Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

I quote the poem because there are rumors on the internet that some in the OWS groups and their affiliates accross the plan on creating some fireworks on the Fifth to celebrate Guy Fawkes day. Now whether this is true, I don't know. I would hope not simply because I dislike violence and vandalism.

I thought that those who had not heard yet, might want to know and be on the look out.

I have always wondered how Guy Fawkes has become a symbol for radicalism and anarchy and liberalism.

When in fact, his goal was to eliminate a more progressive Protestant ruling class, and replace it with a more regressive Catholic one.

Guy Fawkes- the only person to ever go into Parliment with honest intentions.

On Nov. 5th, Anonymous has said they are going to hack facebook, and release everyone's information.

That is the "fireworks" that are planned.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLxiMemYc0]Message from Anonymous: Facebook will fall Nov 5, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

I have always wondered how Guy Fawkes has become a symbol for radicalism and anarchy and liberalism.

When in fact, his goal was to eliminate a more progressive Protestant ruling class, and replace it with a more regressive Catholic one.

You certainly have more knowledge on this dude than I.....

When I read the opening post, I figured it was a pair of coincidental typos that should have read: "...fireworks on the Fifth to celebrate Gay Hawks day".

When I read the opening post, I figured it was a pair of coincidental typos that should have read: "...fireworks on the Fifth to celebrate Gay Hawks day".

Guy Fawkes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's become popular to wear Guy Fawkes masks after the movie "V for Vendetta".

vendetta_07.jpg

Guy Fawkes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's become popular to wear Guy Fawkes masks after the movie "V for Vendetta".

vendetta_07.jpg

Early 15th Century Religious War between Catholics and Protestants - Including assassination of kings and driving armies with whips of fear in this life and pleasure treasure in the next.

:eusa_think: Sounds familiar.

I sure hope modern technology will help the Sunnis & the Shiites bury the hatchet in less than 600 years.

Should ever be forgot...

I quote the poem because there are rumors on the internet that some in the OWS groups and their affiliates accross the plan on creating some fireworks on the Fifth to celebrate Guy Fawkes day. Now whether this is true, I don't know. I would hope not simply because I dislike violence and vandalism.

I thought that those who had not heard yet, might want to know and be on the look out.
I love misinformation. But I think it's a sin.

I'm trying to invent a bit of political theater suitable to the occassion.

Perhaps I'll just light a bonfire in honor of Guy.

Should ever be forgot...

I love misinformation. But I think it's a sin.

What information? There are rumors. Are you saying there aren't?

Are you denying that the OWS groups and their affiliates are looking to celebrate Guy Fawkes day?

What exactly do you think is inaccurate?

Forum List

Back