Religious People...

Will that make you feel all warm and fuzzy and goose bumpy if a prayer was not said before each congressional session?

I was just wondering what you would get out of ''no prayers before meetings''?

:eusa_whistle:

Care
Yes sorta!
I Would Feel like "WE" The ones in the session are there to make the best decisions, after all sides are heard! ( and Not Blame God for the decision or neglect!)

We do have the right to not hear those things. We enforce that right by simply walking away from the situation if we so wish.

Which is how I think everyone else should enforce their rights when it comes to their personal religion. Not dumping it over someones head, and then screaming "hate!" when it doesn't go over as you think it should.

I largely agree. But one can't agree when government imposes religion on government or government imposes on religion.... which is why schools aren't a place for religious dogma except in comparative religion classes, which I see as very powerful tools for teaching understanding and tolerance.

My understanding is you get conedemned permanently if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

We CAN'T Have That in GOVERNMENT!!!

SHOULD INSiST ON TAKING RELIGION OUT OF GOVERNMENT!!! "No Prayers before meetings.":eusa_angel:

I'll have to agree with you. I don't think religion and government mix. When I worked for a judge out here, sometimes he took women in his chambers and counseled them because he was a bishop in the mormon church and knew them from church. It always felt awkward to me. Then he would proceed with some legal decision and sign papers in his chambers for her.

Also at the middle schools out here children go to seminary for a grade, the seminary is right next door to the school not on school property so it is legal, but if your child doesn't go to the mormon seminary there is a alot of ridicule and seperation to that kid from the majority of kids who are mormon.

I'll have to agree with you. I don't think religion and government mix. When I worked for a judge out here, sometimes he took women in his chambers and counseled them because he was a bishop in the mormon church and knew them from church. It always felt awkward to me. Then he would proceed with some legal decision and sign papers in his chambers for her.

Also at the middle schools out here children go to seminary for a grade, the seminary is right next door to the school not on school property so it is legal, but if your child doesn't go to the mormon seminary there is a alot of ridicule and seperation to that kid from the majority of kids who are mormon.

Here In California: Wh Have VOUCHERS! OUR TAX $ GOING TO CHURCH SCHOOLS! I'm inflamed!!!:mad:

Here In California: Wh Have VOUCHERS! OUR TAX $ GOING TO CHURCH SCHOOLS! I'm inflamed!!!:mad:

I don't happen to agree with vouchers for private schools of anykind...would rather see vouchers for another public school....

HOWEVER, the people getting those vouchers that are deciding to use them for a private school, religious or not, ARE ALSO tax payers, so your money is not necessarily going towards their religious schools, but their tax money is going towards them.

We do have the right to not hear those things. We enforce that right by simply walking away from the situation if we so wish.

Which is how I think everyone else should enforce their rights when it comes to their personal religion. Not dumping it over someones head, and then screaming "hate!" when it doesn't go over as you think it should.

No you don't have any such right. Not anymore than anti-homosexual people have to not have to see homosexuals. Not anymore than racists have to exclude other races from where they live.

People have to tolerate you. You have to tolerate them. Problem is, you Godless types think you have some special right to not have to tolerate anyone else's beliefs but we have to listen incessantly to yours.

No you don't have any such right. Not anymore than anti-homosexual people have to not have to see homosexuals. Not anymore than racists have to exclude other races from where they live.

People have to tolerate you. You have to tolerate them. Problem is, you Godless types think you have some special right to not have to tolerate anyone else's beliefs but we have to listen incessantly to yours.

Now where have I spouted anything other than "walk away if I don't want to hear it" and vice-versa?

You know my personal views, yet I don't slap you in the head with them at any given opportunity.

I know your personal views, and you've managed to refrain from slapping me in the head with them at every given opportunity.

I'm guessing my way works pretty well.

Now where have I spouted anything other than "walk away if I don't want to hear it" and vice-versa?

You know my personal views, yet I don't slap you in the head with them at any given opportunity.

I know your personal views, and you've managed to refrain from slapping me in the head with them at every given opportunity.

I'm guessing my way works pretty well.

The first sentence in the post I responded to.:eusa_whistle:

That statement was stepping beyond your "views."

The first sentence in the post I responded to.:eusa_whistle:

That statement was stepping beyond your "views."

Then you obviously missed, or misunderstood the second half of that sentence - enforcement by walking away...

Do you think G-d would have made something good or something evil?
< BOTH! And Every other Kind of Emotion! But No Definite Lines between, for Everyone! Some more VIVID, Some not even noticeable. ( We haven't even found but a Small Fraction, of "GODS" Creations...) Did God Make Laws? Other than Gravity,& Temperature. :cool:

Forum List

Back