Remember Our Heroes Who Gave All

thank ya thank ya very much !!

Really this post needs to be looked at by ALL AMERICANS !!

Sandy, I had just came across that a week ago, and sent that along! I have a lot of those. You watch them, and the hurt starts all over again! This was a great one!!!!! :clap:

Originally posted by janeeng
Here are 2 more that truly bothered me! the second one, let's us not forget about the dogs either that helped in all this!!!!!

I had actually seen the lynch tribute, makes me cry every time I see it. I had not seen the rescue dog video, thanks for that. I will certainly share that one with my wife the dog trainer. We have actually considered doing that kind of training to provide search dogs. Maybe this will inspire us to quit talking about it and do it.

Welcome remie!!! I think that would be a great idea!

I have seen so many of these, but none for the dogs, and that really was touching! they too deserve some medals!

Great post. I too watch the Jim Lynch site from time-to-time, we must never forget.

This is the first time I've seen the Lynch tribute. How moving!

... and people question the reasoning behind our war on terrorism????!? THIS is a weapon of mass destruction!

I don't need to watch any of these. I live and breathe the reconstruction every day being in the NYC real estate business and personal friends with many too. Every day you walk through that city it hits you; from the guards to the closed buildings to the photos on telephone poles to the NationalGuardsmen who meet my train in GCT every day to the memorials at every fire and police station to the news casts to the line of people I see every single day lining up for the survivor benefits to every time someone mentions the name of my friends who are no longer here and every time I look at St. Pat's cathedral from the window where every single day for a month I heard the bells toll and the parade walk to the funerals of hundreds.

For us, this will never go away and for my country's response I will never forget nor apologize.

Moi, I hear you. Still, I live in Chicago suburbs, if it weren't for my brother I wouldn't be so conscious of day-to-day threat, (he's assistant chief of police of rather large Chicago suburb, so he has regular meetings with Chicago PD and FBI. The suburb has an advanced hazmat and terror squad). NYC and DC are in a different category than most of US, Chicago probably isn't far behind you, but we weren't hit. Still, know we could be with our penchant for tall buildings and all.

If Chicago is like this, you must be able to see how important it is for Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Iowa, to see sites like Lynch? Those who are in NYC, well they don't need the reminders, but the South, Midwest, Northwest, and North do.

I also agree Moi. I dont need to see these to remember either. I live fairly close to the Flight 93 Crash site. Not only did that flight fly right over where I live and crash in a small town not far from my own, I watched the horror unfold on television. I briefly lost electricity and telephone service when Flight 93 crashed. The fear I had in my heart not being able to get to my daughter (who was at daycare) is enough.

I dont need any justifications for this war on terror. I do not need proof of weapons. The only thing I need is assurance that I will NEVER feel the terror and anger I felt that September day.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Moi, I hear you. Still, I live in Chicago suburbs, if it weren't for my brother I wouldn't be so conscious of day-to-day threat, (he's assistant chief of police of rather large Chicago suburb, so he has regular meetings with Chicago PD and FBI. The suburb has an advanced hazmat and terror squad). NYC and DC are in a different category than most of US, Chicago probably isn't far behind you, but we weren't hit. Still, know we could be with our penchant for tall buildings and all.

If Chicago is like this, you must be able to see how important it is for Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Iowa, to see sites like Lynch? Those who are in NYC, well they don't need the reminders, but the South, Midwest, Northwest, and North do.
I wasn't disparaging the site or those who choose to view them. Seeing those images harms me- I stopped watching then and I can't watch now. Were it not for my son I don't know what I would have done. I truly have lived this every single day since that one.

If it helps people to view these, let em at it. And thanks to all who remember and whatever tool they use to never forget.

I hear you. Still be cognizant of those who haven't been to NYC. I was in DC, 4/02 and it would have been impossible to tell the devestation that had occurred. Haven't been to NY, perhaps one can still tell, but many haven't been. If the US is to keep the right mindset, reminders are needed for those not exposed.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I also agree Moi. The fear I had in my heart not being able to get to my daughter (who was at daycare) is enough.

I dont need any justifications for this war on terror. I do not need proof of weapons. The only thing I need is assurance that I will NEVER feel the terror and anger I felt that September day.

:clap: :clap: very well said....Kathianne, the shock of 9/11 I can assure you while maybe not quite as profound as native New Yorkers went through , living in the midwest, I now understand what my folks went through on dec7th.... pearl harbor....disbelief,shock, fear, anger and utter helplessness....
these feelings have been replaced with rage and a strong desire that my children dont have to live in fear from terrorism.....

Jon, thanks. I feel bad saying such to those who live through this daily. It has become more than obvious that many are already 'putting this in the past, where it belongs.' I disagree with that. We were attacked, as devestatingly and completely as Pearl Harbor. Granted it was not a 'state' that did it, if only it was. Truth is, at least at the Pentagon, they were able to rebuild faster than even in WWII. When we went in April, you couldn't tell that anything other than maintainance was going on...unless you knew, which of course we all did.

Perhaps the devestation in NYC is so much worse, that those living there just can't see how anyone can remove themselves from 9/11, yet the rants and skreeds should show they are easily doing so.

The mainstream media, FOX et al. have done a great job of not showing what happened that day, so much easier on the national psyche you know...

I know how it is to want to see something to put this in perspective. For personal reasons, I stopped reading the NY Times after 9/12. However, they had a section in which they wrote about every single victim of 9/11 in NY. Those on the planes, in the towers and rescue personnel. I borrowed my fellow commuters sections and read every one of their biographies.

Like I said, I was next door to St. Pats where hundreds of funerals were held. Every time the funeral queue walked by I looked out the windows and said a silent mantra that they were at peace and that their families were okay.

I felt it was the least I could do since I was still here to remember them.

Everyone I know had emails and phone calls for weeks from friends and professional people I'd come in contact with, from all over the world, expressing their sorrow, outrage and hope for the future. It helped to know that. NYers felt the response from their countrymen and the world. I hope that those in PA and DC did too. There is no way that I can claim that just by being isolated from this by distance any one of my fellow americans doesn't feel the same. They were all wonderful. They should be proud. I love the fact that for one tiny instant every time we heard from them, it was okay again.

When we remember, we should also go to the homecomings of the rescue workers of our towns' emergencies; cook dinner for the firehouse; wave a flag at the local homecoming for the troops or whatever. If emails helped us, imagine what that kind of thanks will do for our heros.

these feelings have been replaced with rage and a strong desire that my children dont have to live in fear from terrorism.....

Very well said Jon. One of my favorite quotes:

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
--Thomas Paine

Forum List

Back