit links

Reagan spent record highs for the time. The reason the cold war ended was due to the collapse of the Soviet economy due to a mixture of the war in Afghanistan (in which we funded Osama Bin Laden) and trying to keep up with our defense spending.

So let's get that checklist out:

1.) Numerous tax raises under his Administration.

2.) Expansion of Government.

3.) Iran-Contra.

4.) Giving CIA training, funding, and weapons to Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

5.) Giving Saddam Hussein weapons to go and kill Iran.

6.) Ignoring AIDS

7.) He said Jefferson David was a "hero of his" in 1980.

8.) Did not support the creation of Martin Luther King holiday.

9.) Supported South Africa despite of the apartheid.

10.) Ramped up the oppressive "War on Drugs" to new levels.

And the beat goes on. So no, I don't miss a Reagan Administration.

Don't know where you get your facts from but I worked through the 1980's. Taxes by Reagan's second term were at 11% where as before it was 33%.
Taxes, plural, are more than just income taxes. You show only Reagan's income tax cut but not his 8 tax increases in the 6 years that followed his one and only tax cut in 1981.

The net effect of his 8 tax increases was an overall increase in the tax burden of the middle class.

In 1980, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates, middle-income families with children paid 8.2 percent of their income in income taxes, and 9.5 percent in payroll taxes. By 1988 the income tax share was down to 6.6 percent but the payroll tax share was up to 11.8 percent, and the combined burden was up from 17.7% to 18.4%, shifting some of the tax burden from the PROGRESSIVE income tax to the REGRESSIVE payroll tax.

Here is a list of Reagan's tax increases after his ONLY tax cut in 1981.

First term

1. Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982

2. Highway Revenue Act of 1982

3. Social Security Amendments of 1983

4. Interest and Dividend Tax Compliance Act of 1983

5. Deficit Reduction Act of 1984

Second term

6. Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985

7. Tax Reform Act of 1986

8. Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987

Reagan was the worst President in modern times, he made the catastrophe that was George W. Bush possible. He helped destroy the working class and education, he was too slow to act on AIDs and should have been impeached for Iran Contra. He ran from Beirut giving terrorism a boost. He was an actor lost without his index cards. The myth that is Reagan is a fantasy that never dies.

OpEdNews - Article: Ronald Reagan: Worst President Ever?

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

http://www.thepotomacjournal.com/newpotomac-zasadil.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0607-09.htm
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20040628/editors
http://dir.salon.com/story/opinion/feature/2004/06/07/reagan/
Ronald Reagan page

Last edited:
This is why they have to distort them so often.

The ten facts I offered up have not been disproven. Still waiting on that.
Neither have they been proven...just offered up as facts.

Reagan respected the office he held...would not enter the Oval Office without a jacket and tie. Reagan respected the constitution. Reagan respected the American people. Reagan held his standards high. He was a far greater President than most coming before him and all that have followed.
CON$ are pathological liars! Everything they say about St Ronnie is a lie.

dwf15752917on4.jpg

U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs one of six Fiscal Year 1989 Appropriation Bills in the Oval Office

Last edited:
Reagan was the worst President in modern times, he made the catastrophe that was George W. Bush possible. He helped destroy the working class and education, he was too slow to act on AIDs and should have been impeached for Iran Contra. He ran from Beirut giving terrorism a boost. He was an actor lost without his index cards. The myth that is Reagan is a fantasy that never dies.

"....there's a growing realization that the starting point for many of the catastrophes confronting the United States today can be traced to Reagan's presidency. There's also a grudging reassessment that the "failed"- presidents of the 1970s--Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter--may deserve more credit for trying to grapple with the problems that now beset the country."

The Potomac - Mike Z

Ronald Reagan's Legacy
The Reagan Legacy
The Reagan legacy - Salon.com
Ronald Reagan page

lol you are so fucking stupid.

yes carter deserves a lot of credit...He gave Reagan an all but dead economy...double digit inflation...and Reagan gave us one of the fastest growing economies in American history

You're partisan hackery is astonishing...

In exchange for trying to end the Cold War. He armed many of our future enemies. What's that old saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Like who? Name three.
You are blaming him because he couldn't predict the future? That's some claim.

Oh my, you're going to regret that comment. How often does Obama get slammed for not abiding by his claim that unemployment won't rise above 8%? Or that he will close Gitmo? Or the myriad other things that in less than a year he hasn't miraculously accomplished yet because he doesn't have a fucking crystal ball either and can't predict even tomorrow, let alone, another year from now?
There's a huge difference between prognosticating 20 or 30 years down the road in Reagan's case and 8 months down the road in Obama's. It didnt take a genius to figure out that Obama could not have closed Gitmo in the time he promised, or that his stimulus would be an enormous failure. Plenty of people at the time they were proposed said this. No one said bin Laden would become an enemy of the US, or that Iraq would invade Kuwait and trigger the US response in twenty or thirty years.

The Potomac - Mike Z

Ronald Reagan's Legacy
The Reagan Legacy
Ronald Reagan page
Thanks for further proving that liberals are friggin' idiots!

If a moderate governor from a liberal state ran today on the same platforms that Reagan ran on in the 1980's, he'd be lucky of the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, and Beck didn't tear him up and spit him out.

Horseshit. He'd be a damn sight better than what we got right now.

How'd Mitt do in the primaries? He's the closest you'll see in a generation to Reagan.

You missed the point of the bolded quote. Reagan would have a pretty hard time getting elected today. He'd probably do ok in the general, but the Modern Conservatives would chew him up and spit him out. The real Ronald Reagan, not the "Saint Ronnie" of conservative bed time stories, was a pretty good President. But he was hardly the patron saint of Conservatism he's made out to be.

The ten facts I offered up have not been disproven. Still waiting on that.

Reagan respected the office he held...would not enter the Oval Office without a jacket and tie. Reagan respected the constitution. Reagan respected the American people. Reagan held his standards high. He was a far greater President than most coming before him and all that have followed.

dwf15752917on4.jpg

U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs one of six Fiscal Year 1989 Appropriation Bills in the Oval Office
I stand corrected on that one statement. Thank you.

Reagan was a far greater President than most coming before him and all that have followed. Of course that's a subjective opinion and cannot be proved to those that differ with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

dwf15752917on4.jpg

Reagan was a far greater President than most coming before him and all that have followed. Of course that's a subjective opinion and cannot be proved to those that differ with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
As the photo shows, you base your opinion of Reagan on the info that came from the same sources who lied to you about him always wearing his jacket out of "respect" for the Oval Office, and not on any of your own checking what they say, simply because it is what you want to believe.

Your opinions are based on your FAITH in the EMOTIONAL religion of CON$ervatism. :lol:

Ended COld War, check.
Reined in air traffic controllers, check.
Deregulated industry, check
Vetoed milk price support from his hospital bed, check
Ushered in longest GDP expansion in post WW2 history, check
Made America a force in the world again, check.

Yup, I'd say Reagan managed to turn back the shitstorm that was Carter and then some. I hope we can find someone that capable after Obama.

In exchange for trying to end the Cold War. He armed many of our future enemies. What's that old saying? The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Is the road to heaven paved with bad intentions?

George Washington fought for the British Army. There is no way in hell Reagan could ever have predicted anything Bin Laden has done. Lots of people could have stopped Bin Laden. If I am not mistaken, Wild Bill had the chance too.

Ended COld War, check.
Reined in air traffic controllers, check.
Deregulated industry, check
Vetoed milk price support from his hospital bed, check
Ushered in longest GDP expansion in post WW2 history, check
Made America a force in the world again, check.

Yup, I'd say Reagan managed to turn back the shitstorm that was Carter and then some. I hope we can find someone that capable after Obama.

Is the road to heaven paved with bad intentions?

George Washington fought for the British Army. There is no way in hell Reagan could ever have predicted anything Bin Laden has done. Lots of people could have stopped Bin Laden. If I am not mistaken, Wild Bill had the chance too.
Not true! GOP Congressman Dana Rohrabacker, who was involved in Reagan's giving stingers to St Ronnie's "Freedom Fighters," knew Osama wanted to kill Americans as much as the Russians when Reagan armed him.

The only thing Reagan might not have known was exactly how OBL would kill Americans, but he surely knew OBL wanted to kill Americans when he armed him and thus made him a powerful leader in the ME.

Like who? Name three.
You are blaming him because he couldn't predict the future? That's some claim.

Oh my, you're going to regret that comment. How often does Obama get slammed for not abiding by his claim that unemployment won't rise above 8%? Or that he will close Gitmo? Or the myriad other things that in less than a year he hasn't miraculously accomplished yet because he doesn't have a fucking crystal ball either and can't predict even tomorrow, let alone, another year from now?
There's a huge difference between prognosticating 20 or 30 years down the road in Reagan's case and 8 months down the road in Obama's. It didnt take a genius to figure out that Obama could not have closed Gitmo in the time he promised, or that his stimulus would be an enormous failure. Plenty of people at the time they were proposed said this. No one said bin Laden would become an enemy of the US, or that Iraq would invade Kuwait and trigger the US response in twenty or thirty years.

Ohhh, nice save!!

And by the way, the stimulus is not a failure. Just because the herd tells you so, doesn't make it so. Follow the money.

Eye on the Stimulus - ProPublica

The Potomac - Mike Z

Ronald Reagan's Legacy
The Reagan Legacy
Ronald Reagan page
Thanks for further proving that liberals are friggin' idiots!

Idiots because you can't read?

dwf15752917on4.jpg

OMG!!! Is that the right wing's icon in his <gasp> SHIRTSLEEVES in the Oval Office? I recall all the howling when Obama was first spotted without being all suited up.

[Postscript: I only saw the photograph and didn't realize the conversation was all about that anyway.]

Last edited:
Where are people like Reagan today? Reagan kept our spirits up in the 80's, Ended the cold war, lowered taxes to an all time low. And said stuff like Government isn't the solution to our problem, Government is the problem. Granted he spent money while he was president but, nothing like Bush did and Obama is today. Perhaps Reagan was the reason times were good in the 90's. Times weren't as bad in the late 80's as they are now.

Why can't we get another president that will listen to the "people" like Reagan did?

on October 23 1983 the Marine barracks in Beiruit were blown up and all President Reagan did was turn tail and ran.

Many of his policies helped create our current climate of those at the top having a greater portion of the nations wealth while many families need to hold down multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Reagan made a goof figure head but his greatness as a president is greatly overrated.

Where are people like Reagan today? Reagan kept our spirits up in the 80's, Ended the cold war, lowered taxes to an all time low. And said stuff like Government isn't the solution to our problem, Government is the problem. Granted he spent money while he was president but, nothing like Bush did and Obama is today. Perhaps Reagan was the reason times were good in the 90's. Times weren't as bad in the late 80's as they are now.

Why can't we get another president that will listen to the "people" like Reagan did?

on October 23 1983 the Marine barracks in Beiruit were blown up and all President Reagan did was turn tail and ran.

Many of his policies helped create our current climate of those at the top having a greater portion of the nations wealth while many families need to hold down multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Reagan made a goof figure head but his greatness as a president is greatly overrated.
Not according to the Myth of St Ronnie!!! :lol:

Didn't you hear, Reagan sunk Iran's navy in retaliation. That's right, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. Say it again, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. One more time, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. :rofl:

Trick Lib Question of Reagan
March 28, 2008
CALLER: Ronald Reagan, why did he never respond to the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon in 1983?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, to answer the guy's question, "Why didn't Reagan respond?" He did. It's one of the most underreported aspects in world history. Amir Taheri wrote about it on April 18th, 2007, in a publication called Gulf News. Basically, Reagan sunk Iran's navy, if I could just sum this up. We sunk Iran's navy. The attacks from Lebanon came from Iran, as they still do to this day. We sunk Iran's navy, but we didn't talk about it much then because that would have made us look mean, and the mullahs didn't talk about it because they didn't want the world to know their navy had been sunk, but it happened.
END TRANSCRIPT
Read the Background Material...
http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/20703

Operation Praying Mantis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Praying Mantis was an April 18, 1988 attack by U.S. naval forces in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

In short, Iran lost one major warship and a smaller gunboat.

Not according to the Myth of St Ronnie!!! :lol:

Didn't you hear, Reagan sunk Iran's navy in retaliation. That's right, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. Say it again, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. One more time, Reagan sunk Iran's navy. :rofl:

Trick Lib Question of Reagan
March 28, 2008
CALLER: Ronald Reagan, why did he never respond to the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon in 1983?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, to answer the guy's question, "Why didn't Reagan respond?" He did. It's one of the most underreported aspects in world history. Amir Taheri wrote about it on April 18th, 2007, in a publication called Gulf News. Basically, Reagan sunk Iran's navy, if I could just sum this up. We sunk Iran's navy. The attacks from Lebanon came from Iran, as they still do to this day. We sunk Iran's navy, but we didn't talk about it much then because that would have made us look mean, and the mullahs didn't talk about it because they didn't want the world to know their navy had been sunk, but it happened.
END TRANSCRIPT
Read the Background Material...
http://www.benadorassociates.com/article/20703

Operation Praying Mantis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Praying Mantis was an April 18, 1988 attack by U.S. naval forces in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

In short, Iran lost one major warship and a smaller gunboat.

actually he did do something he had Oliver North sell weapons to the very people behind the killing of his brother Marines, the reason the right painting North as some kind of great man is very wrong.

Ohhh, nice save!!

And by the way, the stimulus is not a failure. Just because the herd tells you so, doesn't make it so. Follow the money.

Eye on the Stimulus - ProPublica

Trans: You are rigth and there isn't much I can say about it.
The stimulus is a failure. Even by the standards the administration set for it, it is a failure. You will see even more scrambling for Stimulus II in the weeks ahead as unemployment continues to ramp up. Note that France, Germany, and Canada are all seeing both lower levels of unemployment and rising employment.
And your link proves it isn't working, not that it is.

Forum List

Back