Remember that Dumb Protester Killed by a Bulldozer last year? You won't believe this.

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Her parents are sueing Caterpillar - because

http://www.komotv.com/stories/35754.htm

""We believe Caterpillar...must be held accountable for their role in the attack."

Their Attorney - (May she rot in hell, or find a new profession - she's morally bankrupt for participating)

"Caterpillar knew that its equipment was being used to commit human rights violations, knew that Rachel Corrie and other civilians were foreseeable victims of these human rights violations, and even with that knowledge ... they continued to supply that equipment"

:lame2:

lets hope this lawyer and her clients get the $6000 fine for a frivolous lawsuit that the other lawyer did.

SmarterThanYou said:
:lame2:

lets hope this lawyer and her clients get the $6000 fine for a frivolous lawsuit that the other lawyer did.

Hear hear!

This should be in the encyclopedia as the quintessential frivolous lawsuit.

I don't believe this!

Has this lawyer ever heard of the assumption of risk doctrine? Hey, its first year lawschool stuff, read it again.

This is like suing a ski resort for your injuries simply because the ski resort provided you (like providing cats to isreal) with a venue to ski. Guess what, you lose, you assumed the risk of an inherently dangerous activity like skiing(going to palestine in the first place, then doing the utterly intelligent thing of standing in front of a bulldozer in a warzone).

what a joke!

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/552520.html

Rachel Corrie's family sues Israel, IDF

By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent

The family of Rachel Corrie, a pro-Palestinian activist killed by an Israel Defense Forces bulldozer in Rafah two years ago, sued the State of Israel and the IDF for damages in the Haifa District Court on Tuesday.

The 24-year-old Corrie was killed on March 16, 2003 when she tried to block an IDF bulldozer from demolishing a Palestinian house near the Philadelphi Route, the strip of land in the Gaza Strip bordering Egypt.

An IDF investigation ruled the incident was an accident and that the driver did not see Corrie, and the military prosecutor's office decided not to press charges in connection with Corrie's death.

Corrie's parents, brother, and sister, who are represented by Umm al-Fahm attorney Hussein Abu-Hussein, argue Corrie was killed despite the fact that she was wearing bright clothing and had identified herself as an activist with the pro-Palestinian International Solidarity Movement.

Corrie's family argues that the bulldozer driver intentionally used unreasonable force. According to the family, there was no fighting in the area at the time and there was no threat to soldiers' lives.

The family has asked for roughly $324 thousand in direct damages, as well as punitive damages. They also said they have yet to receive all of the material from the IDF investigation into the matter.

About what the operator could see:
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/engineer_vehicles/bulldozers/D9_D10.html

really gross, but on topic of what transpired:

http://electronicintifada.net/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/7/1248

dilloduck said:
WHAT???? they couldn't even find a Jewish lawyer ???? :laugh:

I think the judges may be European. Need at least a German judge. I mean an Aryan judge.

dilloduck said:
are you trying to say impartial ?

No. Really if they can overcome the assumed openmindedness of the world court, they really should have to come before the skinheads.

Kathianne said:
No. Really if they can overcome the assumed openmindedness of the world court, they really should have to come before the skinheads.
Cool--I'd pay to watch THAT one !!

You K, from those pictures it does look like she is clearly visible to IDF. If that is so, cat is not liable for the criminal acts of third parties.

Btw, those are some bitchen cats. And, another reason this suit will lose, IDF says they have modified the cats. Not the silver bullet theory, but if someone modifies your design your liablity drops dramatically.

I think I am going to order one for my next trip to LA. Hmm, rush hour sounds nice.

Forum List

Back