Religious Right Wing Bigots Still Obsessing About Marriage-Get a Life!

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .

An OP should be 3-4 paragraphs, link and content.
Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.
USMB Rules and Guidelines

TheProgressivePatriot

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear TheProgressivePatriot
They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Govt.
Even if you don't get the mechanism in their thinking behind this,
just know
it's roughtly parallel (not exactly the same)
as you NOT wanting churches to get law enforcement power.
That's crossing a line where you understand these should stay separate.
Well, that's how they see same sex marriage beliefs
going too far by getting involved with government.
That crosses the line for them.

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage. Meet Brian Brown of the National Organization for (Straight ) Marriage who is obsessing about Mayor Pete Buttigieg and who thinks that he can get marriage equality reversed:

Mayor Pete’s Marriage is Bogus and the Trumpified SCOTUS Will Agree, Says Brian Brown | Right Wing Watch

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with the Obergefell decision. But, they are still here. I guess that you have to give them credit for perseverance. Or, is it a religious psychosis manifested by obsessive compulsive focus on other people's marriages. ? Lets see what he has to say:

In a Friday afternoon fundraising email from the National Organization for Marriage, Brown slammed Buttigieg’s marriage as illegitimate: “Mr. Buttigieg may consider himself married to another man, but that relationship is not marriage, and no judicial decree or political act can ever make it so.”

In addition:

Brown vowed to get marriage back before the U.S. Supreme Court so that Trump-nominated Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh can, with the Court’s other conservatives, reverse the Court’s 2015 marriage equality ruling. And, without any apparent self-awareness of his glaring inconsistency, Brown accused Buttigieg of wanting to use “the force of law to impose his views on every American, especially those who disagree with him.” Which, of course, is exactly what Brown is trying to with his efforts to get rid of marriage equality.

What the hell is wrong with these people. The fact that they are so threatened by same sex marriage has to make me wonder what their marriage is like. In any case, they have one major and probably insurmountable problem in getting the case back to SCOTUS. Someone with statding- meaning someone who can show that they have been personally effected in a negative way by same sex marriage -must bring a case before a court. Who would that be? No one who I can think of. The fact is that no one is harmed by same sex marriage.

The only other way that the issue could get back into the federal courts is if a state stupidly passed a new ban on same sex marriage. Bujt that would not get far, since the court would be obligated to shoot it down based on the Obergefell precedent and any appeals court would have to do the same thing.

If it were then appealed to SCOTUS , they of course would have the option of not even taking the case and my guess is that is what would happen. It is too much of a hot potato.

However, if they did take the case, consider that Roberts, although a conservative who dissented in Obergefell is concerned about his legacy and the legitimacy of the court. He has an interest in not allowing the court to drift further right. He is aware of the fact that never in history has a right that has been established been taken away. He may well be the new swing voter on social issues .

So Brian, suck it up and shut up.....and work on your own life while you're at it .
I remember back in the day when Homosexuals just wanted to be allowed out of the closet and live a normal life.
I remember back in the day when Homosexuals just wanted to be allowed to see their sick friends in the hospital, so a civil union was created.
I remember back in the day when Homosexuals were not allowed to be married and a few years later were allowed to be married.
It is never enough for faggots, because faggots can never be happy, and must FORCE upon the rest of US their immoral lifestyles and we must accept them as normal or be brow beaten into submission. And little do the faggots realize that the more they push, the more the normal people hate them. I almost wish every day that Islam in America will treat the faggots the same way they treat them in the middle east. Guess who the faggots will be begging to save them?

Islam-liberals.jpg

They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Govt.
just know
I remember talking with a LGBTQQXYZ1234 thing(cant use gender identity) and told them that homosexuality isnt normal because 2 men or 2 women cant be natural. The things response was "Dogs do it too". Just think that homosexuals are like dogs, have to hump anything that moves, and NOT use their intelligence to realize how unnatural it really is.

In addition:

Brown vowed to get marriage back before the U.S. Supreme Court so that Trump-nominated Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh can, with the Court’s other conservatives, reverse the Court’s 2015 marriage equality ruling. And, without any apparent self-awareness of his glaring inconsistency, Brown accused Buttigieg of wanting to use “the force of law to impose his views on every American, especially those who disagree with him.” Which, of course, is exactly what Brown is trying to with his efforts to get rid of marriage equality.

What the hell is wrong with these people. The fact that they are so threatened by same sex marriage has to make me wonder what their marriage is like. In any case, they have one major and probably insurmountable problem in getting the case back to SCOTUS. Someone with statding- meaning someone who can show that they have been personally effected in a negative way by same sex marriage -must bring a case before a court. Who would that be? No one who I can think of. The fact is that no one is harmed by same sex marriage.

The only other way that the issue could get back into the federal courts is if a state stupidly passed a new ban on same sex marriage. Bujt that would not get far, since the court would be obligated to shoot it down based on the Obergefell precedent and any appeals court would have to do the same thing.

If it were then appealed to SCOTUS , they of course would have the option of not even taking the case and my guess is that is what would happen. It is too much of a hot potato.

However, if they did take the case, consider that Roberts, although a conservative who dissented in Obergefell is concerned about his legacy and the legitimacy of the court. He has an interest in not allowing the court to drift further right. He is aware of the fact that never in history has a right that has been established been taken away. He may well be the new swing voter on social issues .

Non religious liberal Bigots Still Obsessing About Christians-Get a Life!

In addition:

I still dont care if two flaming fags get married or not

WHY DO I HAVE TO give a rats ass either way ?
get married be well WHO CARES

Stop dancing naked in front of children in the streets ya fucked up ass backwards retards

just know
I remember talking with a LGBTQQXYZ1234 thing(cant use gender identity) and told them that homosexuality isnt normal because 2 men or 2 women cant be natural. The things response was "Dogs do it too". Just think that homosexuals are like dogs, have to hump anything that moves, and NOT use their intelligence to realize how unnatural it really is.

Dear andaronjim
Whatever these beliefs consist of,
by RECOGNIZING LGBT beliefs as FAITH BASED
then BOTH SIDES are protected from establishment by Govt
and from discrimination against free exercise and expression of these beliefs.

The First Amendment protects both sides from each other.
All we need to do is AGREE to recognize LGBT and Christian beliefs
as equally FAITH BASED and they should be treated equally as creeds
and not discriminate against either one. Either include both or exclude both.

just know

More of you usual convoluted blather where you seem to be trying to placate both sides of the issue.
"They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Gov"? To damned bad. Np one is imposing anything on them . The "beliefs " that they don't agree with is treating a group of people with respect, dignity and equality.

My position on granting a church police powers is in no way equivalent. I want to keep religion out of government, they wan government based on religion

I really have to wonder about people who devote their so called lives to trying to deny others what they can take for granted- Specifically marriage
NOBODY has denied you the right to marry.

Rock Hudson married.

Even homos can have a ceremony and PRETEND its marriage (but we all know not).

Since the left likes to drag Jesus into these debates, here is how HE defined marriage.

For this reason (marriage) shall a man leave his father and his mother and be united with his WIFE, and the two shall become one.

Two guys living in sin is NOT marriage

I still dont care if two flaming fags get married or not

WHY DO I HAVE TO give a rats ass either way ?
get married be well WHO CARES

Stop dancing naked in front of children in the streets ya fucked up ass backwards retards

Dear Deplorable Yankee
WHICH people are doing this?
File a complaint and police it.

If you live in a city like I do where certain districts
WANT to keep their transgender storytelling in the library,
then ask for EQUAL SUPPORT for ALL DISTRICTS to vote
in if they want Christian prayer and education
taught in their schools and libraries.

If taxpayers support these programs, let them pay for that.
If they don't, remove them all. Let's be fair and keep
this DEMOCRATIC. Let districts vote and police their own policies.

just know

More of you usual convoluted blather where you seem to be trying to placate both sides of the issue.
"They don't want beliefs they don't agree with endorsed, established, imposed or enforced through Gov"? To damned bad. Np one is imposing anything on them . The "beliefs " that they don't agree with is treating a group of people with respect, dignity and equality.

My position on granting a church police powers is in no way equivalent. I want to keep religion out of government, they wan government based on religion

Keeping beliefs out of govt would solve both problems
TheProgressivePatriot

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to all those whose marriages were lessened and/or destroyed as a result of mine.

Edited

• Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

TheProgressivePatriot

Although I generally agree with your sentiment towards the religious right (because god said so, or it says in the Bible are remarkable lame comments), I disagree with the marriage equality thing. Marriage has always been defined as a union between a man and a woman. Gays and lesbians had the same right to marry a person of the opposite sex as any straight person. What you and others wanted was a change in the definition of marriage (you got it btw, the issue is over in my view), which I find dangerous. I have no issue with two dudes, or two women being joined in some sort of union. I just don’t like redefining civil institutions to pacify or placate a special interest. I think it sets a bad precedent.

just know

Keeping beliefs out of govt would solve both problems
TheProgressivePatriot
ALL LAW is based on someone's "beliefs"/morality

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

Despite what the moral relativists have led you to believe, marriage is a sacred union between a biological man and a biological woman. Come after perhaps the most ancient and hallowed institution in human history you might tarnish it some but in the end, look out! There'll be quite a price to pay sooner or later.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

Why is the government even involved in marriage?

I mean, why give people state perks based upon who you decide to have sex with?

Makes no sense.

Edited

TheProgressivePatriot

Why is the government even involved in marriage?

I mean, why give people state perks based upon who you decide to have sex with?

Makes no sense.
The answer is that the People thought the country and culture has an interest in the success of the family.

The result of losing that understanding should be self-evident

You would have thought that the NOM would have closed up shop after they, and other such organizations got slapped down with ....]

You guys never stopped. For you to smear someone else for not stopping, is utter hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back