Religious thing~~Why are you here-?

I didn’t even read past the third paragraph, because you don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between religion and God.
I accounted for that difference in the second paragraph:

"You would have me believe you (not anyone else, apparently) could not arrive at an objective morality in which slavery is immoral, without your religion, or theism in general?

Even theism is not the same thing as God. People can have a completely wrong idea of God, and that would still fall under the category of “theism.”

I didn’t even read past the third paragraph, because you don’t seem to understand there’s a difference between religion and God.
I accounted for that difference in the second paragraph:

"You would have me believe you (not anyone else, apparently) could not arrive at an objective morality in which slavery is immoral, without your religion, or theism in general?

Even theism is not the same thing as God. People can have a completely wrong idea of God, and that would still fall under the category of “theism.”
Then fine, add your idea of godism to the list of : Bible and theism, in my comments.

So basically you don’t know why god made all the bad choices. Got it.

So basically you don’t know why you stopped beating your wife. Got it.

You know, it takes the patience of a saint to try to have a discussion with you, because your pattern is to completely ignore everything posted to you that refutes your nonsensical ideas, while repeating the same nonsense over and over, that was already addressed numerous times, on multiple threads.

In fact, I think you’re always being purposely obtuse, to test our patience. Good luck with that. I’m a very patient person, as are the other people who take the time to reply to your immature, trollish posts.

But getting back to what we were talking about, God gave us free will. If you think that’s a bad thing, because some people abuse it, then that’s your problem. But what I really think this boils down to is that you are so immature that you have not yet come to a point in your life where you are ready to accept responsibility for your own actions. That’s why you’re always trying to blame God. In fact, now that I think about it, it’s so clear. Well, I’m going to start praying for you. My prayer is that you will grow up, and finally accept responsibility for your own actions, like a big boy. And also that you’ll finally realize that although freedom has a price, ultimately it’s a good thing.

There’s much more to be said about that, but I’m not going to waste my time spelling everything out for you. You need to think about this on your own, without the pride and stubbornness. For your own sake, I hope that you do that.
I'm not ignoring what you say, I'm telling you that to me, it makes no sense. You keep repeating the SAME THING all the time yourself, lol. I understand what you say completely, a lot of people here say the same thing, I simply don't agree with it that there are a ton of things in this universe that god didn't make. And before this thread, i had never even heard of such nonsense, because if god didn't make all those bad things, who did?

To say that god gave us free will to choose, means that god had to have set up a bunch of choices to choose from, they couldn't have simply popped out of nowhere.
Plus, if god gives us free will and then punishes us for making certain choices that it doesn't like, that's certainly not free will, that's like a game show like Let's Make A Deal, make the wrong choice and you get zonked! :biggrin:

Now, why are YOU here?

Why I am here---
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

..it's the Pals who are the jackass murderers--I've been through this before on many other threads

Israeli security forces 'killed 25 Palestinian children' in three months, UNICEF says
Israel killed 25 Palestinian children in three months, UNICEF says

Googled “Israelis killing children
About 537,000 results (0.39 seconds)
Search Results

These are the Palestinian children killed by Israel in 2016 | The ...
https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/.../these-are-palestinian-children-killed-israel-2016

Jan 27, 2017 - Thirty-five Palestinian children were killed by Israeli soldiers, police and armed civilians during the year, all but four of the deadly incidents ...
Invisible killings: Israel's daily toll of Palestinian children | The ...
https://electronicintifada.net/content/invisible-killings-israels-daily-toll...children/4263

Convincing the Israeli adults in control of this weaponry in civilian areas that they should not be using it to kill children who are merely stone throwers should not ...
Israel 'killed 25 Palestinian children' in three months | News | Al Jazeera
www.aljazeera.com/.../israel-killed-25-palestinian-children-months-16051414083314...

May 14, 2016 - Twenty-five Palestinian children were killed in the last three months of 2015 during a wave of anti-Israeli attacks and the number detained was ...
One Palestinian child killed every 3 days by Israel for 13 years ...

One Palestinian child killed every 3 days by Israel for 13 years: statistics...
“The International Day for the Protection of Children is on June 1,” said a spokesman, “but Palestinian children are still subject to attacks by the Israelis and ...
Report: Israel killed 3,000 Palestinian children since 2000 – Middle ...
Report: Israel killed 3,000 Palestinian children since 2000...

Jun 1, 2017 - Israel has killed more than 3,000 children since 28 September 2000 when the Second Intifada began until the end of April 2017, a new report ...
Children in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia
Children in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia

Children in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict refers to the impact of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict .... Though Israeli children were killed in the conflict during the decades prior, the first acts of
12 yr old boy SHOT DEAD in front of your eyes
Updated 9.48 p.m., 3rd Oct 2000

A 12 Year old Boy Shot Dead in front of YOUR Eyes

Gaza girl said killed
By Amos Harel and Nir Hasson, Haaretz Correspondents,
and Haaretz Service
Thu., October 28, 2004

IDF troops shot and killed an 8-year-old Palestinian girl who was on her way to school in a Gaza Strip refugee camp
Palestinians: IDF kills 12-year-old boy in Jenin

Photos of a 12 year old palestinian boy being shot by Israeli soldiers and the ambulance driver who tried to save him also being shot and killed.
http://www.palestine-net.com/misc/durra/

Three-year-old Rawan Abu Zeid, who took bullets in the neck and dead while buying candy with her friends.
5 June 2004

The New Yorker’s Israel: Where Objectivity Fails

In March 2003
12-year old Hoda Darwish was hit in the head by a bullet fired Two 10 year-old school children were shot in the al-Omaria school run by UNRWA in Rafah, when an Israeli tank fired into their classroom.

Bullets fired from the tank flew through the classroom window, hitting Mahmoud Hamad in the neck and Hisham al Habil in the head. The boys had not even been sitting by the windows but in the middle of the room.
http://www.palestinemonitor.org/index.html

An eight-year-old Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli troops in the central Gaza Strip was killed while showing off her new school uniform to friends
Lend me your swords

Boy of 17, shot by Israeli soldiers, left bleeding overnight to die
September 8, 2003
Haneen, who was eight years old, had been shot twice in the head by an Israeli soldier as she walked down the street in Khan Yunis refugee camp with her mother.
28 July 2003

She was coming down the street and ran to me and hugged me, crying,
'Mother, mother'. Two bullets hit her in the head, one straight after the other.

She was still in my arms and she died."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1007051,00.html

IDF shoots 13-year-old girl in the back with 20 bullets and then the IDF commander goes over to the girl and shoots her again to make sure she was dead
Tue.,
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/485274.html

“I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."
http://www.israel-state-terrorism.org/children.html

One might ask
why do the indigenous Palestinians dislike the Israeli "occupation?????
Oh what's the problem I just LOVE killing Palestinian children

because the can't defend themselves

The Truth Will Set You Free :)-

You know, it takes the patience of a saint to try to have a discussion with you, because your pattern is to completely ignore everything posted to you that refutes your nonsensical ideas, while repeating the same nonsense over and over, that was already addressed numerous times, on multiple threads.

In fact, I think you’re always being purposely obtuse, to test our patience. Good luck with that. I’m a very patient person, as are the other people who take the time to reply to your immature, trollish posts.

But getting back to what we were talking about, God gave us free will. If you think that’s a bad thing, because some people abuse it, then that’s your problem. But what I really think this boils down to is that you are so immature that you have not yet come to a point in your life where you are ready to accept responsibility for your own actions. That’s why you’re always trying to blame God. In fact, now that I think about it, it’s so clear. Well, I’m going to start praying for you. My prayer is that you will grow up, and finally accept responsibility for your own actions, like a big boy. And also that you’ll finally realize that although freedom has a price, ultimately it’s a good thing.

There’s much more to be said about that, but I’m not going to waste my time spelling everything out for you. You need to think about

Some things just need repeating until it is heard!!! :)0

Remember, to be 'God' would mean being beyond all human comprehension and definition, author of all this already incomprehensibly gigantic universe and all its laws.
Now, remember that while reading religious texts that define 'God', in no matter what terms.
It can only be metaphor, and that at best.
Beyond all human comprehension and definition? A lot can be learned when one listens.

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correction my misguided view of them.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome whether pro or con.

Matthew 10:34 - 39

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Objective truth is reality. God is reality. Truth is arrived at through a conflict and confusion process. Dying to self is how to see reality.

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correction my misguided view of them.

So, in spite of the pseudo-intellectual prose, you just want Israelis to all commit suicide and let their children be slaughtered by psychotic animals.

God’s Chosen People

Why did god put so much evil in this universe?

Forum List

Back