Remember Pearl Harbor Today

China is now trying to overtake US Fleet in the Pacific.
China Now Has More Warships Than the U.S.
It’s not quantity but quality
No Navy has close to the power of the US Navy

Although admittedly imposing, the number doesn’t tell the whole story. America’s fleet is much larger on a ship-by-ship basis, including eleven nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and an almost equal number of amphibious assault ships.

Many of mine also fought there as well. The battles there were brutal. The cost was high...........and it was the last War fought with the policy of TOTAL WAR. Something that has been forgotten now, in the age of the PC culture which has caused us to lose Wars or fight endless Wars.

The Age of PC in War is a bunch of idiots who tie the hands of our military and NOT ALLOW THEM TO WIN. Something the Greatest Generation had never heard of.

There would be No Europe if they hadn't have won. And there would be no China today if they hadn't won.
..I have to disagree with you somewhat on this.....once Germany attacked Russia--game over ...there were resistance fighters/groups all over--in MOST/many countries against Germany...and Britain was still around against Germany ...so Germany is teetering [ at best ] on collapsing
...Japan's Navy was worthless in interior China...and like Russia, China is too big to completely take over it
...history has proven it is extremely difficult to 1. take a country over completely...2. and/or instill whatever culture-politics on that country
..there still would have been a Europe and the ''same'' China

even the Vietnamese did not allow Japan to completely take over, what is now Vietnam, during WW2 ..there was always resistance all over the world ..and as we see in Vietnam where powerful France was defeated-by the ''weak'' Vietnamese-then the most powerful nation in the world [ US ] defeated--and as we saw the most powerful nation in the world at the time--Britain--defeated in Afghanistan--then Russia defeated = we see powerful nations invasions /etc defeated
It is not so much that powerful nations are defeated but forced to ask.....is this worth it?

How we defeated England in the Revolution
..is what worth it?
The casualties and the cost
..are you talking about WW2 or something else?
Read the chain of posts

..I have to disagree with you somewhat on this.....once Germany attacked Russia--game over ...there were resistance fighters/groups all over--in MOST/many countries against Germany...and Britain was still around against Germany ...so Germany is teetering [ at best ] on collapsing
...Japan's Navy was worthless in interior China...and like Russia, China is too big to completely take over it
...history has proven it is extremely difficult to 1. take a country over completely...2. and/or instill whatever culture-politics on that country
..there still would have been a Europe and the ''same'' China

even the Vietnamese did not allow Japan to completely take over, what is now Vietnam, during WW2 ..there was always resistance all over the world ..and as we see in Vietnam where powerful France was defeated-by the ''weak'' Vietnamese-then the most powerful nation in the world [ US ] defeated--and as we saw the most powerful nation in the world at the time--Britain--defeated in Afghanistan--then Russia defeated = we see powerful nations invasions /etc defeated
It is not so much that powerful nations are defeated but forced to ask.....is this worth it?

How we defeated England in the Revolution
..is what worth it?
The casualties and the cost
..are you talking about WW2 or something else?
Read the chain of posts
--o----OK----
:rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:

China is now trying to overtake US Fleet in the Pacific.
China Now Has More Warships Than the U.S.
Your article states that the numbers are not quite what they seem. Most of what they have are not suitable for long range operations but for defense purposes. " Although admittedly imposing, the number doesn`t tell the whole story. America`s fleet is much larger on a ship-by-ship basis, including 11 nuclear powered aircraft carriers and an almost equal number of amphibious assault ships". In total we have 19 aircraft carriers and China has 1. China`s navy is for defense and ours is for offense. The only thing you need to worry about is the Pentagon taking more of your money.
Total Aircraft Carrier Strength by Country

Dad's ship, the Ticonderoga, was hit by a kamakaze plane and he was caught in the resulting fires for a time--
when he came home on leave Mom said he was a total basket case. I never even knew it though--those guys (at least my Dad and his friends) never talked about it. When my son enlisted in the Marines was when Dad told the story, to him. My chin was on the floor.

Let's just hope, folks, that we don't have to go through anything like it again.

My dad was the same, he broke his leg parachuting behind enemy lines. Never talked about, I didn't get the story until many years after I became an adult.

New Topics

Forum List

Back