Remakes you'd like to see

Can you freakin' imagine how Politically Correct Hollywood would spin the True Story of a White Guy that Unites Squbbling Arab Tribes to fight against a Muslim Despot Ottoman Empire?

Jeff Bridges (I)

True Grit (2010) (pre-production) .... Marshal Reuben J. Cogburn
Tron Legacy (2010) (post-production) .... Kevin Flynn
... aka Tron 2 (USA: alternative title)
... aka Tron Legacy: An IMAX 3D Experience (USA: IMAX version)

Can you freakin' imagine how Politically Correct Hollywood would spin the True Story of a White Guy that Unites Squbbling Arab Tribes to fight against a Muslim Despot Ottoman Empire?

They wouldnt remark LOA anymore then they would remake True Grit.

I'd rather see Hollywood make some original films instead of recycling things that have already been done in the past with better scripts and better actors.

For example, I can't imagine anyone but Bette Davis playing Margo Channing in All About Eve.

I'd rather see Hollywood make some original films instead of recycling things that have already been done in the past with better scripts and better actors.

For example, I can't imagine anyone but Bette Davis playing Margo Channing in All About Eve.

Funny business, a woman's career - the things you drop on your way up the ladder so you can move faster. You forget you'll need them again when you get back to being a woman. That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted. And in the last analysis, nothing's any good unless you can look up just before dinner or turn around in bed, and there he is. Without that, you're not a woman. You're something with a French provincial office or a book full of clippings, but you're not a woman. Slow curtain, the end.

Mandate Pictures has won the auction for The Day of the Triffids. The film will be produced by Ghost House, the partnership between Mandate, Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert. The deal is seven-figures and I've heard it's the most that Mandate has paid for a project package. Raimi wants to direct it; the original was one of his favorite films as a boy. Raimi and Tapert will board the producer roster, joining Michael Preger, Angry Films' Don Murphy and Susan Montford, and Mark Gordon, who previously worked with Raimi on A Simple Plan.

Mandate Pictures has won the auction for The Day of the Triffids. The film will be produced by Ghost House, the partnership between Mandate, Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert. The deal is seven-figures and I've heard it's the most that Mandate has paid for a project package. Raimi wants to direct it; the original was one of his favorite films as a boy. Raimi and Tapert will board the producer roster, joining Michael Preger, Angry Films' Don Murphy and Susan Montford, and Mark Gordon, who previously worked with Raimi on A Simple Plan.

I remember that movie. Not really remake material, but I like Raimi. It could be interesting...

its perfect for Sam
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jZPeSRf_U[/ame]

the UK did one
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ_W9b9E0DA[/ame]

well, some roles were made immortal by the one that portrayed them first first.....can anyone imagine anyone else in say Lawrence of Arabia but Peter O'Toole?

Or Bogey in Casablanca?

or Scott as Patton?

Terry Kiser as "Bernie" Lomax?

Threaaaaaad Necrrrooooooooo.... !

Okay, remakes I'd LOVE to see.

Key Largo. Awesome film that could be so cool to see remade.

Something Wicked This Way Comes. Although Jason Robards and Jonathon Price would be hard to top in this film, a non-disney adaptation could be stellar.

The Black Hole. A movie that ALMOST worked. New SFX could make it a masterpiece.

Flash Gordon. The 1980 cult classic had some awesome things to it like Max Von Sydow, Brian Blessed and that awesome Queen soundtrack, but it also sucked so hard on well.. story points and the actress that played Dale?

Carnival of Souls. Craptastic schlock from the early 1960's that could turn into a real good Phillip K. Dick style mindfuck if they retold it right with a big enough budget.

Metropolis. Come ON! How awesome could THAT be?

Emperor of the North Pole. Taking nothing away from the performances of Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin, a good depression era hobo action flick with a homicidal conductor could be a blast.

Sullivan's Travels. Film director obsessed about making 'important' films instead of light comedies decides to see what it's really like for the poor and tries to hobo around the country while the studio tries to protect him from discovering what it really is like. The last half hour is a total twist and the movie shifts from comedy to commentary on what is really important in life to those struggling. VERY good flick that few heard of, and would be nice to see a remake because the story is good.

well, some roles were made immortal by the one that portrayed them first first.....can anyone imagine anyone else in say Lawrence of Arabia but Peter O'Toole?

Or Bogey in Casablanca?

or Scott as Patton?

Terry Kiser as "Bernie" Lomax?
Or Mr. Miagi as Jackie Cha... oh wait. ;)

The Godfather only in this one Sonny gets a hold of Carlo before he dies.

Seriously, though, no more fucking remakes.

I'm basically with you on this..but some remakes of obscure movies are fun. I liked "Heaven can wait" with Warren Beatty. Or the "Magnificant Seven" with Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen.

But restorations and re-releases might be better.

New Topics

Forum List

Back