Remember that littlecomment pelosi made about the healthcare bill?

Is she saying they cannot see the bill until after it's voted on?

No dipshit, she's saying that she can't tell you what's going to be in a bill that is still being amended. You have to wait till the bill actually passes to know what's going to be in it.

Duh.

We still don't know everything that’s in it "Dipshit and neither does she. Nobody read it before it was voted on, it was a mishmash a wish list and a jumbled mess put together by staffers. NOBODY READ IT!!! Get it? The faith you libs put in these idiot politicians that don't know what the hell they're doing is unbelievable to any sane person

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1kjY3RwdM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1kjY3RwdM[/ame]

You're saying what she meant when she said that we must pass it for you to know what in it, she meant that what's in it is very clear and you all know exactly what's in it so I don't need to expain it further? Now, excuse me so I can close the door on the back room and creat the rest of this thing.

What planet are you from?

To review what happened: the House passed its bill last November and the Senate passed its bill last December. Normally differences between the bills would be resolved in a conference committee and then a final bill would be passed in both chambers. The election of Scott Brown at the beginning of this year made it impossible to pass any new bills through the Senate because you can't get cloture with 59 votes. Thus the Senate's bill, passed last Christmas eve, became the health care bill. The House, in exchange for passing the Senate's bill unaltered, passed a reconciliation bill that could proceed to a vote without being subject to a filibuster. The reconciliation bill contained the only changes to the Senate's legislation, was relatively short, and by rule could only contain changes affecting the budget: so the value of the tax credits was increased, the FMAP provisions were altered, the excise tax was delayed but the cap was altered to grow more slowly, etc.

So what you had was the main piece of legislation--the ACA--sitting there unaltered since the Senate passed it in December. The much shorter reconciliation bill, within which virtually every change to the ACA was drawn either from the House's bill passed in November or variations of the proposals offered by the President just before and just after the bipartisan summit earlier this year, was released in March a few days before the final vote. There weren't any surprises in it.

So the idea that Pelosi was still "creating" the ACA in March of this year is silly--the law didn't even come from her chamber, the House was forced to pass the Senate bill as it was reported. The only thing the House got to do was change some of the numbers in the Senate's bill to more closely reflect the numbers in the House's bill. And yes, the text of the ACA as passed by the Senate had been available for several months by the time she made her remarks to NACo.

I assume there were threads here on all this as it was happening.

So she passed it unaltered due to her belief that there was no chance that it would pass on its merits in the Senate. She made no revisions and yet, if I recall this correctly, made promises to the Blue Dogs that changes that they demanded would be included.

It sounds to me like chages were being made and that she was using a device to work around the rules of the Congress to pass the atrocity by deciet and device.

Am I remembering this incorrectly? Wasn't there some doubt about being able to use Federal Funds for Abortion and promises made that there would be a law more specifically prohibiting this?

I believe I may have read something about that in threads on all this as it was happening.

It sounds to me like chages were being made and that she was using a device to work around the rules of the Congress to pass the atrocity by deciet and device.

Am I remembering this incorrectly? Wasn't there some doubt about being able to use Federal Funds for Abortion and promises made that there would be a law more specifically prohibiting this?

Stupak et al. wanted assurances that federal money wouldn't fund abortion (which, under the Senate bill that became law, it wouldn't) so Obama signed an executive order essentially re-stating the Hyde amendment. Which is already law anyway.

Stupak et al. wanted assurances that federal money wouldn't fund abortion (which, under the Senate bill that became law, it wouldn't) so Obama signed an executive order essentially re-stating the Hyde amendment. Which is already law anyway.

The Hyde Amendment is not a permanent law, but merely a ‘limitation amendment’ that is patched on to the annual appropriations bill for Health and Human Services

She just didn't want to bother with trying to explain the good parts or the bad ones.

She didn't have answers to any questions, she just wanted to be part of history, it doesn't matter to her what was in the bill, all she needed to know is that anyone to the right of her didn't want it.

Forum List

Back