Remember Katrina?

CA95380

USMB Member
Jul 23, 2008
Central California
Gustav Hitting Jamaica - News |WJTV - News Channel 12 - Jackson, MS

0016.Image.NULL,NULL.300,198,2,NULL,NULL.MGSpooler

I :eusa_pray: that Bush and McCain have a better plan if Gustav hits New Orleans than they did before!

The faults of old where due to the governor of LA not asking for the feds to come in. Thankfully that governor is no longer in office and the current one is already taking the steps to let the feds in. You see, they feds can't come in and help unless requested. We set it up that way a long long time ago. The former governor didn't ask, she didn't get.

Last night they where talking about starting evacuations today.

Poor New Orleans.

Even I think that FEMA might actually be preparing seriously for this one.

I suspect as global wierding gets wierder, we're going to hear a LOT about FEMA, folks.

The faults of old where due to the governor of LA not asking for the feds to come in. Thankfully that governor is no longer in office and the current one is already taking the steps to let the feds in. You see, they feds can't come in and help unless requested. We set it up that way a long long time ago. The former governor didn't ask, she didn't get.

Last night they where talking about starting evacuations today.
sigh, Blanco requested help before Katrina hit.

You people out of the hurricane belt really have no idea how things work.

Hope it goes as well as can be expected for the area... but they should have learned their lesson and take this one a lot more seriously.. I certainly hope for the sake of the individuals down there, that they have...

I hope the local media and the local governments are keeping the populous informed as necessary for everyone to determine if it is going to be OK to stay or if indeed these people should evacuate and get the hell out of Dodge

uh no--it really didn't. They actually spent millions on it.
so far, new orleans and mississippi etc have received $130,000,000,000 (BILLION) to rebuild the city....that's 130 X 999.9 MILLION....and people are still homeless from Katrina..... :( I would certainly hope the army corp of engineers did it RIGHT this time!!!!!!!!!!

but who really knows?

and good morning dillo!

care

so far, new orleans and mississippi etc have received $130,000,000,000 (BILLION) to rebuild the city....that's 130 X 999.9 MILLION....and people are still homeless from Katrina..... :( I would certainly hope the army corp of engineers did it RIGHT this time!!!!!!!!!!

but who really knows?

and good morning dillo!

care

Like I said--they spent millions ( lots of millions if you prefer )

Bullshit--angel was right on----Louisinana politicians killed their own people.
Nope. The way it works is the gov asks the pres before the storm hits, if it looks like a bad one, to declare a federal state of emergency. Blanco asked, Bush made the declaration. At the time, and for all I know they've changed this law, it meant that the Department of Homeland Security/FEMA was in charge of rescue missions. FEMA dropped the ball.

but who really knows?

and good morning dillo!

care
I was talking about the levees. I don't know if they've repaired them up to standards or not.

I was talking about the levees. I don't know if they've repaired them up to standards or not.

i knowwwwwwww, and i did hear rumors that they STILL may not be able to stand up to a Cat 3 let alone something bigger...

makes one wonder...WHO GOT ALL THAT MONEY....not the people that are still without homes and a community and maybe NOT the levies either...????

sooooooo WHO got the money, OUR hundred billions of tax dollars?

care

Nope. The way it works is the gov asks the pres before the storm hits, if it looks like a bad one, to declare a federal state of emergency. Blanco asked, Bush made the declaration. At the time, and for all I know they've changed this law, it meant that the Department of Homeland Security/FEMA was in charge of rescue missions. FEMA dropped the ball.

i think this is still the way the law is writen, and gov. Jindal has done the same as gov. blanco did... 2 days beforehand, declared the federal state of emercency with Washington dc...thus in FEMA's hands....

i knowwwwwwww, and i did hear rumors that they STILL may not be able to stand up to a Cat 3 let alone something bigger...

makes one wonder...WHO GOT ALL THAT MONEY....not the people that are still without homes and a community and maybe NOT the levies either...????

sooooooo WHO got the money, OUR hundred billions of tax dollars?

care

trust me---displaced people got tons of it via the Red Cross---some had their rent paid for over a year and thousands received MUCH more.

Forum List

Back