Remember Holmolka?

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I knew this was inevitable, but it doesn't erase the shock I felt when I heard this this morning. Karla Holmolka, one of Canada's most deranged convicts will be released from prison in a little less than one year!!! (I added a few comments and emphasis of my own, they will be obvious)

The details of the case are far too sickening to post here, but I will paste a little below to give an idea of twisted and sick this bitch really is. The entire paper is quite long, and discuses other issues, but the main point still being - Holmolka should never be released!

http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/law/Courses/McGillivray/Karla_Homolka.html

Bargaining with the devil—law, domesticity and the problem of evil

Karla Homolka entered into a plea bargain with the Ontario Crown on 14 May 1993 for her part in the murder of schoolgirls Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French, 14 and 15, in consort with her partner Paul Bernardo. Homolka denied inflicting death but her participation in their abduction and assault constitutes first degree murder. Read into the facts at the sentencing hearing was her role in the drugging, sexual assault and death by aspiration of vomit of her HER SISTER, 15. Her sentence, 12 years concurrent on two counts of manslaughter, was denounced by lawyers as a "sweetheart deal", a "travesty of justice", a "deal with the devil". A fourth adolescent victim, Jane Doe, drugged, assaulted, forgetful but alive, was recalled to Homolka in a post-sentence dream. The nature and extent of Homolka's involvement in the Mahaffy and French cases was spectacularly revealed in six homemade videotapes later recovered (which contained a video diary of the actual crimes as they were being committed! The sick bastards tape it!!). There was widespread belief that she had known where the videotapes were hidden, that she wilfully concealed the Jane Doe incidents and, most centrally, that her claims of being under Bernardo's control— a central tenet of the plea bargain—were spurious. Speculation was fed by a publicity ban on the plea bargain which stood until Bernardo's trial. Print and website sources imaged demonic duos, vampirism, Barbie and Ken perfect-couple perfectmurderers, sexy "Killer Karla", the comic "Karla's Web" featuring Homolka's psy confessions. The gaze centres, always, on Homolka.

Bernardo was convicted of first degree murder, kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault, forcible confinement and offering an indignity to a dead body and was sentenced to life imprisonment in September 1995. Homolka testified for the Crown. Responsible for the sadistic sexual assault of dozens of adolescent girls and young women (11 victims testified at the hearing, 23 charges were originally laid and 33 are attributed to him by police), Bernardo was declared a dangerous offender, having "shown a failure to control his sexual impulses and a likelihood of his causing injury, pain or other evil to other persons through failure in the future to control his sexual impulses" under §753 of the Canadian Criminal Code, RSC 1985, C-46. He was sentenced to indeterminate detention. That he would be incarcerated for his mortal lifespan seemed a foregone conclusion. Homolka, in the popular view, should have taken her seat beside him in the prisoner's box and seat of ultimate evil.

When the Crown made the deal with Homolka I was sickened. These was easily enough evidence to convict him.

When I was rowing in a regatta St. Catherine's, I stayed at a B&B right close the Bernardo house. Apparently people in the community will never tell you where it is. Our B&B owner said he wouldn't tell us where it is, but that it was demolished, replaced and that common sense could tell you where it is.

'Lo and behold we found it and it look like they exorcised the place. They demolished the house, the sod, the trees and replaced EVERYTHING. It was in the middle of a nice upper-middle class neighbourhood.

I'm not too sure if I believe in evil, but if there is evil, you could sure feel it or something similar around that place.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
When the Crown made the deal with Homolka I was sickened. These was easily enough evidence to convict him.

When I was rowing in a regatta St. Catherine's, I stayed at a B&B right close the Bernardo house. Apparently people in the community will never tell you where it is. Our B&B owner said he wouldn't tell us where it is, but that it was demolished, replaced and that common sense could tell you where it is.

'Lo and behold we found it and it look like they exorcised the place. They demolished the house, the sod, the trees and replaced EVERYTHING. It was in the middle of a nice upper-middle class neighbourhood.

I'm not too sure if I believe in evil, but if there is evil, you could sure feel it or something similar around that place.

That is (was) freaky.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock

I saw the house on televison, it was a nice house for a young couple.....nicer than mine anyway.

Abused women my ass. Those two have to be the sickest most deranged people I've ever heard of in my life. After the tapes were found, why wasn't the crown able to renege on Homolka's deal? I mean, she was holding the camera, while Bernardo did what he did - ooouuu that is so SICK!! Not to mention the stuff she was taped doing!!! I am under the impression the tapes were found after she agreed to testify against Bernardo, although I may be wrong. I would like to research more detail surrounding the case, but it turns my stomach so much, I usually don't get very far.

Forum List

Back