Religious Zealotry...

Mar 22, 2004
Corydon, Indiana
I took a couple of photos with my digital camera of a group of psychotic babtists holding signs with aborted fetuses and posters screaming "THERE ARE NO FAGS IN HEAVEN" and screaming at the local Lambda chapter at the local community college I attend. Unfortunately, I can't seem to access the photos due to their being corrupted. I'll figure it out though. Anyway, the point is that I got busted in the face by one of the guys after I tried to talk to one of the young kids with these weirdos and tried to tell him not to be deceived by this gospel of hate, death and rage. He got arrested, and I got a broken nose. I just thought it was an interesting story.

The Huderites (sp??) used to freak out if we tried to talk to their kids at the flea market in Calgary. That was high point of the afternoon, that and wrestling. Calgary was a boring place to grow up.

Syntax_Divinity said:
I took a couple of photos with my digital camera of a group of psychotic babtists holding signs with aborted fetuses and posters screaming "THERE ARE NO FAGS IN HEAVEN" and screaming at the local Lambda chapter at the local community college I attend. Unfortunately, I can't seem to access the photos due to their being corrupted. I'll figure it out though. Anyway, the point is that I got busted in the face by one of the guys after I tried to talk to one of the young kids with these weirdos and tried to tell him not to be deceived by this gospel of hate, death and rage. He got arrested, and I got a broken nose. I just thought it was an interesting story.

Sorry to hear what happened. Just so you know, 99.5% of Christians in the world don't subscribe to the "God hates fags" gospel. It's just that you never see them on the news.

And, if this helps at all - in just about any circumstance, telling children that their parents are full of shit - in the presence of those parents - is NEVER a good idea.

Syntax Divinity - smart, educated person - not KNOW this???!!!

Yeah Syntax. I'm sure you'd love it if some bush supporter were "propagandising" your children. If you have any.

Ha,
This reminds me of this funny picture I saw once on Dennis Miller.
It was a picture of two women sitting on the sidewalk holding a sign that said
"lesbians against Bush"
1047404999SWhAbvipbz_1_1_l.thumb.jpg

I'm sorry that was off the topic but I thought it was funny.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Ha,
This reminds me of this funny picture I saw once on Dennis Miller.
It was a picture of two women sitting on the sidewalk holding a sign that said
"lesbians against Bush"
1047404999SWhAbvipbz_1_1_l.thumb.jpg

I'm sorry that was off the topic but I thought it was funny.

LMAO! It's kind of confusing, isn't it? Are they, like, lesbians for celibacy, or what?

Syntax_Divinity said:

Approaching people's children and telling them their parents are wrong while the parent is present is not the best way to remain safe in society. Anyway an equal version of this is when PETA people approach kids and show them pictures of puppies being slaughtered and equate it to fish being served at restaurants. They would be in danger from me if they attempted to indoctrinate my child in my presence, there is no justification for such a thing.

Get some signs and stand opposite them, use the same method and there is no danger and you are well within your rights. If I were the gentleman that hit you I likely would ask for a jury trial and attempt to argue Jury nullification. It is likely that people would not see it your way, you accosted a young child and attempted indoctrination to your POV. Regardless of the fact I do not agree with what they were promoting that day in the street it doesn't mean that you were right to attempt this at all. Were I on the jury I would vote to equit the gentleman who was protecting his child and his rights.

Syntax_Divinity said:

Don't know if there is really a strong correlation between homosexuals and abortion. I do know that God does not hate homosexuals, and he does hate violence.

What kind of organization is Lambda?

no1tovote4 said:
Approaching people's children and telling them their parents are wrong while the parent is present is not the best way to remain safe in society. Anyway an equal version of this is when PETA people approach kids and show them pictures of puppies being slaughtered and equate it to fish being served at restaurants. They would be in danger from me if they attempted to indoctrinate my child in my presence, there is no justification for such a thing.

As opposed to indoctrinating them behind your back?

mom4 said:
Don't know if there is really a strong correlation between homosexuals and abortion. I do know that God does not hate homosexuals, and he does hate violence.

What kind of organization is Lambda?

It's an organization working to reduce discrimination, violence, inequality and outright hatred directed at the GLBT community.

musicman said:
LMAO! It's kind of confusing, isn't it? Are they, like, lesbians for celibacy, or what?

Do all lesbians have long straight hair parted in the middle?

mom4 said:
Do all lesbians have long straight hair parted in the middle?

I want to answer this VERY carefully and VERY respectfully, mom4. The temptation to indulge in a double entendre is almost unbearable!

Ummm...I don't know. I heard a nice riddle, though.

Q. Why do sumo wrestlers shave their legs?
A. So nobody mistakes them for lesbians!

Forum List

Back