Religious Right Wing Bigots Still Obsessing About Marriage-Get a Life!

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and content.
Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

TheProgressivePatriot
No one cares about you proclivities for butt sex. Get over it!

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

TheProgressivePatriot
Oh contraire! The CRCs care....they care a great deal. They talk about it tons.

. Plenty of judges did not support your side of the argument in the past. You just kept on trying till you found judges that sided with you.
You don't seem to understand how things work .You can go shopping for judges like you can in order to find a doctor who will give you an opiate. The judge is pick by the assignment judge in the jurisdiction where the case is filed. If you don't like the outcome, you don't just ask for a do over with a different judge. You can appeal it of course and again, you have no say in which judges will hear it. The most that you can do at that level-if you don't like the outcome- is to request that the full circuit hear it. Most cases that got to the appellate level were decided in favor of same sex marriage . It was not until one appeals court ruled in favor of bigotry and set up a circuit split did SCOTUS take up the matter but that took years to happen because SCOTUS saw what was happening and hoped that they would not have to get involved.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

Many of us will never see a man-and-man relationship or a woman-and-woman relationship--or whatever inevitably follows, because it will--as a marriage. You can't control that any more than you can control anything else that we think. Tolerance means you have to live with us thinking that.
Think whatever the hell you want. Just think ! Think about how your behavior and the policies that you advocate for effect others. By all means THINK!

What I think does not affect my behavior. It is possible to think many things and not have them affect your behavior. This is what we try to teach our elementary children; in fact it is one of the marks of maturity.

That's first.

Second, what policies do you think I'm trying to make here? The one I'm strongly advocating for is the freedom to live by your conscience: that is, if you own a bake shop the gov't should not FORCE you to bake cakes for events you find morally objectionable. I think we're going to win that one, and I think it's wholly ethical. I do not think the gov't should force ANYONE'S service for an event they find morally objectionable. That goes for a gay baker, a black baker, a Muslim baker or any baker.
What policies? The topic here is marriage. What is your policy on same sex marriage ?

What do you mean "policy"? The gov't has already ruled it lawful. I think it is sinful, but many things that are sinful are lawful. Greed is lawful. Lust is lawful. Etc, etc, etc.

As I said, the biggest question for me now is: must I be forced, by the US gov't, to participate in that sinful activity because I opened a business? I think the answer is no, and again I believe that is ethically correct. I'm not looking to dissolve what the gov't has ruled lawful at this point. I seek the right not to PARTICIPATE in it. And if you can be fair minded, I think you'll agree that this is just.

2. Your argument on marriage equality, was based on the false idea that other than gays, that people got to marry whom they wanted. This was not true. That was my point. Your argument was weak, that is why you lost so many times, before you found lib judges.
That is idiotic .I never said or implied that ANYONE can or should be able to marry any one who they wish. Do you actually believe that I thing that a straight person could grab someone on the street who they like and marry them. ?

The issue is the ability to marry someone with whom you have a mutual romantic and sexual attraction to. I will say again-to claim that a gay person had equal rights to marry some one of the opposite sex is not only stupid, but it degrades the individual who you either don't think deserves the same kind of relationships that you enjoy, or you don't believe that they marry for romance and love. It also degrades the institution of marriage -that you claim to want to save-by reducing it to a business arrangement.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot
Are "CRCs" fat women? Corpulent and Rotound C__ts? Something similar.

3. Your spin that everything you want is a "Right" is an effective tactic. But it is unsupported by anything other than your dominance of media. Saying some thing over and over again worked on the nation as a whole, but one on one, like right here, it makes you look dishonest. Because it is dishonest.
What exactly did I say about rights? I said that it is a civil rights issue because a group was being arbitrarily excluded from an institution that others were able to take participation in for granted. I never said that marriage -in and of itself is a right, although SCOTUS has on numerous occaisions. That is a useless argument I can't believe that I have to explain all of this to you.

Last edited:

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot
Absolutely.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

Since faggots can't procreate, why do they need to get married. The whole concept of wedlock is about kids and the prevention of inner breeding.
If you're trying to appear to be normal you're not and never will be. The best you can be is a freak of nature. Homosexuals are called queer for a reason. Queer meaning odd, unusual or other than normal. And no you're not exactly gay either. That's just a word you stole. Gay means happy and care free. You can be queer and it's okay with me but stop trying to appear normal when you're not. If you're so damn happy being queer then own it and be queer and everything that entails. Then sit down and STFU.
Interesting. So you don't think that wedlock is about loving a person and wanting to be with them for life. Just offspring, eh? What do you intend to do about those who marry who don't want kids or can't have kids?
I have asked that question of these people many times and never a rational or reasonable answer. NEVER

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot
Absolutely.
Well, don't give up on trying to shed the pounds anyway. Better to be a normal woman than a fat one when it comes to whining, right?

Dear TheProgressivePatriot
They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Govt.
Even if you don't get the mechanism in their thinking behind this,
just know
it's roughtly parallel (not exactly the same)
as you NOT wanting churches to get law enforcement power.
That's crossing a line where you understand these should stay separate.
Well, that's how they see same sex marriage beliefs
going too far by getting involved with government.
That crosses the line for them.
Yeah..that makes sense.
Of course, marriage is a legal contract as well. Then there are all the spousal benefits and deductions.
Govt. has to play a part.

Cultural acceptance is a different thing. It won't surprise anyone to learn that the 20-somethings and younger do not see same sex marriage as an issue. They accept it as a given.

• Support for same-sex marriage is highest among Millennials (74%) – as has generally been the case for nearly a decade. A majority of Gen Xers (58%) support allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally, as do about half of Boomers (51%) and 45% of the Silent Generation.
  • Among religious groups, majorities of Catholics (61%), white mainline Protestants (66%) and the religiously unaffiliated (79%) say they support same-sex marriage. By contrast, just 29% of white evangelical Protestants favor same-sex marriage, while about twice as many (63%) are opposed.

Majority of Public Favors Same-Sex Marriage, but Divisions Persist
Most young Americans overwhelmingly support gay marriage - The Boston Globe

They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Govt.
just know
Yeah..that makes sense.
Of course, marriage is a legal contract as well. Then there are all the spousal benefits and deductions.

Cultural acceptance is a different thing. It won't surprise anyone to learn that the 20-somethings and younger do not see same sex marriage as an issue. They accept it as a given.

• Support for same-sex marriage is highest among Millennials (74%) – as has generally been the case for nearly a decade. A majority of Gen Xers (58%) support allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally, as do about half of Boomers (51%) and 45% of the Silent Generation.
  • Among religious groups, majorities of Catholics (61%), white mainline Protestants (66%) and the religiously unaffiliated (79%) say they support same-sex marriage. By contrast, just 29% of white evangelical Protestants favor same-sex marriage, while about twice as many (63%) are opposed.

Thank you EvilEyeFleegle for a very informative post.

You can believe in and support gay/same sex marriage, but not believe in endorsing/implementing it through the STATE.
You can believe in and support Christian prayer and healing, but not believe in incorporating it through PUBLIC POLICY.

Not all people get this.

Too many people especially on the left think if you don't support
health care or marriage rights "through govt" then you don't want people to have it.

That's not the same.
ESTABLISHING something through Govt is a different process and proposal
than just having equal rights to marriage, health care, etc.

I hope we figure this out soon.
Otherwise, it seems people "talk past each other" and politicize "what they
think people mean" instead of really listening to what the issues are.
People keep hearing what they THINK the other side is saying,
and that causes ADDITIONAL conflicts (on top of the original issues).

Thanks EEE and I hope your contributions
leads to more enlightenment and better
insights and direction in solving problems.

just know
Yeah..that makes sense.

You can marry your fucking parot for all anyone cares.

We have thought, and we have grown very angry with your ilk constantly shoving your immorality in our faces, attacking law abiding businesses, and using courts to overturn the Democratic process of the people.

I can remember when the cry of his degenerate ilk was “Don't force your morality on us!”

All they wanted, or so they claimed, was to be able to practice their sick perversions in peace and privacy. Foolishly, as a society, we believed them, and we gave in that much, and now, we've reached the point where they force their immorality and their madness on everyone else, even on children.

Lastly, when states violate the constitution, and are unresponsive to people whos [sic] rights are being denied, it is absolutely appropriate to turn to the courts for relief .Again, not knowing that is more clear and convincing evidence of you ignorance of the law and our system of justice

There is nothing anywhere in the Constitution that supports treating insane and immoral sexual perversions as civil rights, nor is there anything in the Constitution that supports treating a sick homosexual mockery of marriage as being in any way comparable to genuine marriage.

There is certainly nothing in the Constitution that supports the abuse of government force to compel sane and decent people to play along with any of this immoral, insane crap.

Thanks for dropping that bit about pretending that not giving up is different when you do it.

ANd anyone that would accept the silly argument that gay marriage was a rights issue, is a fucking lefty.
Thank you for that brilliant and articulate retort on why same sex marriage is not a civil rights issue. Clearly it was well researched and considered. Once again you raise the bar on the level of intellectual discourse on the USMB

Your argument was the Kennedy was not a lefty. That was the sole point you raised.

My response was appropriate.

Marriage has been one man, one woman, in the US for it's entire history. If the homos wanted it expanded, they should have made the argument for doing that.

Instead they ran to the judges. That is on them, and you lefties.
Your response was bullshit. My assessment of Kennedy was not my only point by far. It was the only point that you wanted to hear. The main point is that numerous judges at all levels of the judiciary shot down state bans on same sex marriage.

The " marriage has always been"...…...argument is well worn and tired, nothing more than an appeal to tradition logical fallacy. And gay PEOPLE have in fact made a compelling and convincing argument for marriage equality. The fact that you don't know that only speaks to your profound and pathetic ignorance of the subject. Had you bothers to read the Obergefell decision, the decisions of the lower courts or the briefs you would knw that and maybe not come off as such a dumb ass.

Lastly, when states violate the constitution, and are unresponsive to people whos rights are being denied, it is absolutely appropriate to turn to the courts for relief .Again, not knowing that is more clear and convincing evidence of you ignorance of the law and our system of justice

1. Plenty of judges did not support your side of the argument in the past. You just kept on trying till you found judges that sided with you.

2. Your argument on marriage equality, was based on the false idea that other than gays, that people got to marry whom they wanted. This was not true. That was my point. Your argument was weak, that is why you lost so many times, before you found lib judges.

3. Your spin that everything you want is a "Right" is an effective tactic. But it is unsupported by anything other than your dominance of media. Saying some thing over and over again worked on the nation as a whole, but one on one, like right here, it makes you look dishonest. Because it is dishonest.
The judges were late on the issue as most Americans already had it in their state and most Americans supported it

Then run dems ,honestly, on the issue, and pass legislation.

Funny, you didn't do that.

Homosexuals engage is sicked filthy acts of perversion. That is not something to bless with the name Marriage.

Marriage is a Sacrament from God. Homosexual sex is an abominable evil.

End of discussion.

Forum List

Back