Religious thing~~Why are you here-?

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correction my misguided view of them.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome whether pro or con.

Matthew 10:34 - 39

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Some of the most difficult words in the entire Bible.

But True words, indeed--and words of Life.
Not difficult, really. Jesus sent the twelve into Israel to preach the Gospel, i.e., the kingdom (and then 72 others to do likewise). The message divided familes and households, and generated resentment and antagonism. That's why Jesus instructed them not to linger or tarry.

As I see it, Jesus was not only preaching the bad things of old, he was also preaching redemption. One can be saved; just abide by His instructions, follow His commandments and peace will be your reward.

God’s Chosen People
I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correction my misguided view of them.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
As an Athiest/Agnostic; these are the most poignant verses of the Bible that have positively effected my life. Philosophically speaking...

Really. That's interesting. Would you be willing to elaborate?
The Truth is divisive. But I was devoted into/ created a Man. As such... I embrace my humanity...

Well you ARE a man. You can't change that. You either embrace it or go crazy, I guess.

Not all truth is divisive, btw. Grass is green. True, but not divisive. Humans have five toes, true, but not divisive. Etc. Only truths that matter are divisive. Jesus here is saying His Truth is of such import that it divides families and involves a daily choice. But it is really, specifically about Him. That's why I wondered why it carried so much personal meaning for you. He's really saying if you choose Me you choose life. If you don't.....

If you are so badly handling the New Testament, how can we trust you to handle what God apparently wants in the OT?

It is not a matter of trust, it is a matter of action--

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

then we find this---

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

This is the one I like the most----

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Is that too much to ask-? :)-

If you are so badly handling the New Testament, how can we trust you to handle what God apparently wants in the OT?

It is not a matter of trust, it is a matter of action--

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

then we find this---

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

This is the one I like the most----

Is that too much to ask-? :)-

People who know precious little about the Bible are very, very smug about the precious little they do know. Dunning-Kruger. Ever heard of it?

Yes, God talks about the stranger after they HAD a land. "In your land". Do you know what they DID TO STRANGERS to get that land? I mean do you imagine that God is an absolute pacifist or what?

God’s Chosen People

As an Athiest/Agnostic; these are the most poignant verses of the Bible that have positively effected my life. Philosophically speaking...

The Truth is divisive. But I was devoted into/ created a Man. As such... I embrace my humanity...

Well you ARE a man. You can't change that. You either embrace it or go crazy, I guess.

Not all truth is divisive, btw. Grass is green. True, but not divisive. Humans have five toes, true, but not divisive. Etc. Only truths that matter are divisive. Jesus here is saying His Truth is of such import that it divides families and involves a daily choice. But it is really, specifically about Him. That's why I wondered why it carried so much personal meaning for you. He's really saying if you choose Me you choose life. If you don't.....
Maybe that’s how you see it. But there are many truths that make one a target.

God’s Chosen People

Then I hope you take this in the spirit in which it is given.

God never wanted to put the Jews under the Law. It turned Him into Judge instead of constantly forgiving Father. The Law meant death instead of forgiveness. Definitely not what God wanted. If God wanted men under the Law He would have given the Law to Adam. But the Exodus Jews asked for it and got it. And even then God immediately gave them a way to temporarily cover their inequities through sacrificing something in their place, so He could JUSTLY <( the Law, and Satan requires God to be 100% just as in justice) be 100% merciful toward Abraham's family and mankind as a whole.< (God's true nature)

The Law was never a blessing. It concentrated on sin and the punishment was eternal death, so God sent them a better covenant. Jesus, the Christ. He came and did fulfill the Law for the Jews.
When Christ poured HIS blood on the alter, it removed our sin once, and for all. That blessing was intended for the Jews, but because of the faith of a Gentile woman, Christ grafted us into the Jewish line and awarded us the same blessings. It is a gift for anybody that wants to claim it. Jesus had one Law, Love your Father in heaven and each other.

In the end times God said He would gather the Jews back to their home. (Daniel did the math to the very day.) God said their Nation would be born in a day. It was. He said they would return to their original language. They did. No other dispersed nation has ever done that. He also said that He would be fighting their battles for them from now on. (It is how they gained their capital, Jerusalem back.)

That little sliver of land is not the original Israel. It was huge. God is sick to death of Gentiles and Muslims carving up and helping themselves to the only land on earth that God holds title to and portioned out. He made a point of not taking their land in this era. He warned us. Russia and their Muslim allies are going to invade Israel, and God is going to hook them in and drive them back, Himself. He even told us how.
Giving Palestine land that belongs to Israel would be the same as giving ISIS Washington DC. Nevertheless Israel is going to agree to it in return for peace and a new Temple, and the shit is going to hit the fan. Worldwide.

Last edited:

K so you're living some kind of strange fantasy where you're a Super Man or something. All righty then have a great time with that.

God’s Chosen People

I get the feeling that you’re completely misunderstanding what he’s saying. The reality is, this is a fallen world, filled with people in rebellion to God. When someone chooses to follow Jesus and becomes a true Christian, they are inevitably going to face some contempt, division, and conflict with people around them. Sometimes even with their own family members. I can attest that that’s true, because when I became a Christian, it changed my relationships with several of my family members. It put me in conflict with my dad, who was an atheist, and my mom who is Catholic.

It’s not that Jesus wants us to be at war with our friends and family… In fact the Bible says just the opposite in numerous places. But he’s talking about the reality that will inevitably happen, because when a person chooses to follow God, it puts them “in a battle” so to speak, with the people around them who either think they’ve gone off the deep end, or now feel like they are not on the same team.

Jesus, because of who he is, is divisive. He said “I am the Way, the truth, and the life… No one comes to the father except through me.” That is a very controversial and divisive statement. So those things I mentioned, and more, are why he said that he didn’t come to bring peace. He DID come to bring peace between people and God. But peace between people and other people is a different matter, even though God does want us to try to be at peace with everyone, as much as possible.

“If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”
Romans 12:18
So why did god let this be a fallen world if that's now how he wants it?

The world changed when mankind chose to do things his own way. The Bible says sin brings death. Cause and effect. But as I said on the other thread, God gave us free will because the alternative would be a world of puppets or robots, with no freedom or ability to choose their own actions. Not only would that have been immoral, but it would have been pointless. God wants us to love him and come to him on our own volition, because we choose to…not because we are puppets on a string with no choice. Would you have preferred to be a puppet with no freedom?

K so you're living some kind of strange fantasy where you're a Super Man or something. All righty then have a great time with that.
???!

You sound like a cultist when you assume a person to be a thing of fiction; for not having belief in your fiction...

Last edited:

???!

I'm referring to your cryptic comments about "created into" and "many truths make one a target", plus your user name. What I'm responding to has nothing to do with my beliefs, but rather what you're saying about your own.

Ok, I'll ask again---
Why are you here-?

Ok so does your title somehow tie to the content of your post: that is, you feel you are "here" to warn Israel that they have to give over to Palestine or perish? Or what?

From what position do you say this? I mean are you Muslim, a Jew, just a caring bystander? Do you have family in the region? What are your stakes?

Ok, I'll ask again---
Why are you here-?

Ok so does your title somehow tie to the content of your post: that is, you feel you are "here" to warn Israel that they have to give over to Palestine or perish?

There is room for Jews And Palestinians. They can live under the same roof, share the same food & care for each other as one. It is just a matter of choice, what to do?

You already know

From what position do you say this?
I don't have a position, I have a point of view. Now please answer the question; Why are You Here-?

I mean are you Muslim, a Jew, just a caring bystander? Do you have family in the region? What are your stakes?

Too many questions. Just answer my question and then I will answer yours, one question at a time.

Seems fair enough, don't you think-?

just answer the question :)-

I'll be back to hear your answer

Take care, may you and yours live long and prosper

bye :)-

Ok, I'll ask again---
Why are you here-?

Ok so does your title somehow tie to the content of your post: that is, you feel you are "here" to warn Israel that they have to give over to Palestine or perish?

There is room for Jews And Palestinians. They can live under the same roof, share the same food & care for each other as one. It is just a matter of choice, what to do?

You already know

I don't have a position, I have a point of view. Now please answer the question; Why are You Here-?

I mean are you Muslim, a Jew, just a caring bystander? Do you have family in the region? What are your stakes?

Too many questions. Just answer my question and then I will answer yours, one question at a time.

The question you posed in the title that had nothing to do with the rambling in the post? Fine, I'm here because God created me and willed it. That was easy.

Now, why are YOU here?

Ok, I'll ask again---
Why are you here-?

You already know

The question you posed in the title that had nothing to do with the rambling in the post? Fine, I'm here because God created me and willed it. That was easy.

Now, why are YOU here?
Uh, if what you say is why everyone is here...you just kind of told him why he is here....no need to ask then, right?

God’s Chosen People

I get the feeling that you’re completely misunderstanding what he’s saying. The reality is, this is a fallen world, filled with people in rebellion to God. When someone chooses to follow Jesus and becomes a true Christian, they are inevitably going to face some contempt, division, and conflict with people around them. Sometimes even with their own family members. I can attest that that’s true, because when I became a Christian, it changed my relationships with several of my family members. It put me in conflict with my dad, who was an atheist, and my mom who is Catholic.

It’s not that Jesus wants us to be at war with our friends and family… In fact the Bible says just the opposite in numerous places. But he’s talking about the reality that will inevitably happen, because when a person chooses to follow God, it puts them “in a battle” so to speak, with the people around them who either think they’ve gone off the deep end, or now feel like they are not on the same team.

Jesus, because of who he is, is divisive. He said “I am the Way, the truth, and the life… No one comes to the father except through me.” That is a very controversial and divisive statement. So those things I mentioned, and more, are why he said that he didn’t come to bring peace. He DID come to bring peace between people and God. But peace between people and other people is a different matter, even though God does want us to try to be at peace with everyone, as much as possible.

The world changed when mankind chose to do things his own way. The Bible says sin brings death. Cause and effect. But as I said on the other thread, God gave us free will because the alternative would be a world of puppets or robots, with no freedom or ability to choose their own actions. Not only would that have been immoral, but it would have been pointless. God wants us to love him and come to him on our own volition, because we choose to…not because we are puppets on a string with no choice. Would you have preferred to be a puppet with no freedom?
Why is being a robot the only option? God could have given us free will without the bad things as choices. He didn’t, why?

Why is being a robot the only option? God could have given us free will without the bad things as choices. He didn’t, why?

Because, God is a Republican. :21:

Forum List

Back