Remember Bill Clinton's backhanded compliments to Obama in 2008?

^^^

You're such an f'ing drama queen. Post 9 of this thread, your bud Lone Laugher called us nutters for even bringing up the topic. That's the reason you were referred to as a nutter in quotation marks. Are you happy, now that I've spoon fed you? Or do you still have a deal?

I've been wanting to find this for a while b/c I remember just laughing at the time and the look on Obama's face when Clinton was talking about how Obama would trust in people that were smarter than him and he would get the job done. :badgrin:

To give you some setting, in the wake of the "economic collapse" Obama did not present his view on bailouts and give economic policies for days and even the liberal media could only make so many excuses for him and they were like come on, say something already. So it was already a real sensitive topic for BO.

And to make matters worse, the comments were made with only about a week until the election.

"I saw this up close. You know what he did? First, he took a little heat for not saying much. I knew what he was doing. He talked to his advisers. He talked to my economic advisers. He called Hillary, he called me, he called Warren Buffet, He called all over, he called those people. You know why? Because it was complicated and before he said anything he wanted to understand."

And then he went on to sell Obama as a a puppet:

"He said, ‘Tell me what the right thing to do is. What’s the right thing for America? Don’t tell me what’s popular. You tell me what’s right — I’ll figure out how to sell it."

You can just see BO wiggling his thumbs and squirming in his seat.

You can watch it at the end of this video, starting at 8:10:

[youtube]RC-9PgJfJIw[/youtube]

Remember all of the candidate's insults to Romney during the primaries? People still can't endorse him with a straight face. W Bush endorsed Romney while the elevator doors were closing the other day. Slightly half hearted.. :lol:

It's the nature of the beast, you just don't seem to get that. New to politics?

The Differnce: Clinton had a partner/wife that lost to Obama in the Primary. How new are you to politics.

The Differnce: Clinton had a partner/wife that lost to Obama in the Primary. How new are you to politics.

Was anyone doubting that he had ulterior motives? Anyways, people lose all the time in politics and then go strong for their party. Romney did for McCain after he lost in 08.

I could have arguably respected it if the Clintons said they we're neither for or against Obama. Or even if they said they were against him. But once you campaign for someone and you throw out backhand compliments then that's saying something. It's called reading in between the lines dude. Try it sometime.

Was anyone doubting that he had ulterior motives? Anyways, people lose all the time in politics and then go strong for their party. Romney did for McCain after he lost in 08.

I could have arguably respected it if the Clintons said they we're neither for or against Obama. Or even if they said they were against him. But once you campaign for someone and you throw out backhand compliments then that's saying something. It's called reading in between the lines dude. Try it sometime.

Doesn't mean you aren't illiterate. :D

I find that people who try to read other people's minds are usually just revealing their own prejudices.

I find that people who try to read other people's minds are usually just revealing their own prejudices.

I think you are revealing your own prejudices. You know it's a backhanded compliment. Honestly, I'm finding the libs on this board to be dense. I didn't expect to spend the thread debating the painfully obvious. I hoped that the convo would have delved into ramifications. But suit yourself.

I think you are revealing your own prejudices. You know it's a backhanded compliment. Honestly, I'm finding the libs on this board to be dense. I didn't expect to spend the thread debating the painfully obvious. I hoped that the convo would have delved into ramifications. But suit yourself.

Trying to read my mind again? :lol::lol::lol:

Trying to read my mind again? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you know it's a backhanded compliment. Do you not know it is so? If you don't then I'll make sure to know you're a bit slow.

Forum List

Back