remebering the dangers our CIA poses to us

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Phoenix Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Between 1968 and 1972, Phoenix "neutralized" 81,740 people suspected of NLF membership, of whom 26,369 were killed. This was a large proportion of the NLF and, between 1969 and 1971, the program was quite successful in destroying NLF infrastructure in many important area

Quote from Lieutenant Vincent Okamoto, intelligence-liaison officer for the Phoenix Program for two months in 1968 and a recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross. Wounded three times, he is the highest-decorated Japanese-American veteran of the Vietnam War. He has served as president of the Japanese American Vietnam Veterans Memorial Committee and as a Los Angeles Superior Court judge.[8][9]
“ The problem was, how do you find the people on the blacklist? It's not like you had their address and telephone number. The normal procedure would be to go into a village and just grab someone and say, 'Where's Nguyen so-and-so?' Half the time the people were so afraid they would not say anything. Then a Phoenix team would take the informant, put a sandbag over his head, poke out two holes so he could see, put commo wire around his neck like a long leash, and walk him through the village and say, 'When we go by Nguyen's house scratch your head.' Then that night Phoenix would come back, knock on the door, and say, 'April Fool, motherfucker.' Whoever answered the door would get wasted. As far as they were concerned whoever answered was a Communist, including family members. Sometimes they'd come back to camp with ears to prove that they killed people.

In 2030 I am sure we will be hearing about similar actions in iraq & afgh

Last edited:
Sorry, pal, but the reference about the Phoenix Program is bullshit.

The Phoenix Program was an effective counterinsurgency program. It had problems, and murdering of civilian detainees certainly was part of those problems, but it was not as portrayed in the movies.

Slow Burn: the Rise and Bitter Fall of American Intelligence in Vietnam by Orrin DeForrest is an excellent account of the Phoenix Program.

Some of my mentors were participants in that program, and many of the techniques described by DeForrest were taught to me and my peers.

It ain't nothing like the bullshit people like to believe.

Read it and make up your own minds.

mk_ultra_girl_c1961a.jpg

Forum List

Back