religious study

I at no time have EVER suggested that a Jew will not look at the scriptures through the same eyes as a Christian. But as far as world peace goes, in Christian belief all the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled. And if you want to get technical about it, Micah states many people will choose peace, not all people everywhere. And if the Messianic vision is incorrect in the Jewish scriptures, then the Jewish scriptures themselves will be incorrect if you remove the Messiah from the equation wouldn't they?

At any rate, we will bore people silly if we get into the fine components of theology either as the ancient Jew, the modern Jew, the ancient Christian, or the modern Christian understands it. I can accept that you do not accept any of your scriptures as messianic prophecy, even though I believe differently, if you will allow me comfort in what I believe which harms you not in the least. :)

Believe in whatever you want.

I just get a bit irked when the Torah is perverted.

Obviously I accep the actual messianic prophesy in the Torah. I listed the criteria, along with the source.

BTW this is the passage in Michah

4:3

3. And he shall judge between many peoples and reprove mighty nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nations shall not lift the sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore.

Where does it limit the people who will practice peace?

I don't interpret 'many' as necessarily all, that's all. You consider Micah and Ezekial as Torah? That rather surprises me. But at any rate Cmike, I don't 'fight' with anybody over religion and if my interpretations 'irk' you as 'perversion of the Torah', then I would rather just drop it. I thoroughly enjoy discussing all scripture and theory with folks who also enjoy doing that. But if we can't enjoy it, I would much rather just be friends and discuss something else.

You missed after the comma,

"nations shall not lift the sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore."

It doesn't say some nation, or many nations. It says nations. That would be world peace.

However, I am happy to drop the topic with you.

Believe in whatever you want.

I just get a bit irked when the Torah is perverted.

Obviously I accep the actual messianic prophesy in the Torah. I listed the criteria, along with the source.

BTW this is the passage in Michah

4:3

3. And he shall judge between many peoples and reprove mighty nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nations shall not lift the sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore.

Where does it limit the people who will practice peace?

I don't interpret 'many' as necessarily all, that's all. You consider Micah and Ezekial as Torah? That rather surprises me. But at any rate Cmike, I don't 'fight' with anybody over religion and if my interpretations 'irk' you as 'perversion of the Torah', then I would rather just drop it. I thoroughly enjoy discussing all scripture and theory with folks who also enjoy doing that. But if we can't enjoy it, I would much rather just be friends and discuss something else.

You missed after the comma,

"nations shall not lift the sword against nation; neither shall they learn war anymore."

It doesn't say some nation, or many nations. It says nations. That would be world peace.

However, I am happy to drop the topic with you.

I don't interpret 'nations' to necessarily mean all nations any more than I interpret 'Many nations' to mean all nations. Generally whenever Old Testament writers intended something to be all inclusive, they were pretty specific about that. But yeah, let's drop it. Certainly not worth fussing over.

Forum List

Back